X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV: Give Me That Remote!

Carry on.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: TV: Give Me That Remote!

John Oliver continues to do the Lord's work, teaching us that Duran Duran did a cover of 911's A Joke.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Someone posted at the end of the last thread that there are no good ideas anymore for TV. I don't know if there aren't or are but the Second to last episode of this season of Blindspot was fantastic. And The Black List has been phenomenal again this season. Both of those are on NBC.

The Catch on ABC has been a lot of fun as well and different.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Tonight is a new NCIS. Think they'll solve the case?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          Hmm.... before the show started, I [laughingly] "predicted" a particular plot twist, as a joke, not expecting they actually would do such a thing....

Oh, well.....
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Last Castle episode was really disappointing. It was rushed and the ending was crap. I don't know how much notice they had, but it was a lame ending to an enjoyable show.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
              Last Castle episode was really disappointing. It was rushed and the ending was crap. I don't know how much notice they had, but it was a lame ending to an enjoyable show.
              They filmed two endings after it was announced that Stana Katic didn't get her contract renewed. They figured there was a strong chance the entire show was ending, so things were changed. I didn't see it as I'm still on season 6, but it's disappointing to know the show went out with more of whimper than a bang.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                They filmed two endings after it was announced that Stana Katic didn't get her contract renewed. They figured there was a strong chance the entire show was ending, so things were changed. I didn't see it as I'm still on season 6, but it's disappointing to know the show went out with more of whimper than a bang.
                I'd read that. Felt like they aired both smooshed together.

Comment

It boggles my mind that this show and it's various iterations continue to find ratings success. I was barely able to finish the one episode I watched of the original. So cookie-cutter. So formulaic. Exactly the same as almost every other crime show on TV. Only with mind-numbingly boring characters.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Sounds like the disaster at the end of Heroes s1.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sonic Sea. It's on the Discovery channel tonight @ 9 EDT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-ja...ature=youtu.be
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

"Power Players" on Jeopardy this week. Louis CK was on last night so I decided to tune in. He destroyed WaPo's Jonathan Capehart and CNN's Kate Bolduan. Final Jeopardy was about the longest tenured SCOTUS justice now that Scalia is gone and Kate went with Souter, who hasn't been on the bench in seven years.

Not really a good week for Jeopardy, Tuesday's episode was so bad that the AV Club wrote an article about it.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          "Power Players" on Jeopardy this week. Louis CK was on last night so I decided to tune in. He destroyed WaPo's Jonathan Capehart and CNN's Kate Bolduan. Final Jeopardy was about the longest tenured SCOTUS justice now that Scalia is gone and Kate went with Souter, who hasn't been on the bench in seven years.

Not really a good week for Jeopardy, Tuesday's episode was so bad that the AV Club wrote an article about it.
                          Tuesday's episode was awful! I haven't watched last night's yet (Tivo-ed as we had a family commitment), but the questions so far this week have been softballs and these people have been miserable to watch. I'm so desperate that I'll take the return of Matt Jackson.

Comment

Are you sure it's NCIS and not Dragonball Z?

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                              Tuesday's episode was awful! I haven't watched last night's yet (Tivo-ed as we had a family commitment), but the questions so far this week have been softballs and these people have been miserable to watch. I'm so desperate that I'll take the return of Matt Jackson.
                              Perhaps someone should just invite Sean Connery and get it over with.

Comment

Working...
                              X