Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

I think Muckalt would be great as a head coach, I'm pretty surprised he was not picked or at least interviewed at NMU, or Omaha. Though in Omaha's case I think it was a cost cutting move.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      You'd think, right? Who wants a decrepit old codger like Mel wandering around the rink talking to himself?
      Coach Berenson was doing that the last 15-20 years so....
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        I think Muckalt would be great as a head coach, I'm pretty surprised he was not picked or at least interviewed at NMU, or Omaha. Though in Omaha's case I think it was a cost cutting move.
        And how do you know he didn't interview with NMU or Omaha?
        Last edited by davyd83; 04-11-2017, 07:17 PM.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

It has been posted.

http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/...d_hockey_coach
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            On another board- Mike Van Ryn was suggested, but now I wonder if he finished or not.

It is pretty funny to see the posting like that, though. And even if they have a coach already lined up, it's a legal requirement to post it.

Comment

I want to add before it's too late, how much respect I have and I think everyone is college hockey has, for Coach Berenson. He made a huge difference in college hockey as a whole and he will be sorely missed.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

No Blash for you!
                Chris Ilitch: We're confident in Red Wings' Ken Holland, Jeff Blashill

http://on.freep.com/2opWkej
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  Mel Pearson is a terrible ice hockey coach and should by no means be considered by Michigan. Plus he's old as dirt and struggles with the English language.
                  I fully agree. A terrible consideration for sure. Move along, move along.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Cooper View Post
                    NCAA runner up in Wrestling
                    NCAA runner up in Fencing
                    Men's Volleyball going into the tournament ranked #2
                    Lacrosse ranked in top 5

That's what I have off the top of my head.
                    I thought title IV would have done completely away with mens wrestling and fencing by now.

Comment

Danton Cole got the better job. He doesn't have to replace a legend! And Red is a legend. One of the all time winningest coaches & a first class act all the way. A few taps of the stick for Red. The game will miss him.
                      Last edited by davyd83; 04-12-2017, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by model94 View Post
                        I thought title IV would have done completely away with mens wrestling and fencing by now.
                        I'm not familiar with Title IV. You were maybe thinking of Title IX?

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Cooper View Post
                          NCAA runner up in Wrestling
                          NCAA runner up in Fencing
                          Men's Volleyball going into the tournament ranked #2
                          Lacrosse ranked in top 5

That's what I have off the top of my head.
                          so sports that people don't even care about even at the Olympics.

Comment

http://www.mininggazette.com/sports/...r-next-season/

Comment

You can read a lot between the lines in that article.

Relevant quote "I just felt it was time. Where else would I rather be to start my first head coaching experience than Michigan Tech? It actually turned out to be a real good opportunity. I am glad that I took it.”

Mostly, this article is stuff that Mel would say if he was interested in the job, not interested in the job or had no idea either way. What do you expect him to say?
                              Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Which is a lot of words saying exactly what people want to hear. IF (and that's a massive IF) he does move to Ann Arbor, it would not be the first time words like that were said when a move happened a short time later. With good coaches, too.

I would not bet a single thing based on that article- stay or go.

Comment

Working...
                                X