Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 879

Thread: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

  1. #521
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,599

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by RapidsCity View Post
    Ok, I'll type this slow because I know you don't read too fast. If Tech loses a great coach, that will weaken their program. Their are two biggest rivals are the other two schools from Upper Michigan, NMU and LSSU. throw Melvin a big welcome to Ann Arbor, the Huntsville of the Big 10.
    Oh the irony of this post. Thanks for PROVING my point....
    This is a new old beginning for Michigan hockey.

  2. #522
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,599

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    You have to use analogies that UMICH will understand. Clearly, he doesn't know much about the U.P. teams.
    UMICH, it's like having Anastos at State. They have a crappy coach, it's good for Michigan (if you like having a chance to beat your rival, not if you'd rather watch good hockey being played). So while Tech has Mel, NMU and LSSU have less of a chance to beat Tech.


    Anyway, for being so sure that Mel is going to stay, there are a lot of posts from Tech fans in this thread.
    Your analogy doesn't fly. sparty beat us twice this year...
    This is a new old beginning for Michigan hockey.

  3. #523
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by UMICH View Post
    Because I know things? I simply relay my findings here and then the Techards blowup the thread with their shenanigans and buffoonery.
    There's knowing things. And there's being an a&$ about it.

    It's the latter that most have issues about it. Should not have to point that out, but in your crap to Tech fans, you laid into my family too.

    Info is enough.

  4. #524
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    6,044

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    There's knowing things. And there's being an a&$ about it.

    It's the latter that most have issues about it. Should not have to point that out, but in your crap to Tech fans, you laid into my family too.

    Info is enough.
    I'm sure he is a nice guy away from the boards. I'd buy him a beer after this is all over. Same for Donald. And I don't think anyone, Tech fan or not is taking offense.... Well except maybe BB.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  5. #525
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    I'm sure he is a nice guy away from the boards. I'd buy him a beer after this is all over. Same for Donald. And I don't think anyone, Tech fan or not is taking offense.... Well except maybe BB.
    Maybe, I've not met him.

    But some of the lack of info crap about yoopers is a little much. I'm ****ed proud to be a son of a yooper and Tech grad. So..

  6. #526
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,599

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    There's knowing things. And there's being an a&$ about it.

    It's the latter that most have issues about it. Should not have to point that out, but in your crap to Tech fans, you laid into my family too.

    Info is enough.
    Hey, I just relay information as I get it. Of course it isn't right 100% of the time but oh well, nothing is 100% correct. I am always respectful until they start stuff, then I lay into them.
    This is a new old beginning for Michigan hockey.

  7. #527
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,145
    Quote Originally Posted by UMICH View Post
    Hey, I just relay information as I get it. Of course it isn't right 100% of the time but oh well, nothing is 100% correct. I am always respectful until they start stuff, then I lay into them.
    I'm still looking for the Jolly Pumpkin in Houghton. And the serial killers.

  8. #528
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    8,698

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by UMICH View Post
    Hey, I just relay information as I get it. Of course it isn't right 100% of the time but oh well, nothing is 100% correct. I am always respectful until they start stuff, then I lay into them.
    If you say so.

    But bear in mind, I'm not the only Michigan fan who is pointing this out.

  9. #529
    not particularly bad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yost ice arena
    Posts
    8,866

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Dang. I was on travel most of the week and didn't get my application in.
    I looked at the posting and realized I'm not qualified. No coaching experience. But, you know who meets the posted requirements? Anastos, or really any other rejected coach.


    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    If you say so.

    But bear in mind, I'm not the only Michigan fan who is pointing this out.
    I mostly just try to ignore him.

  10. #530
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    6,529
    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    I'm still looking for the Jolly Pumpkin in Houghton. And the serial killers.
    The serial killer remark was interesting given HH Holmes and Ted Kaczynski both went to college in Michigan, though neither was in Houghton...

    There's only a couple weeks left in school, right? I would think you guys would want to announce soon just so things can be put together for the summer.

  11. #531
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,599

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    I'm still looking for the Jolly Pumpkin in Houghton. And the serial killers.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jolly...44686148908380

    http://listverse.com/2013/01/02/10-m...erial-killers/

    A lot of loneliness in da UP eh?
    This is a new old beginning for Michigan hockey.

  12. #532
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,599

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    The serial killer remark was interesting given HH Holmes and Ted Kaczynski both went to college in Michigan, though neither was in Houghton...

    There's only a couple weeks left in school, right? I would think you guys would want to announce soon just so things can be put together for the summer.
    Kaczynski, while deeply disturbed, was absolutely brilliant. He was overqualified for sparty. The guy went to Harvard for undergrad, but yes then did come to Michigan for Grad. School.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...bomber/378239/
    This is a new old beginning for Michigan hockey.

  13. #533
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,655

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    That's downstate. This is like the time where a team booked the wrong Houghton and ended up in Houghton Lake.
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  14. #534
    I love (goal) lamp
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,588

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    That's downstate. This is like the time where a team booked the wrong Houghton and ended up in Houghton Lake.
    Gotta love the arrogance of someone who can't even tell the difference between Houghton and Houghton Lake.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

  15. #535
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,655

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by bose301s View Post
    Gotta love the arrogance of someone who can't even tell the difference between Houghton and Houghton Lake.
    It's not arrogance as it is someone who has a problem with reading comprehension/attention to detail.
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  16. #536
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017
    Posts
    2,593
    Quote Originally Posted by bose301s View Post
    Gotta love the arrogance of someone who can't even tell the difference between Houghton and Houghton Lake.
    Wow, that's top notch. Arrogance and ignorance all in one package. Guess geography is optional at SUNY-Ann Arbor.

  17. #537
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    248

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Dan Bylsma next Michigan head coach!
    Last edited by rustedblades; 04-20-2017 at 07:19 PM.

  18. #538
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    8,698

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    I remember swimming at Houghton Lake one trip back from Tapiola, which is about 20 miles south of Houghton, where Michigan Tech is.

    On the same trip, I'm sure we also swam in Portage Lake, where my uncle had a place- which is part of a bed of water that separates the Keweenaw from the rest of the UP- also what separates Houghton from Hancock. Tech is on one side, Soumi College is on the other- the old name for Finlandia.

    You can do better than that. Knowing that difference is not that hard.

  19. #539
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,145
    So you found Jolly Pumpkin in Traverse City. It's only about 7 hours from the rink.
    Last edited by davyd83; 04-22-2017 at 08:29 AM.

  20. #540
    Dark Lord of the Sith-Yost Regiment
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    225

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by UMICH View Post
    Kaczynski, while deeply disturbed, was absolutely brilliant. He was overqualified for sparty. The guy went to Harvard for undergrad, but yes then did come to Michigan for Grad. School.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...bomber/378239/
    One of my friends during my PhD at Michigan had Ted Kaczynski's office in West Hall. I know, cool story bro.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •