Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    Michigan's "shambles" was finishing the season ranked ten spots lower than Tech and splitting a season series with them.
    I know, and it's a shame. I'd like to see MI beat the snot out of the likes of U MN every year, but it's become the place where the best talent of the Ann Arbor national team goes to die. I think they need to find an energetic young coach to turn things around, or they're not going to have their pick of recruits any more. Why would a kid who's been told all his life that he's the best human athlete in the world, want to play in a place where they're losing games to supposedly less deserving players and teams? It's wasted time and talent. If the program was really the pinnacle of greatness as claimed, with the talent they have access to, they'd never lose a single game.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      Explain. You're talking in circles.

Mel was ready to be anointed as the next head coach when Red hung it up. David Brandon arrives, tells Mel he has no such right as the successor. Mel finally leaves after fulfilling the promise to his kids.

And you're telling me that's the same as Tech?
      Hey, if it makes you sleep better at night, you can think what you want.

But the situations were more the same than different. So to try to explain that the situation is so much different right now is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Hey, if it makes you sleep better at night, you can think what you want.

But the situations were more the same than different. So to try to explain that the situation is so much different right now is silly.
        It's simple.

Mel wanted Michigan. Michigan didn't want Mel. He moved on.

Tech wanted Mel. Then wanted Mel again. Then wanted Mel a third time. He went.

Is there another part to the first one? That's what we will find out.

Comment

If you say so.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
            I know, and it's a shame. I'd like to see MI beat the snot out of the likes of U MN every year, but it's become the place where the best talent of the Ann Arbor national team goes to die. I think they need to find an energetic young coach to turn things around, or they're not going to have their pick of recruits any more. Why would a kid who's been told all his life that he's the best human athlete in the world, want to play in a place where they're losing games to supposedly less deserving players and teams? It's wasted time and talent. If the program was really the pinnacle of greatness as claimed, with the talent they have access to, they'd never lose a single game.
            Michigan hockey schedules like their football team- all home games. Scared to come to Houghton. The pep band should have played the chicken dance for them last time. "Leaders and Best". LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              So when have you talked to Mel about what he likes or doesn't like in Houghton? Or do you simply assUMe?
              I haven't. I haven't spoken with Mel since school and even then it was a polite "Hi Coach" in passing and he responded with "Go Blue!" I really don't know him but I know people who do.

It's common knowledge that most people would rather live around civilization, especially if you have money. I don't care if Tech was paying Mel $10 Million a year, what good would that do when you only have 1 stoplight in town?
              Originally posted by alfablue
              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Quality of life is a variable, living on Portage Lake, the toast of the town, look at the YouTube videos as Tech boarded the bus @ Northern to see the greetings Mel was given to let him know how the fans feel.
                The student body and fans at Tech love Mel and his staff as the leaders of a proud program that is being revived.
                To simply dismiss the great area and diss it as uncivilized is just ignorant on your part.
                We Huskies could care less if you do not like it up north, I know I prefer Houghton to Ann Arbor and I live downstate until retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  I love this stuff . This is some D. Trump level bullshit from a desperate fool who just got stood up by Danton, his fantasy prom date.
                  Now, Mel may or may not want to step in at Michigan and try to salvage something of his early-career legacy there considering the program is in shambles and he no doubt feels some personal responsibility for letting everyone believe Red knew what he was doing for 20 years. But whether or not Mel agrees to step down and semi-retire to salvage things at Michigan, we couldn't possibly have a better example of "arrogance." Just take another look at what you wrote. Michigan is a has-been, would-be football school that can't even keep up with "Ohio State" in that department.
                  Keep living in denial. It's warmer there than Houghton.

How is anything that I said Trump stuff? Oh, and pretty sure that Houghton County voted for Trump. Washtenaw County went to Hillary, I'm not a Hillary fan but she is magnitudes better than Mr. Reality TV...

You're not even in our division except in hockey. Go away lil'boy....
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                    Michigan hockey schedules like their football team- all home games. Scared to come to Houghton. The pep band should have played the chicken dance for them last time. "Leaders and Best". LOL.
                    Just accept it, NO ONE WANTS TO GO TO HOUGHTON!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                      Quality of life is a variable, living on Portage Lake, the toast of the town, look at the YouTube videos as Tech boarded the bus @ Northern to see the greetings Mel was given to let him know how the fans feel.
                      The student body and fans at Tech love Mel and his staff as the leaders of a proud program that is being revived.
                      To simply dismiss the great area and diss it as uncivilized is just ignorant on your part.
                      We Huskies could care less if you do not like it up north, I know I prefer Houghton to Ann Arbor and I live downstate until retirement.
                      So you admit that there is NOTHING up there? Mel isn't retiring, he's coming to Michigan. Face it, he is using you...

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                        I haven't. I haven't spoken with Mel since school and even then it was a polite "Hi Coach" in passing and he responded with "Go Blue!" I really don't know him but I know people who do.

It's common knowledge that most people would rather live around civilization, especially if you have money. I don't care if Tech was paying Mel $10 Million a year, what good would that do when you only have 1 stoplight in town?
                        Because then you'd have to enjoy living around ****** bags like you, who doesn't know Mel and has never been to Houghton but knows everything about both and wants to spout off about them like he's an expert.
                        Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 04-07-2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I wish you would stop saying that.

Just because you don't, and some others don't doesn't mean nobody does.

Especially for people from there. They do find the location appealing.

Comment

Football: 3 way tie for 4th overall. Basketball 5th. Hockey 5th. Original Blimpy Burger gone. Why would anyone want to go to Ann Arbor? Kid Rock sang, "It ain't bragging m*********** if you can back it up." You can't back it up. You'll never need to wonder why there are so many Michigan haters out there.
                            Last edited by RapidsCity; 04-08-2017, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                              Football: 3 way tie for 4th overall. Basketball 5th. Hockey 5th. Original Blimpy Burger gone. Why would anyone want to go to Ann Arbor? Kid Rock sang, "It ain't bragging m*********** if you can back it up." You can't back it up. You'll never need to wonder why there are so many Michigan haters out there.
                              First of all you automatically lose the argument when you cite Kid Rock as a source. Go away ******....

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                I wish you would stop saying that.

Just because you don't, and some others don't doesn't mean nobody does.

Especially for people from there. They do find the location appealing.
                                They're loners, so are serial killers. Good thing that the population is small up there....

Comment

Working...
                                X