The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

As far as our chances go I'll quote one of our most senior hockey alumni from the first season - " This years team has the ability to beat any team in the country, unfortunately they also have the ability to lose to any team in the country!"

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
      With Healey and Brevig out, who leads the defense? Laroque and Parran?
      Those 2 and Miller who has improved greatly since that friday night game at Yost.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        Duluth didn't just beat Denver.
        No Denver lost to North Dakota on Friday that was the first loss denver had since jan 20

Comment

I have seen no news releases about Healey being suspended. Has anyone heard anything?

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
            The OSU/UMD game will not be a harsh environment for the Buckeyes. The flopping Bulldogs will only have their corner of fans cheering them on.
            After how last week in Minneapolis transpired, I think OSU will have a fair amount of UND fans pulling for them. If anyone on OSU takes out Pionk, he'll probably be given a key to the city.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              I have seen no news releases about Healey being suspended. Has anyone heard anything?
              Healey got a 2 game suspension.

http://www.uscho.com/2017/03/20/big-ten-hands-ohio-states-josh-healey-two-game-suspension-will-not-play-in-west-regional/

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
                After how last week in Minneapolis transpired, I think OSU will have a fair amount of UND fans pulling for them. If anyone on OSU takes out Pionk, he'll probably be given a key to the city.
                LOL, unfortunately, our guy who is known for "taking people out" is suspended for the entire regional so we can't help you there.

It's no secret that many of us cannot make the trip up to Fargo for this. I did figure we would have some North Dakota fans pulling for us just because you would probably prefer to play us in the second game instead of Minnesota-Duluth. We're used to this kind of placement in the regional. For whatever reason, the NCAA has never sent OSU to a reasonably close regional other than the 1998 West Regional in Ann Arbor, MI. From then on, it's been an unreasonably long drive or a plane ride. We were hoping to be in Cincinnati this time around for the Midwest Regional, but oh well. It is what it is.

1999 East Regional - Worcestor, MA
                2003 East Regional - Providence, RI
                2004 East Regional - Albany, NY
                2005 West Regional - Minneapolis, MN
                2009 Northeast Regional - Manchester, NH
                2017 West Regional - Fargo, ND
                Last edited by osualum86; 03-21-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  He got One game for his 3rd game misconduct and one game from the big ten he is out for this weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                    LOL, unfortunately, our guy who is known for "taking people out" is suspended for the entire regional so we can't help you there.

It's no secret that many of us cannot make the trip up to Fargo for this. I did figure we would have some North Dakota fans pulling for us just because you would probably prefer to play us in the second game instead of Minnesota-Duluth. We're used to this kind of placement in the regional. For whatever reason, the NCAA has never sent OSU to a reasonably close regional other than the 1998 West Regional in Ann Arbor, MI. From then on, it's been an unreasonably long drive or a plane ride. We were hoping to be in Cincinnati this time around for the Midwest Regional, but oh well. It is what it is.

1999 East Regional - Worcestor, MA
                    2003 East Regional - Providence, RI
                    2004 East Regional - Albany, NY
                    2005 West Regional - Minneapolis, MN
                    2009 Northeast Regional - Manchester, NH
                    2017 West Regional - Fargo, ND
                    I will be cheering loud enough for call of us

Comment

It's been a while since I last posted; took a return to the tourny I guess. So, I heard a rumor (from a reputable source) that a significant sum of $ has been committed to build a hockey-only facility on campus. Something like a 5000 seat venue. Anyone else with connections hear the same?
                      Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arpod View Post
                        It's been a while since I last posted; took a return to the tourny I guess. So, I heard a rumor (from a reputable source) that a significant sum of $ has been committed to build a hockey-only facility on campus. Something like a 5000 seat venue. Anyone else with connections hear the same?
                        I have heard something along those lines but they are still noncommittal about the funds.

Comment

The Scarlet Liners are hosting a Viewing Party on Friday night at Land Grant Brewing, 424 W Town Street, 43215. Good drinks and the Aromaku Food Truck is on site.

Also, there is a Send-Off of the team tomorrow at 1:15p in the NW Rotunda of the Schott. Go Bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                            I will be cheering loud enough for call of us
                            Sounds good! Wish I could get there! Have a safe trip my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
                              I have heard bits and pieces of information but nothing etched in stone yet. I would hope the powers that be would have the foresight to build something bigger than 5,000 (seems kind of small-ish for a college hockey arena in Columbus, OH), but a hockey-only facility is so overdue here that I guess we'll have to settle for what we can get.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                                He got One game for his 3rd game misconduct and one game from the big ten he is out for this weekend
                                Yeah, I heard that as well this afternoon after I posted here. Guess it was in the Dispatch which I don't get anymore. Couldn't find it on the B1G, NCAA or OSU websites.
                                And Brevig is definitely out with the re-injured thumb as well!
                                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-22-2017, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X