Brown Hockey 2016-17: The Importance of Being Ernst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2016-17: The Importance of Being Ernst

Wow - looks like we played a pretty wild game last night. Giving up 8 goals on 20 shots is...interesting. I'm pleased to see that we were able to score a lot, but I wish it wasn't just the first line producing.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
      Wow - looks like we played a pretty wild game last night. Giving up 8 goals on 20 shots is...interesting. I'm pleased to see that we were able to score a lot, but I wish it wasn't just the first line producing.
      Wild game... It's good to see the guys scoring goals but the Bears need to play a little better defensively tonight against a good Connecticut team.

Tim Lapin is out for a while with a broken jaw. Alex Brink is gone for the season. Brown is down to thirteen forwards, and the thirteenth forward is a converted defenseman...

Good luck to the Bears tonight. A championship in the Desert Classic would be a nice way to start the second half of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
        Wild game... It's good to see the guys scoring goals but the Bears need to play a little better defensively tonight against a good Connecticut team.

Tim Lapin is out for a while with a broken jaw. Alex Brink is gone for the season. Brown is down to thirteen forwards, and the thirteenth forward is a converted defenseman...

Good luck to the Bears tonight. A championship in the Desert Classic would be a nice way to start the second half of the season.
        Wow...Lappin can't catch a break! (No pun intended)

Two years in a row with a substantial injury. It's too bad - I really like how he plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
          Every line but 4th scored. Watched on-line it appeared first line struggled defensively, Our defense were far too offensive, pinch way too much, making defensive errors with no coverage. Too many players thinking they can skate end to end. Coaches should be disciplining players for stupid penalties and selfish play. Every player should be required to play defense or they should not play. Without better discipline and defense this team will not be able to win. Our goalies have yet to steal a game for us. Players will not improve until coaching requires it.

Discipline start with coaching and setting expectations of responsible play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brownfan14 View Post
            Every line but 4th scored. Watched on-line it appeared first line struggled defensively, Our defense were far too offensive, pinch way too much, making defensive errors with no coverage. Too many players thinking they can skate end to end. Coaches should be disciplining players for stupid penalties and selfish play. Every player should be required to play defense or they should not play. Without better discipline and defense this team will not be able to win. Our goalies have yet to steal a game for us. Players will not improve until coaching requires it.

Discipline start with coaching and setting expectations of responsible play.
            Agreed! Accountability is huge. The coaching staff needs to establish structure and demand that players adhere to it. There's plenty of talent in this team, but little cohesion.

Re: the first line - yes, we got some production from other lines on Friday, but the first line accounted for seven of the nine goals. We need more balanced distribution in scoring, or else teams will easily be able to shut us down (like last year once conference play started).

Comment

Interesting interview with Charlie Corcoran. I had no idea he had family ties to Brown.

Comment

Interesting interview with Charlie Corcoran. I had no idea he had family ties to Brown.
                Where can I find the interview?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                  Where can I find the interview?
                  The link is attached in my original post. Hover your cursor over the words "interesting interview."

Comment

The UNH game is postponed until tomorrow because of the storm.

Comment

According to Mark Divver, Dane Cooper's career is over as a result of post-concussion symptoms. That's horrible to hear. I hope it doesn't affect his daily life.

Comment

Also just saw that Will Scherer will leave Brown and return to juniors. I cannot fathom why he only played two games this year. He's one of our most talented defenders. Another example of the coaching staff not "getting" it.

Comment

According to Mark Divver, Dane Cooper's career is over as a result of post-concussion symptoms. That's horrible to hear. I hope it doesn't affect his daily life.
                          I was at the Colgate game when Dane was unnecessarily blindsided by a Colgate player. Dirty hit. Dane is a good kid and deserves better. Trust and hope he stays at Brown and gets his degree.

Comment

Box score says 488 at the game. Picture suggests a lot, and I mean a lot, less:
                            https://***********/BrownMensHockey

While a good matchup, it is understandable as it would be clearly difficult to make it to the game over bad roads, find a parking spot within hiking range and keep warm in frigid Meehan.

Comment

Most of the Corcoran family went to Brown. However, Charlie's father, John, was a co-captain at Bowdoin (Class of 1982). John Corcoran, who went to prep school at Saint George's (Newport), was a scoring machine for the Polar Bears between 1979 and 1982: 135 points on 57 goals and 78 assists in 101 games. John graduated as the all-time leading scorer for Bowdoin. He still ranks 9th among all-time Bowdoin scorers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                                I was at the Colgate game when Dane was unnecessarily blindsided by a Colgate player. Dirty hit. Dane is a good kid and deserves better. Trust and hope he stays at Brown and gets his degree.
                                Dane is an intelligent young man who's looking at a bright future in a career other than hockey.

Defenseman Will Scherer has left the team, and returned to junior hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X