X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: Give Me That Remote!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Chad's coming back for Bachelor in Paradise. I think they are honestly hoping he'll kill someone.
    Well, Ashley I will be there.....

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

CBS announced that the new Star Trek show they're making exclusively for their online subscription service has been titled "Start Trek: Discovery." The official show acronym must be HIV.

Oh, and it looks like CBS is actively trying not to have people watch the show if they're really relegating it to be available only through their subscription service. While die hard Trekkies may add accounts for the show, it likely won't get much for casual viewership. While I like my Trek shows, I'm not paying a subscription fee to CBS solely for that purpose alone.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        CBS announced that the new Star Trek show they're making exclusively for their online subscription service has been titled "Start Trek: Discovery." The official show acronym must be HIV.

Oh, and it looks like CBS is actively trying not to have people watch the show if they're really relegating it to be available only through their subscription service. While die hard Trekkies may add accounts for the show, it likely won't get much for casual viewership. While I like my Trek shows, I'm not paying a subscription fee to CBS solely for that purpose alone.
        The fanboy dollar is strong. Minimal cost to CBS, maximum profit (relatively).
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          The fanboy dollar is strong. Minimal cost to CBS, maximum profit (relatively).
          Sounds like a play for the younger audience, who couldn't tell you what a television even looks like. I'm sure they'll make a mint, particularly since they'll be able to micro-target that (insufferable and rich) demographic.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That isnt really news...when they announced the show was happening 6 months ago they said it would be on CBS All Access. Nobody whined back then and no one is really whining about it now. Honestly it is probably going to get as many viewers online as it would on CBS. (and more multiple views) Plus CBS can track real time data on trends for the show as opposed to making decisions based on the outdated tv ratings model. It was either do it this way or have it go into syndication. This has way less risk.

The first season the only people who would watch were Trekkies anyways and maybe a casual viewer or two for the pilot. Well the pilot they are showing on TV so the newbies can see it and the Trekkies will follow it anywhere.

Honestly I think it is a smart idea because it doesnt fit any of their programming. The show wouldnt last on the network for more than a couple of seasons.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Good Wife spinoff will also be on that channel. I would love to watch it but I'm not paying a monthly charge to watch one show.

I watched last week's episode of Tyrant last night. Boy, it's like they're killing off the entire cast from season 1!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Sounds like a play for the younger audience, who couldn't tell you what a television even looks like. I'm sure they'll make a mint, particularly since they'll be able to micro-target that (insufferable and rich) demographic.
                Nope. They want $6/month for a single network. Hulu is $9 for about a dozen channels worth of stuff in addition to some anime, movies, and original programming.

CBS is acting like it's HBO when it's not

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Nope. They want $6/month for a single network. Hulu is $9 for about a dozen channels worth of stuff in addition to some anime, movies, and original programming.

CBS is acting like it's HBO when it's not
                  Exactly.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Except it isnt because the show has a built in audience and it doesnt take a spot on the network that will get hjigher ratings from NCIS or another procedural. Star Trek is not part of the CBS Demographic.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      I watched last week's episode of Tyrant last night. Boy, it's like they're killing off the entire cast from season 1!
                      I didn't see at least one death coming, the other I thought was unlikely because with Emma dying I don't see how it's possible for Barry and Molly to have any kind of a relationship after this, never mind with Sammy. I'd never forgive him were I Molly for putting the family in that situation. I'm not sure how they avoid jumping the shark if they have't already.

Comment

Kepler, the girls on your favorite TV show pay a lot of money to look that available. I don't even know what some of those things are that they mentioned.

Comment

Kepler, the girls on your favorite TV show pay a lot of money to look that available. I don't even know what some of those things are that they mentioned.
                          But think of all they save on tuition.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Remember when Stephen Colbert went out of his way to have a Republican as the first political guest on his new show and sat down for a respectful, humanizing interview with Donald Trump? Here's where we are today:

https://amp.twimg.com/v/4641c3fc-f0a...7-0208f7d0eae9

The man is a hero.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Why does that make him a hero exactly?
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Why does that make him a hero exactly?
                                OK, that clip specifically probably doesn't, it's just funny. The fact that his moral convictions have led him to speak out against what he sees as a true societal danger--likely to his own personal detriment--is certainly admirable. We could do worse for a moral center than Stephen Colbert.
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X