Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Afternoon Lodge. Jr and I went fishing thus AM on Minnetonka. No luck, but it was very nice out on the lake for the first few hours. Then some of the cousins of the people annoying hockeyplayer started being annoying on that lake. Jetskiers and such. Still a nice morning. We're getting pretty good at launching and retrieving the boat. Now just need to find fish.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      Good Afternoon Lodge. Jr and I went fishing thus AM on Minnetonka. No luck, but it was very nice out on the lake for the first few hours. Then some of the cousins of the people annoying hockeyplayer started being annoying on that lake. Jetskiers and such. Still a nice morning. We're getting pretty good at launching and retrieving the boat. Now just need to find fish.
      Was it nice being the only ones on the lake?

The strib mentioned that 60 officers would be patrolling the lake this weekend. #longlivecityslickerville

He state park we are at is surrounded by three lakes. Max speed is 10 mph. Needless to say it's mostly canoes and kayaks.
      Last edited by gmann; 07-03-2016, 01:33 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #185: Summer Activities

Ended up having a busy day. Dinner with the family at church, which they enjoyed, then headed to the hotel where a good friend and his family were staying, visiting family. Chilled with them and his parents (you want MN nice? His parents are the nicest folks, and I stress the word "folks" you could ever meet) for a bit. Now just unwinding, listening to the city's fireworks (can't see them, they are just below the treeline )
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
          Good evening Lodge.

The g family is camping at Scenic State Park this weekend. Absolutely perfect camping weather. Fourth weekend in a row with no bugs. I'm not complaining but it's odd. Very odd.

A few weeks ago little g got a new bike. It's actually a trike. Low rider that sort of pedals like a recumbent. It has a battery powered motor. The motor is supposed to be used for when he needs a break or for hills and such. It clips along pretty good. Anyways, he apparently took a corner way to fast and rolled it. He is ok but for a moment I thought a trip to the ER was in order.

Beautiful country up here. The plan for tomorrow is sun, biking, beach and hiking.

Lovely area, my uncle has a place across Scenic 7 from the park. Original cabin built around 1900 and he's remodeled extensively since then but I haven't been up there since he made the improvements....hopefully later this summer.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
            Lovely area, my uncle has a place across Scenic 7 from the park. Original cabin built around 1900 and he's remodeled extensively since then but I haven't been up there since he made the improvements....hopefully later this summer.
            We will definitely make it a point to get back here.

This state (like others I'm sure) has so many awesome areas. Nearly every campground we encounter becomes our favorite.
            sigpic

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Successfully got to dock before sunrise today. Won't have to deal with the weekend warriors towing little Jimmy and Susie behind their boat in front of me, beside me and all around me.

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                  Originally posted by Skeeterman
                  Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                  "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Happy 4th of July Lodge peeps! Simply perfect day today here in 617-ville. Going to the Red Sox game with my niece, then we're staying in town to head to the Esplanade for the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular! First time in a long time as a guest and not working it. The show is on CBS tonight 9-11pm EST if you care to watch.

This could be the last one. The guy who's been responsible for this event is retiring after 41 years. He is footing the bill for the entire show this year. There have been a few news stories about and they've kind of indicated my company withdrew or backed out of sponsoring. Which is annoying. Our contract ended and we chose to not renew. I don't like how they're making us look. I'm curious to see if anyone steps up.

Comment

Chicken in the smoker and the wind is blowing the smoke towards the chicken pen. Hope that motivates the girls into laying a little better as they have been slacking off lately. Only down to 3 eggs in the fridge right now and those were all laid this morning.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Good Noon Lodge!
                        RFalph- you still showed up ridiculously early in the AM. Either the library is open or you computer is still functional

Comment

s'upp y'all
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Good Noon Lodge!
                            RFalph- you still showed up ridiculously early in the AM. Either the library is open or you computer is still functional
                            I am using my laptop computer.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

There. TV moved, no longer on the wall. No dropped TV. No earth-shattering kaboom. Satellite now re-setting. Progress, I think. I just have to get my new TV stand home, and patch a couple holes in the wall from the original TV wall mount from 9 years ago, and get the living room re-configured, and we're all set, I think.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                There. TV moved, no longer on the wall. No dropped TV. No earth-shattering kaboom. Satellite now re-setting. Progress, I think. I just have to get my new TV stand home, and patch a couple holes in the wall from the original TV wall mount from 9 years ago, and get the living room re-configured, and we're all set, I think.
                                Starting to figure that out myself. After I cut cable, I have no use for two tvs. Brother is taking one, eventually, and will have to re-configure my living room. Found that for space, a super La-Z-Boy isn't in the cards for space; when reclined, it would take up too much room. So, planning minor adjustments to max the available space.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X