Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 879

Thread: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

  1. #781
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Soo, Mich
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by bose301s View Post
    That you're an utter moron?
    Bose, now should apologize to all utter morons for comparing them to weasel boy.

  2. #782
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,572

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    That you didn't apply.
    I wouldn't want to live in the middle of nowhere, oh yea, that and I'm not qualified...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    2016-17 Spartan Hockey
    Jerseys: 7 Wins: 7

  3. #783
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,572

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by bose301s View Post
    That you're an utter moron?
    Congratulations you used the correct form of you're. Your idiot brethren Shirtless didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    2016-17 Spartan Hockey
    Jerseys: 7 Wins: 7

  4. #784
    not particularly bad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yost ice arena
    Posts
    8,824

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    The right coach has an immediate impact. And even though people talk about a coach "needing to get his recruits in place" all the time, I call BS on that notion. You will know whether or not hiring Mel was a home run by early in his second season. My guess? That ball is probably going a long way.
    I feel like with Mel having worked for years recruiting under Red that most of the Michigan recruits and current players are going to match up with the types of guys Mel may have recruited for himself. Shouldn't be as much of an issue as it would normally be with someone taking over the program.

  5. #785
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,573

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    A couple of future Wolverines set themselves apart at the 2017 World Selects Invite, featuring top '02s from around the world:

    http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...nges-2002s-wsi

  6. #786
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,572

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    A couple of future Wolverines set themselves apart at the 2017 World Selects Invite, featuring top '02s from around the world:

    http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...nges-2002s-wsi
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    2016-17 Spartan Hockey
    Jerseys: 7 Wins: 7

  7. #787
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    27

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    No word on the 2nd assistant? Is Mel waiting to see if Muckalt gets the Tech job?

  8. #788
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    8,333

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by QU/UM View Post
    No word on the 2nd assistant? Is Mel waiting to see if Muckalt gets the Tech job?
    One scribe is suggesting we will hear next week.

  9. #789
    Melvin K. Pearson
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    871

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    If there wasn't any official word on Powers being gone, I found the job listing for assistant hockey coach on the umich careers page.
    WELCOME BACK HOME, COACH PEARSON!!
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners
    75 All-Americans


    Wolverine Devotee, formerly of MGoBlog
    @UMichWD on Twitter

  10. #790
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,572

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by QU/UM View Post
    No word on the 2nd assistant? Is Mel waiting to see if Muckalt gets the Tech job?
    I've heard the same thing from a somewhat unreliable source that alfa listed previously. There's no news as far as I know (but keep in mind that I'm not as well connected as I used to be).
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    2016-17 Spartan Hockey
    Jerseys: 7 Wins: 7

  11. #791
    Blistering Drive
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maple Bush
    Posts
    424

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by QU/UM View Post
    No word on the 2nd assistant? Is Mel waiting to see if Muckalt gets the Tech job?

    Doubtful he gets the Tech job. Heard the interview didn't go so well. Probably spin it as turning it down.
    "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

    óBrett Hull

  12. #792
    not particularly bad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yost ice arena
    Posts
    8,824

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by QU/UM View Post
    No word on the 2nd assistant? Is Mel waiting to see if Muckalt gets the Tech job?
    Maybe? Another possibility could be Mel wanting to bring one of the current assistants at Tech down here, and waiting to see if they get the job and/or stay on there with whomever the head coach will be.

    Pure speculation on my part, I've not heard anything to suggest this.

  13. #793
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,018

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    Maybe? Another possibility could be Mel wanting to bring one of the current assistants at Tech down here, and waiting to see if they get the job and/or stay on there with whomever the head coach will be.

    Pure speculation on my part, I've not heard anything to suggest this.
    He said in an interview that neither was coming with him...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  14. #794
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    He said in an interview that neither was coming with him...
    If circumstances have changed since that initial statement, Madden may have been a top choice, but it's possible that, this log after the end of his AHL season, they haven't been able to reach an agreement. And it's quite possible that Madden has decided moving from AHL head coach to college assistant is not a step forward, either financially or as a career step.

  15. #795
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,572

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    I probably shouldn't do this but remember when I characterized the UP as full of loaners and criminals? All the Techies blasted me and wanted to see proof. Well I've been sitting on an article which proves my point. I've been wrestling with it for days on if I should post it. Why not?

    http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...years_pri.html

    Cue responses about Kaczynski , etc...

    But guess what, Teddy completely snapped when he was living in a desolate compound. I still win. If/when Michigan becomes the elite of the elite again you can rest assured that Tech had a little to do with it. Mel got his training wheels there, first as a player, then grad assistant, then Head Coach (after Assisting as Michigan for 22 years). I'm sure that Tech will always hold a special place in Mel's heart, but fact of the matter is if you have the opportunity to be at Michigan of course you will go. There is also the speculation that Mel never wanted to leave the Assistant gig at Michigan to take the Head Coaching job at Tech but Coach Berenson strongly suggested it that way Mel could gain some experience for when he retired and Mel took over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    2016-17 Spartan Hockey
    Jerseys: 7 Wins: 7

  16. #796
    Registered User Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,245

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by UMICH View Post
    I probably shouldn't do this but remember when I characterized the UP as full of loaners and criminals? All the Techies blasted me and wanted to see proof. Well I've been sitting on an article which proves my point. I've been wrestling with it for days on if I should post it. Why not?

    http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...years_pri.html

    Cue responses about Kaczynski , etc...

    But guess what, Teddy completely snapped when he was living in a desolate compound. I still win. If/when Michigan becomes the elite of the elite again you can rest assured that Tech had a little to do with it. Mel got his training wheels there, first as a player, then grad assistant, then Head Coach (after Assisting as Michigan for 22 years). I'm sure that Tech will always hold a special place in Mel's heart, but fact of the matter is if you have the opportunity to be at Michigan of course you will go. There is also the speculation that Mel never wanted to leave the Assistant gig at Michigan to take the Head Coaching job at Tech but Coach Berenson strongly suggested it that way Mel could gain some experience for when he retired and Mel took over.
    Are you on Meth?
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX


    The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

    Quote Originally Posted by MN Pond Hockey View Post
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

    this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

  17. #797
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Soo, Mich
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by UMICH View Post
    I probably shouldn't do this but remember when I characterized the UP as full of loaners and criminals? All the Techies blasted me and wanted to see proof. Well I've been sitting on an article which proves my point. I've been wrestling with it for days on if I should post it. Why not?

    http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...years_pri.html

    Cue responses about Kaczynski , etc...

    But guess what, Teddy completely snapped when he was living in a desolate compound. I still win. If/when Michigan becomes the elite of the elite again you can rest assured that Tech had a little to do with it. Mel got his training wheels there, first as a player, then grad assistant, then Head Coach (after Assisting as Michigan for 22 years). I'm sure that Tech will always hold a special place in Mel's heart, but fact of the matter is if you have the opportunity to be at Michigan of course you will go. There is also the speculation that Mel never wanted to leave the Assistant gig at Michigan to take the Head Coaching job at Tech but Coach Berenson strongly suggested it that way Mel could gain some experience for when he retired and Mel took over.
    Shall we go through the list of decadent criminals from Trash-a-Ski Resort College? You're just another typical Michigan Fan. You represent your institution well

  18. #798
    Melvin K. Pearson
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    871

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by RapidsCity View Post
    Shall we go through the list of decadent criminals from Trash-a-Ski Resort College? You're just another typical Michigan Fan. You represent your institution well
    Trust me, that guy speaks for none of us Michigan fans on this site or in general.
    WELCOME BACK HOME, COACH PEARSON!!
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners
    75 All-Americans


    Wolverine Devotee, formerly of MGoBlog
    @UMichWD on Twitter

  19. #799
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,018

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    Trust me, that guy speaks for none of us Michigan fans on this site or in general.
    And yet you ducked in and out of our thread posting a link to the ticket brochure...great way to differentiate yourself from the tool.

  20. #800
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    28,958

    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    Trust me, that guy speaks for none of us Michigan fans on this site or in general.
    Au contraire he's the epitome of Puffy Chest University.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •