• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Is Austin Perry Pooley's son?
    yes he is

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
      yes he is
      Nice to see different generations stay in the Buckeye family. There was Gene Popiel and his son Jack.
      I know there was at least another family but having a senior moment on recalling the names.

Comment

Miami released their non league schedule and the Buckeyes are not on it.

Comment

It's on the team's website that Healey signed with Calgary. No April Fools.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
            Miami released their non league schedule and the Buckeyes are not on it.
            Probably a good thing since we can't beat them these days.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
              Probably a good thing since we can't beat them these days.
              Yea but you hate to see the in state rivalries go away

Comment

When I get a chance I'll inquire if the no Miami games next season was by their or our request.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  When I get a chance I'll inquire if the no Miami games next season was by their or our request.
                  What I heard (and not saying this is fact). It's a one year hiatus due to Notre Dame entering the Big Ten next season. OSU had contracts in place with other teams and needed to free up four games. I know there are two games at UConn and two at home with RPI and their new head coach, former Puck Buck Dave Smith. Both those series are back ends of two year deals.

Living just a few miles from Oxford I hate to see Miami go off the schedule. Bucks seem to play well in Oxford - though they suck at home against Miami. Hoping Robert Morris is the other one dropped because we can't beat them in the Schott either.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                    Yea but you hate to see the in state rivalries go away
                    I hear you on the in-state rivalries. I would probably feel a little differently about the OSU vs Miami games if it wasn't an automatic win for Miami these days.

Comment

Talked to the powers that be at OSU and was told it's not really because of having to include Notre Dame. They said without real specifics that there were a number of factors involved with the scheduling that made it not workable next season and there was no definite yes that Miami would resume even the season after next. They're just not looking that far ahead yet. They said our schedule should be out early May.

Comment

Exter leaves for Michigan State

Comment

schedule is out. open at Wisconsin and close at home with the Badgers. Road games at UMass and UConn and a singleton at Robert Morris. Homes games with Morris, RPI and Niagara. Bowling Green also off the schedule

Comment

It's interesting that we open with a conference game, hope we do well. And I'm sorry to see Joe Exter go, I really liked him. It would be easier if he wasn't going to a conference rival.

Comment

Interesting that they are playing the Michigan away series the weekend of the Football game that should be interesting for parking

Comment

J.B. Bittner is coming back to assistant coach at Ohio State as Joe Exter's replacement.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...051917aaa.html

Comment

Working...
                                X