• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    You're going to be so sad on Monday....
    We'll see.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

The whole, what Michigan want, Michigan gets is an urban myth. These guys must all have a friend that woke up in a bathtub full of ice...

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        We'll see.
        Don't bring anything sharp with you to work...
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
          The whole, what Michigan want, Michigan gets is an urban myth. These guys must all have a friend that woke up in a bathtub full of ice...
          This isn't an arrogant thing. Mel coached here for 24 years, how long was he at Tech for (coaching and as a student)? Mel has a house down here that he could have sold. We get far better recruits. Michigan is a bigger school. Michigan has a larger budget. Michigan is your Daddy.

Mel is coming back to Michigan as long as Coach Berenson decides to leave. I personally don't think that AD Manuel has the stones to fire/not offer Coach Berenson another contract.

Pretty sure that Mel, his wife, and family would much rather live in civilization down here than with the coyotes up there where it's winter 8 months out of the year.
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

OK, correction. Cole is out, unbelievably Mel is coming back. The Techies say that it isn't possible but from what I heard today (same source as the Cole rumor) is that Cole got cold feet AND that Mel is coming back. He didn't guarantee it but that's what he guessed. He used the "Mel still has his house in Saline" factor to confirm it. I want to believe it but it sounds too good to be true. Coach Berenson still needs to retire though. That announcement will come Monday, if it happens.

It's quite possible Cole heads to sparty now.
            Has the job been posted?

Comment

This isn't an arrogant thing. Mel coached here for 24 years, how long was he at Tech for (coaching and as a student)? Mel has a house down here that he could have sold. We get far better recruits. Michigan is a bigger school. Michigan has a larger budget. Michigan is your Daddy.

Mel is coming back to Michigan as long as Coach Berenson decides to leave. I personally don't think that AD Manuel has the stones to fire/not offer Coach Berenson another contract.

Pretty sure that Mel, his wife, and family would much rather live in civilization down here than with the coyotes up there where it's winter 8 months out of the year.
              Better Coyotes than weasels!

Comment

Pretty sure you know next to nothing about the situation.

Susie loves Houghton. She's an alum too. Mel has now coached or played at Tech for 16 years, and unlike Skunkville they never have screwed him over. He loves the community, and it's fun to be the top dog instead of an after thought.

If SUNY-Ann Arbor was so great, why should it matter who coaches? Everybody should just be genuflecting in front of them from the other bench. And I would be awfully suspicious if people kept telling me I was the guy they wanted all along...But only AFTER Danton Cole said he wasn't interested.

Comment

Well it will be tough if Tech loses him, no doubt, but i'm pretty sure the house is not an issue, just put that part out of your mind for now. otherwise, can't we all just wait a few more weeks? I'm getting tired of thinking about it.
                  And Houghton is not as bad as you all make it out, especially now we have global warming.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

So when have you talked to Mel about what he likes or doesn't like in Houghton? Or do you simply assUMe?
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

If you ask my dad, he thinks Tech did screw Mel years ago when they didn't hire him for HC.

So they made it up, just late.

Not so say he's coming to Ann Arbor, but don't pretend that Tech has always been on the high end.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                        This isn't an arrogant thing. We get far better recruits. Michigan is a bigger school. Michigan has a larger budget. Michigan is your Daddy.
                        I love this stuff . This is some D. Trump level bullshit from a desperate fool who just got stood up by Danton, his fantasy prom date.
                        Now, Mel may or may not want to step in at Michigan and try to salvage something of his early-career legacy there considering the program is in shambles and he no doubt feels some personal responsibility for letting everyone believe Red knew what he was doing for 20 years. But whether or not Mel agrees to step down and semi-retire to salvage things at Michigan, we couldn't possibly have a better example of "arrogance." Just take another look at what you wrote. Michigan is a has-been, would-be football school that can't even keep up with "Ohio State" in that department.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          If you ask my dad, he thinks Tech did screw Mel years ago when they didn't hire him for HC.

So they made it up, just late.

Not so say he's coming to Ann Arbor, but don't pretend that Tech has always been on the high end.
                          He couldn't take it then. Mel promised his kids he wouldn't leave Ann Arbor until they all graduated from high school, and kept his word. He was the preferred candidate when they hired Tim Watters. He was the preferred candidate when they hired Jamie Russell. They went to him numerous times before he finally accepted.

Comment

Lol. You claim that Michigan screwed him, but not Tech for the exact same reason.

And "other" reasons that somehow don't apply anymore.

We know that you desperately don't want to lose him, but be realistic that Tech and Michigan are closer than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Lol. You claim that Michigan screwed him, but not Tech for the exact same reason.

And "other" reasons that somehow don't apply anymore.

We know that you desperately don't want to lose him, but be realistic that Tech and Michigan are closer than you think.
                              Explain. You're talking in circles.

Mel was ready to be anointed as the next head coach when Red hung it up. David Brandon arrives, tells Mel he has no such right as the successor. Mel finally leaves after fulfilling the promise to his kids.

And you're telling me that's the same as Tech?

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                Now, Mel may or may not want to step in at Michigan and try to salvage something of his early-career legacy there considering the program is in shambles
                                Michigan's "shambles" was finishing the season ranked ten spots lower than Tech and splitting a season series with them.
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X