X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    How many misconducts has he had? I know you sit a game after your 3rd one
    Does that apply only to the B1G or an NCAA rule?

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
      Hope somebody from Penn State can make a play.
      Somebody from Penn State made a play.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        Does that apply only to the B1G or an NCAA rule?
        NCAA Rule

Comment

The wife asked me the same thing about Healey, whether he would have to sit out or not. if he does end up sitting, well, he has himself and his repeated head shots to blame for that. I am ecstatic that we are in, glad I was wrong about that. I just hope we realize the opportunity that has been presented to us. This team has realized one of its goals. Let's win some more games! I believe this team has the talent to make noise in the NCAA Tournament, which is why I didn't think setting it out was acceptable this season.

Comment

So, do we send Penn State a thank you card or what? Because if we do we'll have to send one to Massachusetts-Lowell as well!

Comment

After five months of trying USCHO finally found a way to update my password. Nothing like missing most of the season. Thank you to one of the reporters on this site for giving me an actual phone number to resolve this problem.

Obviously happy about making the NCAA field, but two things really bug me about this team. First is the inconsistency already discussed here. The second is the consistency with which Healey goes for head shots. Probably don't have to worry about this because IIRC after the third one a player is gone for the season.

If it were earlier in the season a third thing would bug me - the inability to dominate anybody in the Schott. It seemed like every time I showed up excited to watch the team at home they left their competitiveness in the locker room.

Hoping the Cincinnati scenario plays out so I can attend, but Fargo will be a much harsher environment and this team seems to do better in the harshest places.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                NCAA Rule
                Does this apply to Game Misconduct or Game Disqualification? He received a Game Misconduct on Friday.

Comment

Here's the problem, if Brevig is going to be out with his re-injured thumb we NEED Healey as our defense is lacking enough even when it is full strength!
                  He HAS to get the message that brains, not brawn are the key to advancing in the NCAA's.

Comment

NCAA Rule Book:

22.2 Suspensions - A player who receives three (3) game misconduct penalties
                    in the same season (including exhibition games) shall not be permitted
                    to play in the team’s next regular-season or tournament game against
                    an NCAA member institution. For each additional game misconduct
                    penalty (e.g. four, five, etc.) assessed to the same player in the same season,
                    the player shall be suspended for one (1) additional game. This shall not
                    be part of a progressive penalty structure. Exhibition games cannot be
                    used to fulfill the suspension for this violation.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
                      NCAA Rule Book:

22.2 Suspensions - A player who receives three (3) game misconduct penalties
                      in the same season (including exhibition games) shall not be permitted
                      to play in the team’s next regular-season or tournament game against
                      an NCAA member institution. For each additional game misconduct
                      penalty (e.g. four, five, etc.) assessed to the same player in the same season,
                      the player shall be suspended for one (1) additional game. This shall not
                      be part of a progressive penalty structure. Exhibition games cannot be
                      used to fulfill the suspension for this violation.
                      Then we best hope Brevig can play because Josh doing what HE WANTED TO DO may have once again hamstrung his team!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        Then we best hope Brevig can play because Josh doing what HE WANTED TO DO may have once again hamstrung his team!
                        Where has Gordi Myer been? Healthy scratch?

Comment

God****it...
                          Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                          University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                            God****it...
                            Yep, I agree.
                            No Cincinnati regional and sent to probably the toughest bracket. I wonder if we're hated because we kick a*s in football?

Comment

I just don't really understand why they sent Michigan Tech here and us to Fargo. I guess Denver is the higher seed and Michigan Tech is the lower one? First of all, given that Duluth just beat Denver I don't think Denver should be the higher seed. Second of all, for the sake of attendance it would have made much more sense to swap us and Tech.
                              Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                              University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                                I just don't really understand why they sent Michigan Tech here and us to Fargo. I guess Denver is the higher seed and Michigan Tech is the lower one? First of all, given that Duluth just beat Denver I don't think Denver should be the higher seed. Second of all, for the sake of attendance it would have made much more sense to swap us and Tech.
                                Duluth didn't just beat Denver.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X