2016 Quinnipiac Bobcats Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Quinnipiac Bobcats Offseason Thread

Jones twins reunited in B'Port for the coming season: http://sportzedge.com/2016/07/05/for...-sound-tigers/

Comment

Originally posted by IsThereADog View Post
      Jones twins reunited in B'Port for the coming season: http://sportzedge.com/2016/07/05/for...-sound-tigers/
      4 Bobcats and at least 1 bulldog. Maybe trying to boost attendance.

Comment

Does anyone have info on when season ticket renewals will be sent out? I thought we had them this time last year.

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
          Does anyone have info on when season ticket renewals will be sent out? I thought we had them this time last year.
          My guess is they'll be out soon as the schedule was just finalized in the last 2 weeks.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            Hi All -

I'm hoping some of you might be able to help me with a couple QU jersey questions. I picked up a nice group of QU jerseys from another collector but noticed a couple odd items with some of the newer ones.
            • All the latest Bauer blue jerseys had the shoulder patches replaced. Based on the outlines, it looks like they replaced one leaping Bobcat with another one. (Sorry I don't have a close up image right now.) Did QU have a slight logo change?
            • All of the gold Bauer jerseys have two nameplates sewn on top of each other. On one jersey it appears they added "D. Smith" over "Smith". I get that as another Smith joined the team. But the other gold jersey (Schutt) appear to have the exact same name on another plate sewn over the original. Was there a slight change to the lettering style? I can't find any good photos to figure this out as everyone tends to photograph the front of the player.
            • If anyone can make corrections to the years I have noted that would be great. I tried to figure them out as best I could based on when certain players arrived / departed.

Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to post here, email me (info@johnsonsjerseys.net) or PM me.
            Thanks!
            Ryan J

I'll give you two million dollars for that Darcy jersey. What a name from the past. I'd go as high as 5M if you can track down a Kevin Bui jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by Larson210 View Post
              I'll give you two million dollars for that Darcy jersey. What a name from the past. I'd go as high as 5M if you can track down a Kevin Bui jersey.
              Well.... You would have to pay cash under the table to get that discounted price for the Darcy.

Anyone have any knowledge about the doubled up nameplates? Just curious why they ended up that way. I did throw a couple of the duplicate styles up on Ebay if anyone has an interest, and I would certainly sell them for less outside of Ebay. You can either message me here or email me from my website.
              http://www.ebay.com/sch/johnsonsjers...62128715116&ss

Of course if any Bobcat fans have a Tech jersey wandering the East Coast for some reason, I would be happy to trade as well. I'm also looking to buy/trade QU jerseys from the MAAC era if anyone wants to have a newer style and dump their older non-PC, highly offensive Braves jerseys.

Thanks,
              Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

The university just unveiled a new "brand" to update themselves to the 21st century. Athletics won't be changing for at least a year but my guess is there will be a brand new look for all teams. Supposedly Boomer isn't going anywhere but the school's identity (i.e. the "Q", typeface, etc) will be reflected on the new uni's.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  The university just unveiled a new "brand" to update themselves to the 21st century. Athletics won't be changing for at least a year but my guess is there will be a brand new look for all teams. Supposedly Boomer isn't going anywhere but the school's identity (i.e. the "Q", typeface, etc) will be reflected on the new uni's.
                  I hope they don't do much to the athletics logo -- I think they've got one of the better logos around.

Comment

QU players in D-Camps

NYI Devon Toews D Quinnipiac Signed Alum
                    SJ Karlis Cukste D Quinnipiac Draft Fr.
                    VAN Michael Garteig G Quinnipiac Signed Alum
                    WSH Chase Priskie D Quinnipiac Draft So.
                    ARI Connor Clifton D Quinnipiac Draft Sr.
                    NYI Travis St. Denis F Quinnipiac Signed Alum
                    MIN Sam Anas F Quinnipiac Signed Alum
                    WSH Thomas Aldworth F Quinnipiac Free Agent So.
                    ANA Landon Smith F Quinnipiac Free Agent So.
                    CGY Thomas Aldworth F Quinnipiac Free Agent So.
                    WPG Scott Davidson F Quinnipiac Free Agent So.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                      I hope they don't do much to the athletics logo -- I think they've got one of the better logos around.
                      My guess would be just an updated typeface. The Bobcat logo might get modernized as well. Time will tell I'm sure...
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        QU players in D-Camps

WSH Thomas Aldworth F Quinnipiac Free Agent So.
                        CGY Thomas Aldworth F Quinnipiac Free Agent So.
                        Is he really attending both camps?
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                          Is he really attending both camps?
                          They don't happen at the same time -- Rangers did theirs weeks ago, for example. So it's certainly logistically possible for a free agent to get looks from multiple teams.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                            They don't happen at the same time -- Rangers did theirs weeks ago, for example. So it's certainly logistically possible for a free agent to get looks from multiple teams.
                            I guess it's true... you're never too old to learn something new.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Being a MN native, my pro team is the Wild. I watched the prospect scrimmage yesterday and was pleased to see Sam Anas have such a great camp. We will miss him in Hamden, but he should put up some great numbers in Iowa and hopefully get a shot at the big time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by IsThereADog View Post
                                Being a MN native, my pro team is the Wild. I watched the prospect scrimmage yesterday and was pleased to see Sam Anas have such a great camp. We will miss him in Hamden, but he should put up some great numbers in Iowa and hopefully get a shot at the big time soon.
                                http://www.twincities.com/2016/07/16...at-every-stop/
                                "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
                                - Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                                X