X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV: Give Me That Remote!

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    I'd read that. Felt like they aired both [endings of Castle smooshed together.
    They did. If the show had been renewed, either it was going to end on a cliffhanger (the shot of both of them lying on the floor probably would have been the final shot of the season) or (less likely) with news that Beckett had died. Since the show was not renewed, they tacked on the Harry Potter-style epilog where they all lived happily ever after.

Notice that there was either very little, or no, dialog at all in that final tacked-on scene? It's not even clear whether Fillion and Katic were even filmed in the same scene together or whether they each were seen separately every time in cutaway shots that were then edited together.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      haven't read the link though I did watch that show (Tuesday). Totally cringe-worthy. One of the categories was "words from the Portuguese." Clue: "this word could describe either a vehicle of armored warfare, or a place where fish could swim." and none of them got it. Or Anderson Cooper faced the question, "Its name means 'snake with a hood.'" and he looked all confused and muttered "I don't know Portuguese." and how none of them knew Cam Newton?
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Watched the first ep of Jessica Jones tonight. Very odd, but intriguing. Won't marathon it, too much mystery going on.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Watched the first ep of Jessica Jones tonight. Very odd, but intriguing. Won't marathon it, too much mystery going on.
          I liked it a lot. And it's best to take that one just an episode per day at the beginning. It's a superhero show that emphasizes characters rather than the shock and awe of the powers the few "super" characters have.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            I liked it a lot. And it's best to take that one just an episode per day at the beginning. It's a superhero show that emphasizes characters rather than the shock and awe of the powers the few "super" characters have.
            Yeah, the cases she has are probably unimportant. It's the characters (right now mainly her and her contacts) that drive the show, similar to True Detective S1.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              Sonic Sea. It's on the Discovery channel tonight @ 9 EDT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-ja...ature=youtu.be
              Man. The only animal to destroy it's habitat.
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Watched the 2nd ep of Jessica Jones. I have a thought, but will hide due to spoiler related to a movie:

In Hancock (Will Smith) the superheroes are drawn to each other due to some force of nature. I wonder if that's the case here with Jones and Luke (the bartender). The husband didn't hire Jones (as far as we know) to follow Luke....

Comment

"Power Players" on Jeopardy this week. Louis CK was on last night so I decided to tune in. He destroyed WaPo's Jonathan Capehart and CNN's Kate Bolduan. Final Jeopardy was about the longest tenured SCOTUS justice now that Scalia is gone and Kate went with Souter, who hasn't been on the bench in seven years.

Not really a good week for Jeopardy, Tuesday's episode was so bad that the AV Club wrote an article about it.
                  That one was great, so much dead air. Abd apparently only one of them knows who's between India and Afghanistan.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Subscribed because my DVR won't record this thread...
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

"Power Players" on Jeopardy this week. Louis CK was on last night so I decided to tune in. He destroyed WaPo's Jonathan Capehart and CNN's Kate Bolduan. Final Jeopardy was about the longest tenured SCOTUS justice now that Scalia is gone and Kate went with Souter, who hasn't been on the bench in seven years.

Not really a good week for Jeopardy, Tuesday's episode was so bad that the AV Club wrote an article about it.
                      Did you see this comment from Jezebel:
                      So I was at this taping, and let me tell you - it was BANANAS. They do a practice round before taping officially begins to get everyone acclimated to the format. It became painfully clear immediately that Lara Logan had no idea what Jeopardy was and had never seen the show before. While everyone else was super serious, sprinkling in only a few quips here and there, she was raising her hand to answer questions, buzzing in without knowing the answer, and cracking jokes. She was acting so erratically that my family and I were honestly asking each other if she was doing shots in the green room before taping began - that’s how crazy she was acting.

The audience of D.C. nerds was mummering with concern over the nonsense occurring on stage - there was a serious buzz in the room. Coops took some time to explain the format of the show to Logan (answer in questions, don’t make jokes, etc.). I think that it really threw him off because he was killing it in the practice round, then totally flubbed the actual game.

The whole thing ran over time by about an hour due to Logan’s shenanigans and was painful to witness. Silver lining is that now I can say I was an eyewitness to a Jeopardy taping that was probably as close to one of the SNL Ferrell sketches as anyone will ever see.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Custom scoring rules for this fantasy season of Bachelorette (unless indicated, once per episode or person):

Pts Achievement
                        1 Blurred for nudity (if deliberate, 3)
                        1 Gives JoJo a gift NOT in first episode
                        1 Insults / insulted by another guy to his face
                        1 Interrupts a one-on-one (if says "steal," 2)
                        1 Kisses JoJo on lips NOT on 1-on-1
                        1 Says "I'm falling for you" to JoJo
                        1 Talks about his parents' marriage (if negatively, 6) (once only)
                        2 Is given a gift by JoJo
                        2 Receives group date rose
                        2 Says "I love you" to JoJo NOT during last episode
                        3 Accuses someone of "not being there for the right reasons"
                        3 Cries from sadness
                        3 Interrupts rose ceremony for alone time
                        3 JoJo says "I'm falling for you"
                        3 Mentions ex-wife or fiancee (if dead, 7)
                        3 Offends JoJo
                        3 Receives 2-on-1 rose
                        3 Receives first impression rose (once only)
                        3 Says he's a virgin (one time only)
                        6 Causes JoJo to cry for sadness
                        6 Is accused of "not being there for the right reasons" (if admits it, 10)
                        6 Is drunk (if throws up, 10)
                        6 JoJo says "I love you" to him NOT during last episode
                        6 Kisses / is kissed by someone other than JoJo, unironically
                        6 Makes out with JoJo
                        6 Mentions dead girlfriend
                        6 Mentions his kid(s)
                        6 Pulled aside by/pulls aside Chris Harrison
                        7 Flounces off show early
                        7 Has sex with JoJo (if NOT in fantasy suite, 10)
                        7 Is kicked off punitively
                        7 Proposes to JoJo (if before final episode, 10)
                        7 Receives medical attention (if due to injury while drunk, 10)
                        7 Refuses fantasy suite
                        7 Says "I'm not here to make friends"
                        7 Punches/is punched by someone unironically (if a relative, 14)
                        10 Comes back in subsequent episode to beg for one more chance
                        10 Has secret girl at home
                        14 Makes out with someone other than JoJo
                        21 Has sex with someone other than JoJo
                        Last edited by Kepler; 05-23-2016, 06:37 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Finished the Good Wife tonight, I'm right there with you Scooby...
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Finished the Good Wife tonight, I'm right there with you Scooby...
                            Can't recall what Scooby posted but....

I also finally finished S7 of The Good Wife. It was a fantastic final season, but I cannot say the same about the final episode. it felt like they planned to shoot 1 more episode and then got shut down. I expected there would be some unanswered questions and heartache - the show was a tragedy after all. But I expected a bit more.

Apparently there will be a spinoff? Anyone know which character(s)?
                            Last edited by Slap Shot; 05-24-2016, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Can't recall what Scooby posted but....

I also finally finished S7 of The Good Wife. It was a fantastic final season, but I cannot say the same about the final episode. it felt like they planned to shoot 1 more episode and then got shut down. I expected there would be some unanswered questions and heartache - the show was a tragedy after all. But I expected a bit more.

Apparently there will be a spinoff? Anyone know which character(s)?
                              Diane and Lucca Quinn.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Watched Special Correspondents on Netflix. Working in radio, it gave me some ideas.
                                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Working...
                                X