X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Duluth didn't just beat Denver.
    Sorry you're right. Won their tournament I mean.
    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
    University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

We never get sent anywhere close. Michigan always got sent to Grand Rapids.
      We need to simply earn the higher seeding I guess and not get in on other team's misfortunes.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
        Where has Gordi Myer been? Healthy scratch?
        Healthy Scratch is what i am thinking but he wont be scratched on Friday Night Healey wont be playing

Comment

Going to be tough to get a ticket to Fargo i am upset i cant go.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
            After five months of trying USCHO finally found a way to update my password. Nothing like missing most of the season. Thank you to one of the reporters on this site for giving me an actual phone number to resolve this problem.

Obviously happy about making the NCAA field, but two things really bug me about this team. First is the inconsistency already discussed here. The second is the consistency with which Healey goes for head shots. Probably don't have to worry about this because IIRC after the third one a player is gone for the season.

If it were earlier in the season a third thing would bug me - the inability to dominate anybody in the Schott. It seemed like every time I showed up excited to watch the team at home they left their competitiveness in the locker room.

Hoping the Cincinnati scenario plays out so I can attend, but Fargo will be a much harsher environment and this team seems to do better in the harshest places.
            Excellent points, all of them ... inconsistency, Healey's repeated head shots, and not showing up at home. All three of those things drove me nuts all season. Really wish we would have gotten sent to Cincinnati, but then, beggars can't be choosers. We didn't do enough this season to earn that. The only reason we are in is because other teams lost. I am with you on the Fargo environment. Based on the results to this point, I agree with you that this team will do better in the harsh environment in Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              We never get sent anywhere close. Michigan always got sent to Grand Rapids.
              We need to simply earn the higher seeding I guess and not get in on other team's misfortunes.
              Exactly! We're lucky we're even in this thing. Don't think anyone should be complaining about not getting sent to Cincinnati. Maybe win games we are supposed to win next season and we won't have to set and scoreboard-watch at the end, then complain that we didn't get sent where we wanted to. My sophomore year at tOSU, I watched the Pooley Brothers and others lead us to a 30-10-1 record (21-9 CCHA - 2nd place), win the consolation game of the CCHA Tournament for 3rd place (vs eventual National Champion Bowling Green), and they didn't even make the NCAA Tournament, so I am not going to complain about where this year's group is getting sent. Really, it doesn't matter because there are good teams in every region and bottom line, you have to win the games. We have beaten top tens more than a couple times this season and can do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                The only reason we are in is because other teams lost.
                Again, I think we need to keep a little perspective. We're in the tournament because we had a 20-win season, including 4 wins over Top-5 ranked teams. We earned our spot here. We're not in just because other people lost. You could say that about half the at-large teams. That's how it works every year.
                Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                  Hoping the Cincinnati scenario plays out so I can attend, but Fargo will be a much harsher environment and this team seems to do better in the harshest places.
                  The OSU/UMD game will not be a harsh environment for the Buckeyes. The flopping Bulldogs will only have their corner of fans cheering them on.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                    Just saw drew he has a soft cast on his thumb said it was broke again.
                    Unbelievable--This kid comes back for a couple weeks, plays some fantastic hockey and is out again. Tough break for him and the team!
                    It seems he is truly one of the leaders amongst this group. Any chance at all that he can suit up Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                      Don't think anyone should be complaining about not getting sent to Cincinnati.
                      I don't think it's so much complaining as it is severe disappointment that probably 99% of us can't make the trip to be there to support our team.
                      For myself I would have gathered as much of my family as I could to be in Cincy for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                        Again, I think we need to keep a little perspective. We're in the tournament because we had a 20-win season, including 4 wins over Top-5 ranked teams. We earned our spot here. We're not in just because other people lost. You could say that about half the at-large teams. That's how it works every year.
                        Exactly. The spot is earned. Some folks are upset about games that should have been won, which is reasonable and circles back to the inconsistency we've all been frustrated with all season long. Others are upset we didn't win the Big Ten. Some will not be happy regardless.

Cincy vs Fargo? Rohlik said today "We're up to the challenge and don't care where or who we play. It would have been nice to play in Cincy for our fans in Ohio but we're playing the cards we've been dealt."

We now have the opportunity to play in the post-season for the first time since 2009. Regardless of the inconsistency this season, this team has progressed the last several years. Hopefully this opportunity instills into the junior class and new players coming in that making the post-season will become an expectation rather than an afterthought.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                          Yeah, you are correct on this, we did earn this, and that is how it works. Now let's take advantage of this opportunity and win some games. Regardless of how this tournament ends, it's great to be back in the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            I don't think it's so much complaining as it is severe disappointment that probably 99% of us can't make the trip to be there to support our team.
                            For myself I would have gathered as much of my family as I could to be in Cincy for them.
                            I was ready to make the trip to Cincinnati myself and will not be able to get to Fargo, so I can understand the disappointment. Would have been a nice reasonable drive to cheer the guys on.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
                              Exactly. The spot is earned. Some folks are upset about games that should have been won, which is reasonable and circles back to the inconsistency we've all been frustrated with all season long. Others are upset we didn't win the Big Ten. Some will not be happy regardless.

Cincy vs Fargo? Rohlik said today "We're up to the challenge and don't care where or who we play. It would have been nice to play in Cincy for our fans in Ohio but we're playing the cards we've been dealt."

We now have the opportunity to play in the post-season for the first time since 2009. Regardless of the inconsistency this season, this team has progressed the last several years. Hopefully this opportunity instills into the junior class and new players coming in that making the post-season will become an expectation rather than an afterthought.
                              I've already mentioned my frustrations with this season and I am happy that we are in regardless of the "where" part. I totally agree with Coach Rohlik that this team is up to the challenge. They can make some noise in this tournament if they play 60-minutes and don't spend an inordinate time in the penalty box. I totally agree with your last sentence that making the NCAA Tournament should be an expectation with this program, not an afterthought.

Comment

With Healey and Brevig out, who leads the defense? Laroque and Parran?

Comment

Working...
                                X