Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University off-season thread (preparing for 16/17).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University off-season thread (preparing for 16/17).

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    think jd's issue is with people who jump on jrrrrrrry and give GQ a pass for doing sometimes the same thing.
    Did I miss BU fans criticizing BC for Couturier leaving last week or something?

I know I've been a vocal critic (to the small number of people who care what I say) of the NCAA rules that prevent a cut player from playing the following season, and for this reason hate when coaches cut players and force them to sit out a year or go to the USHL. And while all reports are Fortunato chose to leave on his own, it's still a joke that he can't play at another school next year (even if BU petitions for it, like with Collier, as that rule has now been removed), since Carvel doesn't have to sit out a year to go from SLU to UMass.

But I doubt that prompted this trolling, so I'm a bit confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post

But I doubt that prompted this trolling, so I'm a bit confused.
      It was probably a post criticizing BC from 7 years ago from someone that doesn't even post here anymore. J.D. is not in the practice of letting sleeping dogs terriers die.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        Nope, you didn't miss that. It didn't happen this time around (as far as I know).
        Last edited by J.D.; 08-01-2016, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Hickey impresses at Calgary development camp. Needs to be more productive after an 8-point (5G, 3A) season, especially with Fortunato's departure.

“He’s looking like a man,” an impressed Flames GM Brad Treliving said of his promising defensive prospect, who has packed on 25 pounds to his 6-foot-2 frame in two short years. “He is a good example of a player who was drafted a couple years ago that continues to show steady improvement each time we see him.”

“The sky is the limit for him,” Treliving said. “It’s only July, so you have to be careful about leaving here all jacked up about somebody, but we were really happy with Brandon’s game. He is one of those young players that just gets it.”

“He is a determined young defenceman,” added an equally impressed Flames director of scouting Tod Button. “He can make a mistake and still recover because of his skating ability. It’s those second and third efforts that impress me the most.”
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
            Hickey impresses at Calgary development camp. Needs to be more productive after an 8-point (5G, 3A) season, especially with Fortunato's departure.
            Wow - 3 assists all season? That fact escaped me. I knew he didn't really seem to develop, but that is a very low total for him. I would expect him to get 20 assists. I guess he didn't get as much PP time last year as his freshman season?
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

All six Terriers at US NJEC made the cut down to 32. Bellow is co-leader in points with six in two games after a 5-point game vs. Finland. Keller third with four.

NHL Network will televise remaining NJEC games beginning tomorrow and including Saturday night's game vs. Canada, which is likely to have Fabbro in the line-up.
              http://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_ar...rrer_id=701370

Comment

So did no one go see the Stanley Cup at Agganis yesterday?

Comment

My wife and kids did. I'll post pix to FB soon. Not happy with Fluto only writing about Mike S's visit to BC High. Nice article on NHL.com that includes the BU trip and Sullivan and Quinn's friendship.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    We attended, saw many of the usual suspects

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Didn't even know it was a thing.
                      I've been out of the loop for a bit.

Oh well.. missed opportunities

Comment

Bonino is bringing the Cup to Avon Old Farms next Thursday.

Comment

Jack Eichel article from the Lowell Sun.
                          http://www.lowellsun.com/news/ci_302...playing-nhl-is

Comment

Impressive performances by the five Terriers who skated in last night's 5-1 US win over Canada. Goals for Greenway and Keller. McAvoy very strong in both ends and produced the hit of the game that lit up Twitter. Fabbro had a strong game for Canada, effective on the power play.

US power play frequently featured Greenway, Keller & Bellows with McAvoy on right point. Add Hickey and that very possibly could be BU's first power play unit.

http://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/20...2-usa-win.html

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                              Impressive performances by the five Terriers who skated in last night's 5-1 US win over Canada. Goals for Greenway and Keller. McAvoy very strong in both ends and produced the hit of the game that lit up Twitter. Fabbro had a strong game for Canada, effective on the power play.

US power play frequently featured Greenway, Keller & Bellows with McAvoy on right point. Add Hickey and that very possibly could be BU's first power play unit.

http://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/20...2-usa-win.html
                              McAvoy has absolutely dominated from why I have seen. Looks very, very good. Perhaps Buccigross wasn't far off when he mentioned him as a Hobey candidate in his early, early Top 10.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

BU defenseman Brandon Fortunato reportedly transferring to Quinnipiac.

Comment

Working...
                                X