Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    flip just one of the losses or ties and this team is in a much better place tonight. Really aggravating to think they let those two games slip away to the Michigan schools or even that blown 3-0 lead to Minnesota. Just goes to show all games matter even games played in October and November.
    So true.

And what if we had been at full strength during the last 2:48 of Friday's semi-final? With just that, maybe things could have been different.

But hey, I'm not giving up unless & until it's truly over. Will be flipping back and forth between BTN & NESN tonight...

Comment

flip just one of the losses or ties and this team is in a much better place tonight. Really aggravating to think they let those two games slip away to the Michigan schools or even that blown 3-0 lead to Minnesota. Just goes to show all games matter even games played in October and November.
      Yeah, those losses to the Michigan schools really stick out to me, the 5-4 and 1-0 losses to Michigan and the 5-4 loss at home to Michigan State when we just decided not to show up for the first period and got down 4-0. The losses to Wisconsin stick out, too, as we took periods off in both of those games. I apologize to everyone for my rant last night, but my thing is, if we have this much talent and still can't close the deal (make the NCAA Tournament), when will we ever make the tournament? Last night has me wondering if I will live long enough to see this program get to the NCAA Tournament or another Frozen Four, let alone see them win it all. I'll say this, too, some players on this team are lucky they are playing for a guy like Steve Rohlik. Most coaches would have given certain players the boot for committing that many five-minute majors and hurting the team repeatedly when they needed wins. I have tried my best to not get on here and rip the coaches this season, but this coaching staff has to get the discipline issues corrected moving forward. There has to be some accountability for that crap. There is no excuse for all the five-minute majors and taking stupid penalties at inopportune times. Championship teams don't do that. Oh well. Get 'em next year boys! We'll see if this team learns from their mistakes this season.
      Last edited by osualum86; 03-18-2017, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        So true.

And what if we had been at full strength during the last 2:48 of Friday's semi-final? With just that, maybe things could have been different.

But hey, I'm not giving up unless & until it's truly over. Will be flipping back and forth between BTN & NESN tonight...
        I didn't stay for the game so I could watch both at the same time

Comment

Boston College loses 4-3 and Penn State going into the 3rd with a one goal lead! Do we even dare hope??

Comment

I do! And I double dog dare you to have hope as well!

Great job by the River Hawks, btw. Held off a determined comeback bid by the Eagles. Hey Nittany Lions: Let that fine defensive stand be your inspiration...

Comment

Going to OT at the Joe. Last thing Penn State needs is another night with OT!
              I don't want to see a repeat of what happened to us two years ago!

Comment

Going into the evening, we definitely would have accepted this scenario. Maybe we get the big break; maybe we don't. But either way it's been an entertaining evening of hockey.

Hope somebody from Penn State can make a play.

Comment

I would love to be wrong about us not making the NCAA Tournament. OTOH, this team needed to do more to earn their spot. I sincerely hope if this team does make it, that they take full advantage of the opportunity.

Comment

On the edge of my seat as it goes to double OT!!

Comment

PENN STATE WINS! We're IN??!

Comment

Yes Play on Buckeyes!

Comment

Yes Play on Buckeyes!
                          What about Healey? Will he be face suspensions for NCAA play?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            PENN STATE WINS! We're IN??!
                            Yes Play on Buckeyes!
                            Well its never fun to have to rely on other teams like we did tonight, but I'll take it. Like I said before, no matter what happened in the Big 10 Tournament I think we should all be really happy with what this team accomplished this year. That said, it's 100% better that it's payed off! Man, I really hope they put us in Cincinnati!
                            Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                            University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              What about Healey? Will he be face suspensions for NCAA play?
                              How many misconducts has he had? I know you sit a game after your 3rd one

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                                ...I sincerely hope if this team does make it, that they take full advantage of the opportunity.
                                Definitely. We need to be extremely grateful for the second chance. And no matter what else happens, we need to bring the 'A' Game for every second of NCAA play.

Comment

Working...
                                X