Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Met the guy once, was very pleasant, joked with us Gopher fans a bit. Saddened that "home" is NOT Tech,but rather is Michigan. Nature of the business.

I wish him well.
    Home is where the check is signed.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
      No new direct quotes, just the drivel from the press conference regurgitated and title inferred from a clueless staff writer.
      Last edited by Huskiefan906; 04-26-2017, 06:02 AM.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
        No new direct quotes, just the drivel from the press conference regurgitated and title inferred from a clueless staff writer.
        Since you were looking for them, here are some quotes from a face to face interview- http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...042417aai.html

Comment

If my math is correct, Mel Pearson has spent 22 years at Michigan and 12 years at Michigan Tech. I can definitely understand if he considers Michigan home.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            If my math is correct, Mel Pearson has spent 22 years at Michigan and 12 years at Michigan Tech. I can definitely understand if he considers Michigan home.
            4 as player (1977 to 1981)
            6 as assistant coach (1982 to 1988)
            6 as head coach (2011 to 2017)

But the point still stands 22 > 16.
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
              4 as player (1977 to 1981)
              6 as assistant coach (1982 to 1988)
              6 as head coach (2011 to 2017)

But the point still stands 22 > 16.
              Anybody know what he did in the year between graduating and becoming an assistant coach?

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                OK, I guess that I should apologize. Mainly because if I really am Mel I am a Tech-tard too...
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

OK, I guess that I should apologize. Mainly because if I really am Mel I am a Tech-tard too...
                  Well you already were half of that so...
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
                    well that and he kept his home in Saline...
                    According to the City of Saline's Tax and Assessing Software, at www.cityofsaline.org, Mel & Susan Pearson sold their house at 349 Saline River for $230K on 8/5/2011. It's a modest 1982 sq ft, two story colonial. And according to www.ewashtenaw.org, Mel doesn't own any other property in Washtenaw County.

They should have kept it and rented it out since rental income is offset by depreciation, making it tax free.

Mel should be able to afford a bigger house now . There are some HUGE properties, befitting a head coach, out in South Lyon. Or he should buy the Addams Family house in Saline...
                    Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 04-28-2017, 08:03 AM.
                    "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                    Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      Well you already were half of that so...
                      So now you hate Mel?
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

So now you hate Mel?
                        Not in the least bit.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

You know, I really don't care that you're not a Tech-fan. I am however frustrated with all of the illegitimate Tech-fans who are no where to be found though...

You'd think that they would be used to being WRONG!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                            You know, I really don't care that you're not a Tech-fan. I am however frustrated with all of the illegitimate Tech-fans who are no where to be found though...

You'd think that they would be used to being WRONG!!!!!!
                            Michigan. Where the M stands for Mediocre.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                              Michigan. Where the M stands for Mediocre.
                              Do you seriously want to compare?

Comment

So you Techies have given up?

Comment

Working...
                                X