Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Just a reminder to everyone that Friday's game is at 6:30 and Saturday is at 8:30. I'm sure the start times make sense when you account for all those people watching on tv. Nothing makes for thrilling television like a mediocre/bad team playing a good team in a half empty building at puck drop.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G
    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      It won't be Mel. Best bets right now are between two guys - if they stay in house it's Wiseman, if they go off the current coaching staff I say it's Bill Muckalt.
      I'd say it's premature to conjecture. Muckalt has a coaching pedigree now and watching the defenseless effort the last five seasons, Michigan needs a new system. Wiseman isn't impressing anyone especially with the lazy recruiting going on. Powers will retire.

On another note, nice to beat the Goophers who apparently take offense to being physically challenged. Row, row ,row the boat.

Comment

This has pretty much been known for some time (along with a couple other possibilities) but "Word on the street" is that Danton Cole will be replacing Coach Berenson next year.
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

As much as I hate to see it, that would be a good pick. Danton Cole has grown enormously over the past years since his UAH days.
          Can the State angle be overlooked?

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            This has pretty much been known for some time (along with a couple other possibilities) but "Word on the street" is that Danton Cole will be replacing Coach Berenson next year.
            Wow, from being the name pulled off the podium at Munn on the day they hired Asbestos to taking the job at Yost? That's taking bitterness to a whole new level.

Comment

Wow, from being the name pulled off the podium at Munn on the day they hired Asbestos to taking the job at Yost? That's taking bitterness to a whole new level.
              The auto correct in this post is hilarious.

It's a business. Mel is a good example of that- what he did at Michigan was pretty great, even after he was overlooked at Tech before. Bear in min d, I don't know of the history of him trying to get he job he has now. But I know my dad though he should have been HC a LONG time ago at Tech.

I'm sure there are others, but it's an example that everyone here can relate to.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                The auto correct in this post is hilarious.

It's a business. Mel is a good example of that- what he did at Michigan was pretty great, even after he was overlooked at Tech before. Bear in min d, I don't know of the history of him trying to get he job he has now. But I know my dad though he should have been HC a LONG time ago at Tech.

I'm sure there are others, but it's an example that everyone here can relate to.
                Oh, that was no autocorrect. Totally intended.

This situation is just a little different with Danton, when you consider that he would be going to his alma mater's biggest rival. He still holds the record for most games played for MSU, and he has zero history with Michigan's program. If both jobs were open at the end of the season and both wanted Danton, I think we would instantly know how jaded he still feels about being spurned the last time in East Lansing.

Which one sets him up better for success? I think we all know the answer.

Comment

Oh, that was no autocorrect. Totally intended.

This situation is just a little different with Danton, when you consider that he would be going to his alma mater's biggest rival. He still holds the record for most games played for MSU, and he has zero history with Michigan's program. If both jobs were open at the end of the season and both wanted Danton, I think we would instantly know how jaded he still feels about being spurned the last time in East Lansing.

Which one sets him up better for success? I think we all know the answer.
                  The personal situation in EL is really odd- how they continue with the commish is totally beyond me and all the MSU posters when we ever interact. Let alone not taking Danton more than once (count the resigns).

But, I still think it will come down to business. It has to- or the theoretical games with MSU will be really ugly in a way that it should not be. As far as I could tell, Red had nothing but respect for MSU coaches (including the time he and Mason got suspended for a brawl at Joe Louis).

Where the issue to me lays- how long does a coach intend to stay? I think Red stayed at Michigan longer because of the ties, and if Mel does not ever come down here, same thing. Even with other offers. Cole, on the other hand, dunno. If he does well, and a pro team comes along- does he bail?

Comment

Personally, I do not think he should bail if given the opportunity. The pro and college game are different animals, just look at Hakstol as he will be looking for another college job soon and his replacement at UND is doing just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                      Personally, I do not think he should bail if given the opportunity. The pro and college game are different animals, just look at Hakstol as he will be looking for another college job soon and his replacement at UND is doing just fine.
                      Money and power do funny things.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        Money and power do funny things.
                        a $10 million dollar contract over 5 years. I would give it a try.
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                          But everyone thinks that they can succeed at the highest level (well most people think that at least). If/when they fail in the Professional ranks they come back to college where they had success. Prime example: Nick Saban (yes I know different sport but same principle).

This raises an interesting question, what will Blashill do if/when he gets fired? Will he go back to the AHL? College? Or even another NHL team?
                          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Great senior night.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Great senior night.
                              Best defensive effort of the season at Yost. That was what was expected most of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                                Best defensive effort of the season at Yost. That was what was expected most of the season.
                                Can we start comparisons to the 2010 season or is it too soon?

Comment

Working...
                                X