Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Nice recovery tonight. Even spending a lot of time on the PK, and getting grossly out shot, we still won.
    BTW, if you didn't make the game, Lavigne got the start, in spite of getting lit up for 6 last night. Given that he played well, I would say it's a good chance that he's going to be the long term starting goalie.

And the re***** makes on think that Harbaugh's criticism of the B1G refs has carried over to hockey. Lockwood looks to have a broken collar bone from a cross check/boarding that wasn't called.

Good thing we won- the ref's would not have made it out of Ann Arbor.

Comment

And the re***** makes on think that Harbaugh's criticism of the B1G refs has carried over to hockey. Lockwood looks to have a broken collar bone from a cross check/boarding that wasn't called.
      The Big Ten has a long proud history of poor officiating in ALL sports.

Another blatant missed call was the trip the Badger goalie pulled in the 2nd period. I think there was ab out 5:00 left on the clock.
      Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
      Row 1
      Seats 6 & 7
      Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
        The Big Ten has a long proud history of poor officiating in ALL sports.

Another blatant missed call was the trip the Badger goalie pulled in the 2nd period. I think there was ab out 5:00 left on the clock.
        Which lead to Wisconsin's only goal of the night. How the refs can stare at that and not call it is beyond me. It's not as if you could not see the goalie lift his stick up.

Or the time you could hear the Wisconsin stick hit one of our players in the head- duh- high stick. Even if it was accidental (which it was) that does not mean it's not a penalty. Came down pretty hard.

Comment

Some people like to revel in other's failures. Which really puts their life into perspective, I think.

Hard to feel sorry for how pathetic their life must be.
          Bitter, sad and immature at best.

Comment

BTW, if you didn't make the game, Lavigne got the start, in spite of getting lit up for 6 last night. Given that he played well, I would say it's a good chance that he's going to be the long term starting goalie.

Good thing we won- the ref's would not have made it out of Ann Arbor.
            Yeah, couldn't make the game last night, but from all reports it was a gong show from Thul and Kronforst. Funny how Red mentioned that we were called for more penalties in this series than any other this season and yet blatant calls like the goalie trip and the dangerous HFB were let go.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
              Michigan fans are so delusional. Seriously, of all schools to whine and complain about another school "yapping" while blowing them out. Memories are long and the truth hurts. Almost every other school in the CCHA was on the receiving end of a UM beat down at some point in time, complete with late hits, cheap shots after the whistle and yapping and jawing from UM players as they piled on the goals and the referees looked the other way. It happens, that's athletics.

But then when the tables turn, these Walvies whine and complain about unsportsmanlike behavior out of other schools' players. Mee-yow.
              Your posting history is such a pathetic joke. All you're doing is talking about Michigan, typical of someone who whose a fan of a team not named Michigan.

Drink bleach, pu$sy.
              ---
              National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
              Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
              19 Conference Championships
              10 Conference Tournament Championships
              2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Pretty good response last night. Next time these teams play, it's gonna be a round of Virtua Fighter.

Even Lavigne was hitting them this weekend. I fully expect retaliation for that hit on Kile.
                ---
                National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                19 Conference Championships
                10 Conference Tournament Championships
                2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Which lead to Wisconsin's only goal of the night. How the refs can stare at that and not call it is beyond me. It's not as if you could not see the goalie lift his stick up.

Or the time you could hear the Wisconsin stick hit one of our players in the head- duh- high stick. Even if it was accidental (which it was) that does not mean it's not a penalty. Came down pretty hard.
                  How they let that trip go (that led to a goal) was that a few minutes earlier they let Lavigne get away with a trip.

About half way through the first, before it got too ugly, I mentioned the refs were letting a lot of cheap crap go (both ways) and that after the previous night's blowout I was scared that was the tone being set for this game. I was right to be worried.

I hope Lockwood will be ok.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    How they let that trip go (that led to a goal) was that a few minutes earlier they let Lavigne get away with a trip.

About half way through the first, before it got too ugly, I mentioned the refs were letting a lot of cheap crap go (both ways) and that after the previous night's blowout I was scared that was the tone being set for this game. I was right to be worried.

I hope Lockwood will be ok.
                    Ok- didn't see that at all.

But I'm not a big fan of the refs basically making two teams get that emotional against each other.

That high stick that hit Kyle (I think) in the head could have been bad- I saw a helmet get broken in half when a very accidental (just like for the Wisconsin player) fall lead to a massive high stick to the head. Nothing at all against the Wisconsin player- I really think it was an accident. BUT it was a stick to the head, and that is supposed to be a penalty, even if an accident.

Then the boarding against Lockwood. He doesn't go from 3 feet from the boards into the boards accidentally- and our guys were called for boarding for much less than that.

Comment

Lockwood update (includes video of "The hit")

http://michigan.247sports.com/Articl...ith-s-49744339
                      Row 1
                      Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Separated shoulder, well, I expected a broken collar bone based on how he was holding it. So that's better, for sure. B

Comment

Separated shoulder, well, I expected a broken collar bone based on how he was holding it. So that's better, for sure. B

There is a medical doctor with season tickets next to me. He thought the same thing (broken clavicle) when it happened.
                          Row 1
                          Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Are we losing any players to World Juniors this year?
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                              Are we losing any players to World Juniors this year?
                              Currently, just Cecconi. Team still looks a little big, so he could get cut, too.

Comment

Currently, just Cecconi. Team still looks a little big, so he could get cut, too.
                                Thanks, although with the way they've played thus far it seems unlikely that it would matter...
                                Originally posted by alfablue
                                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Working...
                                X