Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2016-17: The Importance of Being Ernst

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Mike, Blashill said Lorito will be called up to Detroit to finish out the season.
    I saw that. Still don't understand why Matt did not get a chance sooner, especially when the red Wings really went after him last June/July.

Comment

Originally posted by Kane88 View Post
      Call me a Brown Bear optimist but I wouldn't sleep on the 2017-2018 version. This much is certain, I know some very proud very good hockey players who are tired of being pushed around. Are we Lions or Sheep? Go BRUNO
      Two positive steps since the end of the season: Solid recruits coming in and a truly great choice for "C" and "A". As to the latter did not understand why selections last year were so late.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
        I saw that. Still don't understand why Matt did not get a chance sooner, especially when the red Wings really went after him last June/July.
        Yeah, it is kind of a head scratcher why he wasn’t brought up earlier. With the closing of “the Joe” this weekend it should be doubly exciting for him. A lot of hockey royalty will be in attendance.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Yeah, it is kind of a head scratcher why he wasn’t brought up earlier. With the closing of “the Joe” this weekend it should be doubly exciting for him. A lot of hockey royalty will be in attendance.
          Turk, speaking of Brown and the AHL, I was at the TU last night. Interesting to see Bobby Farnham and Nick Lappin on opposing teams.

Comment

With Matt Lorito called up to Detroit, Brown has had six former players in the NHL this year - Harry Z, Bobby Farnham, Ryan Garbutt, Garnet Hathaway, Nick Lappin and Matt in the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
              Turk, speaking of Brown and the AHL, I was at the TU last night. Interesting to see Bobby Farnham and Nick Lappin on opposing teams.
              ....not to mention Lappin’s 2 goals, especially the GWG with 1min. left.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

....not to mention Lappin’s 2 goals, especially the GWG with 1min. left.
                Nick is clearly the star of this team. Not sure whether he is still in NJ's long range plans.

Comment

Matt had his NHL debut Saturday and Sunday and got an assist in his first game.

Good artcle on Matt:
                  http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....ills_will.html

Comment

Matt Lorito went against his former teammate Dennis Robertson tonight. BTW, Dennis starts for Charlotte now; it looks like since Ulf Samuelson came in as coach his playing time has increased greatly.

Comment

This time Harry Z, playing well against Chicago. Good article on his play so far:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spor...zyk/100573766/

Comment

Many moons ago, in the initial post on the Brown Hockey 2016-17 thread, kdiff77 wrote "Apologies to whoever asked me not to use a pun for the next thread. Couldn't resist!"

As the time for moving to a Brown Hockey 2017-18 thread approaches, speaking for myself, I implore kdiff77 to refrain from installing still another pun for the upcoming season's message title. There may be those who disagree, but I think less wordplay and more creativity has merit at this critical point in our program's future.

P.S. I was not the one who contacted kdiff77 a year ago on this matter, but I am now submitting a similar request.
                        LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Originally posted by bruno View Post
                          Many moons ago, in the initial post on the Brown Hockey 2016-17 thread, kdiff77 wrote "Apologies to whoever asked me not to use a pun for the next thread. Couldn't resist!"

As the time for moving to a Brown Hockey 2017-18 thread approaches, speaking for myself, I implore kdiff77 to refrain from installing still another pun for the upcoming season's message title. There may be those who disagree, but I think less wordplay and more creativity has merit at this critical point in our program's future.

P.S. I was not the one who contacted kdiff77 a year ago on this matter, but I am now submitting a similar request.
                          Puns are all we have to smile about at this point!

Brown Hockey 2017-18: Marchin On Up
                          Brown Hockey 2017-18: On the Brink of Success
                          Brown Hockey 2017-18: All Aboard the Schoo Schoo Train
                          Brown Hockey 2017-18: Kill Two Goals with One Bird
                          Brown Hockey 2017-18: The Bird-en of Proof
                          Brown Hockey 2017-18: Let's Wynne Some Games
                          Will Brown Hockey Improve in 2017-18? Your Gessert's As Good As Mine
                          Brown Hockey 2017-18: Will(man)ing and Aibel
                          Brown Hockey 2017-18: No Longer the Laffingstock of the ECAC
                          Brown Hockey 2017-18: Are You There, Dodd? It's Me, Margaret (this is awful I am so sorry)
                          Brown Hockey 2017-18: Hope is All We Gottlieb
                          Brown Hockey 2017-18: No One Left But the McArdent Fans
                          2017-18 Beauds Well for Brown Hockey
                          Brown Hockey 2017-18: Corcoran Scorecorans Morecoran Goals (this one is so bad it made me laugh)
                          Brown Hockey 2017-18: We Have the Willman to Win

Take your pick!

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                            Take your pick!
                            Guess kdiff77 still can't resist.

Oh, well.
                            LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Jokes aside, does anyone have ideas for the new thread name? It's hard to thread the needle between optimism and realism.

Comment

How about just - "Brown Hockey 17-18: Ever True". This upcoming season is one where the team needs support - fans, alumns, and most importantly the Brown AD and administration. Let's be true to Brown hockey's traditions and its past great teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X