Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Maybe the students won't, but other season ticket holders will. It isn't like they are playing a big rival.
    I'm sure we will be late- but no question that doing the double will happen that Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Cooper Marody is ineligible for fall semester.
      This sucks, but considering what Red said, he played catch up from last year and got tripped up by one class. It especially hurts considering the youth and experienced depth on this team. Not going to be a vintage year by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
        Also, the Football game Saturday is at 7pm.

Ain't nobody going to that Hockey game.
        There is a ZERO percent chance that the kickoff will be at 7pm.

The Big Ten announces all their "primetime" games before the season. They do not allow for flex scheduling of night kickoffs, and there are already two scheduled for that night - Michigan State at Maryland & Ohio State at Penn State.

Illinois at Michigan continues to be listed as a 3:30pm kickoff, and will not start any later than that.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

The Big Ten announces all their "primetime" games before the season. They do not allow for flex scheduling of night kickoffs, and there are already two scheduled for that night - Michigan State at Maryland & Ohio State at Penn State.

Illinois at Michigan continues to be listed as a 3:30pm kickoff, and will not start any later than that.
          Either way, the parking for the Tech game that night will be an adventure. All things considered, I would not be shocked to hear more Tech fans for a period or two that evening.

And I'm not all that happy about it- I REALLY like it when Tech comes to town, for personal reasons. Add in Mel is well liked here- even more reason to be upset the cross timings of the events! This is a FUN hockey weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

I'm talking about this Saturday.

I'm very well aware of our Football schedule and all of the dates and times.

For that 10/22 game, there really ain't NOBODY going to that thing. Football will still be going on.
            ---
            National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
            Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
            19 Conference Championships
            10 Conference Tournament Championships
            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              Go to the football game. Then walk to Yost. That's what we will be doing. Weird to wear hockey jerseys to a football game, though.
              Yeah, okay, so just where do you suggest I park to walk back to after the hockey game?????????
              Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
              Row 1
              Seats 6 & 7
              Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                Yeah, okay, so just where do you suggest I park to walk back to after the hockey game?????????
                Neighborhoods near Yost? We see tailgaters there all the time. Burns Park area would be good (other side of Packard).

Or down the S. Industrial area.

BTW, the hockey game this Saturday is at 5pm. So you know. You'll miss seeing the start of the football game. But it's just football, not hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                  Briarwood. The dealership, not the mall.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Briarwood. The dealership, not the mall.
                    That's where I get my vehicles and it is in another area code on State.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Nagelvoort starting........................

JLF looked really good against Windsor. Even Lavigne looked the part.

My tummy
                      ---
                      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                      19 Conference Championships
                      10 Conference Tournament Championships
                      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                        Nagelvoort starting........................

JLF looked really good against Windsor. Even Lavigne looked the part.

My tummy
                        He will until he looses the spot.

He mentioned to us that he's had some good work with Steve Shields, and feels better in the net. But it is good to know that both of his back-ups look really good.

Comment

I'm excited for hockey season. I'm trying to keep my expectations reasonable, but I can't help hoping for a great season.

Tonight we see what the freshman can do.
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G
                          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                          2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            I'm excited for hockey season. I'm trying to keep my expectations reasonable, but I can't help hoping for a great season.

Tonight we see what the freshman can do.
                            I think that this season will be a challenge, although the schedule is fairly soft relevant to the other ranked teams.

It may set us up nicely for the next couple of seasons, considering there are very few flight risks. On the flip side, we are light years from competing with the best teams in the country because of this talent drain from the last two seasons. Unless we can win games 2-1, 3-2 I don't see us beating really talented teams with the talent we have brought back and with the youth on this team. Overall I expect this team to fall just short of a NCAA bid and win 18-20 games.

Comment

After a promising start, that was a disappointing ending....

Comment

I was watching until just into the 3rd so I missed Union coming back.
                                I thought on one of Michigan's PP's every pass that was a scoring opportunity would hop off the stick. Very uncharacteristic of Michigan I thought. Usually you guys are so crisp and precise on your passing it makes me envious.

Comment

Working...
                                X