X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: Give Me That Remote!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Yep, I've watched a couple of episodes, though I had previously heard all about how they stalk (and sometimes kidnap/recapture) escapees from the compound.
    Keep watching...you get some real horror stories plus they start stalking Leah and Mike

There may be a second season of the show...with her level of hatred for them now I wouldnt be surprised by anything she does,
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Keep watching...you get some real horror stories plus they start stalking Leah and Mike

There may be a second season of the show...with her level of hatred for them now I wouldnt be surprised by anything she does,
      I watched one episode, and thought it was interesting, but never caught another one. I'm glad shes doing this, that is one organization that is seriously effed up, and could stand to be burned to the ground.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Leah Remini may well be the person that brings Scientology's downfall. They done PO'd her enough to give her the will to do so. She'd been in it long enough (childhood? Early teens?) and devoted enough to have plenty of knowledge and/or access to knowledge to do so. Plus she was involved long enough to know what kind of things they will do to her for fighting back. And she's (appears) smart enough to know how to do it.

I will say, watching the show I've gained a lot of respect for her.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Leah Remini may well be the person that brings Scientology's downfall. They done PO'd her enough to give her the will to do so. She'd been in it long enough (childhood? Early teens?) and devoted enough to have plenty of knowledge and/or access to knowledge to do so. Plus she was involved long enough to know what kind of things they will do to her for fighting back. And she's (appears) smart enough to know how to do it.

I will say, watching the show I've gained a lot of respect for her.
          I believe she had over 30 years in and was one of the most vocal defenders...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I believe she had over 30 years in and was one of the most vocal defenders...
            Oh she was. She was also in Sea Org for a time.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

So we can assume that Leah is best friends with Maverick and Vinny?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                So we can assume that Leah is best friends with Maverick and Vinny?
                She was.

The whole thing actually started at Cruise's wedding to Katie Holmes. TL;DR She asked where the Head of Scientology's wife was, got stonewalled, and got into some trouble because of that, that eventually led to her leaving Scientology.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  She was.

The whole thing actually started at Cruise's wedding to Katie Holmes. TL;DR She asked where the Head of Scientology's wife was, got stonewalled, and got into some trouble because of that, that eventually led to her leaving Scientology.
                  Her story is a great example of the crap they pull. It is nuts!
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Obviously most (if not all) of you know about the doc on Scientology, which is very good.

Leah....well, she's a feisty one, so no surprise she's going all out. I love her for it. Scientology is a funded BS cult.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The Young Pope is awesome. HBO is batting 1.000 withy these dark dramas.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Loving this Leah Remini show!

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          I watched one episode, and thought it was interesting, but never caught another one. I'm glad shes doing this, that is one organization that is seriously effed up, and could stand to be burned to the ground.
                          This sums up my experience with the show. I might start watching it again.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

+1 on the Leah Remini show... This is fascinating stuff...
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              The Young Pope is awesome. HBO is batting 1.000 withy these dark dramas.
                              It's early days, but I think they could be doing a lot more with doctrinal disputes and the really inside baseball stuff of the curia. The papacy is fascinating, perverse, and alien -- in some ways it's like the North Korea hermit kingdom, and in some ways it's like the mafia.

I have hopes, though. Law is hitting the right notes -- he isn't just Frank Underwood with a New York accent.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This is a good season to have drafted Corinne. I sadly did not.

(Kepler knows what I mean.)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X