Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    I think we only saw the real BU for about 1.5 periods all weekend, but your points are valid.
    You also saw a very injured BU, three top 9 forwards were out including our best player in Keller. We skated 10 forwards for the last two periods Saturday.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      You also saw a very injured BU, three top 9 forwards were out including our best player in Keller. We skated 10 forwards for the last two periods Saturday.
      Would have been fun to see both teams at full strength + Michigan's defects from last season if they stayed. Ifs and buts...

Comment

Would have been fun to see both teams at full strength + Michigan's defects from last season if they stayed. Ifs and buts...
        Reason for optimism for the future: zero Seniors played Friday night.
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
          Reason for optimism for the future: zero Seniors played Friday night.
          wrong. Evan Allen played.

Comment

wrong. Evan Allen played.

Will wonders never cease, the Michigan Hockey radio announcers were wrong. I also saw somewhere that the Seniors (minus Allen evidently) were suspended for Friday for a violation of team rules. Which of course basically means that Coach Berenson isn't telling you what they did...
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Will wonders never cease, the Michigan Hockey radio announcers were wrong. I also saw somewhere that the Seniors (minus Allen evidently) were suspended for Friday for a violation of team rules. Which of course basically means that Coach Berenson isn't telling you what they did...
              Not sure if all of them were involved. Shuart, Kile and DeJong for sure, but played Saturday. Lohan did not dress on Saturday. Nagelvoort was the third goalie on Saturday and dressed. Allen dressed for both games.

I think our leadership is reflecting on the ice. I watched Kile float every shift except for the occasional burst when he pirouetted around the zone carrying the puck. De Jong played solid, but should know better. Shuart is needed on the ice for his offense and size and was victimized on the winning goal, having his back to the BU forward who cruised in the slot and popped in the rebound.

My guess is, the freshmen are figuring out things by themselves.

Comment

Any word on a Dekers watch party for the Dec. 1 game at Penn State? It's on ESPN U, in the past I got that channel but I down-sized this past summer. What are thoughts that Comcrap might pick it up?

Comment

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...duo_boosts.php

But can we score? Never thought I'd question Michigan and their offensive output...

Comment

The game on ESPNU may show up here. http://livetv.sx/eng/
                    Sometimes when a game is on 'sat channel' it pops up here. Hit the 'hockey figure' button on the left and go down the list. If you have adblock it makes it easier to get though the opening up sequence. Note the time is European so it will show up in UTC time. Good luck.
                    He is as cool as a bomb disposal technician!

Comment

Originally posted by sqeyes View Post
                      The game on ESPNU may show up here. http://livetv.sx/eng/
                      Sometimes when a game is on 'sat channel' it pops up here. Hit the 'hockey figure' button on the left and go down the list. If you have adblock it makes it easier to get though the opening up sequence. Note the time is European so it will show up in UTC time. Good luck.
                      Thanks.

Comment

Any word on a Dekers watch party for the Dec. 1 game at Penn State? It's on ESPN U, in the past I got that channel but I down-sized this past summer. What are thoughts that Comcrap might pick it up?
                        I would be absolutely SHOCKED if the ESPN contractual rights would allow for that.
                        Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                        Row 1
                        Seats 6 & 7
                        Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

The Laker split was disappointing, but that is what we get with this year's Michigan team. Struggle to beat middle of the pack teams. Their goaltender was outstanding on Friday, probably stole that game vs. Lafontaine who looked to be fighting it a bit. Giving up the winner with 3 minutes left was killer, not his fault, got to cover the guy off the bench. LSSU earned it. They play a real aggressive two man forecheck. On Saturday, I thought we were much better and they gave us more to work with offensively. Not the best defensive effort by them or their netminder.

Good to see Nagelvoort with a solid effort. Sounds like LaVigne is out of action, didn't dress either night.

On to PSU Thursday and Friday.

Comment

B1G season starts tonight. Where will Michigan end up in the conference? I'm thinking 3 or 4. I believe we're at least a better team than State...but they are coming off an impressive win and tie at North Dakota.

Here's how the conference stacks up right now based on winning percentage in non-conference play (which I know isn't very meaningful)

Penn State .885
                            OSU .769
                            Wisconsin .583
                            Minnesota .583
                            Michigan .542
                            MSU .409

So this weekend we play #7 Penn State. PSU has always played competitive with us. They've had a good start to the season, but a weak schedule (winning their last 8 games, but against Canisus, Niagara, UAA and ASU).

Tonight's game is on ESPNU.

I think are chances tonight are similar to our season so far... .500

Go Blue!
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

Comment

It's not over yet but groan....

Comment

pathetic effort. This team quits real easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X