Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University off-season thread (preparing for 16/17).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    You're right, makes sense. Maybe Hoky was bored tonight.
    It's a wild world out there!!!

Comment

• Re: Boston University off-season thread (preparing for 16/17).

You see... he's doing a music thing.

He went with "stronger" to confuse everyone. Was he talking Christina Aguilera or was he hinting that someone was transferring to (Kelly) Clarkson. Or is it Keller (Clarkson) going to Canada?

Then he went with Wild World. Was someone becoming a (Wild)Cat (Stevens) and transferring to UNH? Nope. It was all a trick... a cover if you will ... "Mr. Big" aka Greenway going to the Minnesota Wild.

Silly Hokydad, Trix are for kids.
      Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 06-02-2016, 09:42 AM.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I don't disagree but it was all I could come up with based on his clues. Plus, I checked his Twitter account and it seems as if he's removed any mention of BU from his profile.
        BU still has him listed on their website, but all that is on his bio page is his name, position and picture. If you google him you can find a copy of the cached page, so someone removed the information.

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

IMHO, "hardly knew ya" could refer to a rising sophomore. Considering that 4 years is the "norm", 1 would still be "hardly" in my book.

If the S&C coach is moving in, I think we'll recover. Nobody was bigger than Boyle and we've survived.

If Greenway is signing a deal with the Wild, good for him. Tough to lose him as he really came into his own down the stretch. But I figured he would be gone in one more year for sure.

I'm sure it's not Somerby. He was expected to be gone, but loves BU so much he wants to play out his senior year, at least that is what I heard. And we certainly "knew" him.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Eichel to St. John? I knew they wouldn't give up.
            This is a good post

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
              This is a good post
              I concur.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

This tweet just hit:

"Spoke with BU defenseman Charlie McAvoy (No. 6 NA by Central Scouting). He's *very* excited about BU's prospects this season."
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  This tweet just hit:

"Spoke with BU defenseman Charlie McAvoy (No. 6 NA by Central Scouting). He's *very* excited about BU's prospects this season."
                  Tweeted by whom?
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                    Tweeted by whom?
                    Joe Yerdon, Buffalo correspondent for NHL.com
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      This tweet just hit:

Great, but did he say it with strength? Wildness?
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                        Tweeted by whom?
                        Just because he's "excited by BU's prospects" for the season, it doesn't necessarily follow he'll be here.
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

I don't think McAvoy is a flight risk this year. While his talent level is extraordinary, he's still incredibly raw and needs development from a skill and physical perspective to succeed in the NHL. Not to mention he won't be 19 until Christmas, what's the rush? After this season him, Greenway, and JFK would all be flight risks for sure.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            Joe Yerdon, Buffalo correspondent for NHL.com
                            Best NHL reporter going

If you want to know anything, ask Joe!!
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Another Tweet about McAvoy, this one from NHL.com's Mike Morreale:

At the end of VO2 max test for @CMcAvoy44 (BU), @NHLCentralScout David Gregory said "His legs would have to fall off for that kid to quit"
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Does anyone have any further info/guesses on what Hokydad is referring to?

Comment

Working...
                                X