X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    Do you seriously want to compare?
    Yes. how many national titles has Michigan won this century?
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveO View Post
      The 1977 Hornets were 22-1 going into the 1977 championship game before over 17,000 fans, the largest crowd ever to attend a MN HS hockey game at the time. “Edina East Team May Be Best Ever” was the headline in the March 16, 1977 St. Paul Pioneer Press sports section.

Top line Gordy Hampson, Bret Bjerken and Mel Pearson accounted for 16 of the 26 goals the team scored in three section playoff blowouts. Each had more than 50 points. They beat Roseau 2-0, who had former Gophers Aaron and Neal Broten, and Butsy Erickson. And then beat Grand Rapids 6-5 in the semis of which defensiveman Don Lucia was captain. But the highly favored Edina East Hornets lost to the Rochester John Marshall Rockets 4-2 in the 1977 MN State HS Hockey championship game.

SOURCE: Vintage Minnesota Hockey
      Isn't that the only downstate title? IIRC they ran a feature on John Marshall during this year's tournament.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Isn't that the only downstate title? IIRC they ran a feature on John Marshall during this year's tournament.
        Downstate? Do you mean Southern Minnesota? If so, I believe it is.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
          So you Techies have given up?
          Count the number of nationals UM had won in the last .50 years. At least it's not as bad as comparing Michigan football team Ohio State or Alabama
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Unless you count Johnny Pohl's Red Wing as southern. Which I do.
            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
              Unless you count Johnny Pohl's Red Wing as southern. Which I do.
              but that wasn't an AA title...
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                Yes. how many national titles has Michigan won this century?
                You sound like a sparty. Ignoring history because A.) you have none, or B.) you didn't do well in that class in High School thus you are attending a second-rate school...
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  Count the number of nationals UM had won in the last .50 years. At least it's not as bad as comparing Michigan football team Ohio State or Alabama
                  Always looking for others to beat your Big Brother huh?
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    but that wasn't an AA title...
                    but it was a smaller public school that didn't recruit. and they were undefeated 28-0-0. it is the best they will ever do.

Comment

You sound like a sparty. Ignoring history because A.) you have none, or B.) you didn't do well in that class in High School thus you are attending a second-rate school...
                      The answer I was looking for was zero. Zero was the answer. Or we can go with "how many titles have you personally cheered for in your lifetime?"
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        The answer I was looking for was zero. Zero was the answer. Or we can go with "how many titles have you personally cheered for in your lifetime?"
                        I'm going to guess the answer to this is two (1996 and 1998). Which would be one more than you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Maznblu View Post
                          I'm going to guess the answer to this is two (1996 and 1998). Which would be one more than you have.
                          I was trying to be nice and not answer thereby giving him (or her) more self-confidence. Biddco lives in Minnesota, they need something.

Comment

I was trying to be nice and not answer thereby giving him (or her) more self-confidence. Biddco lives in Minnesota, they need something.
                            You're a peach!
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

We don't have Detroit, that's enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                                The water in MN is not full of lead, so there's that. Does explain your behavior over the past month though.
                                In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

Working...
                                X