X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    Friends, it feels so good.

I can already see Michigan winning the B1G Tournament at Yost next season in front of a jam-packed Yost.
    JFYI the championship game will be played at Mariucci next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
      Yes, October 6th and 7th from what I've been told.
      Confirmed, though order hasn't been officially announced.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
        Oh I'm arrogant now simply because I knew something for a fact? I'm arrogant because I know that there isn't anything in da'UP? I'm arrogant because Mel kept his house in Saline for 6 YEARS? No, you and your Techie-buddies are just envious because no-one cares about you.
        Here's that scUM arrogance everyone knows and loathes.
        CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
          YEP! He is a EDINA Man! If it weren't for the great Willard Ikola this wouldn't be nearly possible. Congrats Mel and go Hornets!
          A "Cake Eater" in charge of The Ugly Helmets. I wonder if I watched him play at the State Tourney?
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
            A "Cake Eater" in charge of The Ugly Helmets. I wonder if I watched him play at the State Tourney?
            He LOST the state title with Edina East in 1977, his senior year, and I have no idea how things worked back then to know if he was a part of the 1974 team (would have been a freshman) that lost the final to Bemidji. I believe in 1977 his team beat Don Lucia and Grand Rapids in the semifinals?
            Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 04-25-2017, 12:14 PM.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
              If it weren't for the great Willard Ikola this wouldn't be nearly possible...
              So Mel qualifies by extension.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

The 1977 Hornets were 22-1 going into the 1977 championship game before over 17,000 fans, the largest crowd ever to attend a MN HS hockey game at the time. “Edina East Team May Be Best Ever” was the headline in the March 16, 1977 St. Paul Pioneer Press sports section.

Top line Gordy Hampson, Bret Bjerken and Mel Pearson accounted for 16 of the 26 goals the team scored in three section playoff blowouts. Each had more than 50 points. They beat Roseau 2-0, who had former Gophers Aaron and Neal Broten, and Butsy Erickson. And then beat Grand Rapids 6-5 in the semis of which defensiveman Don Lucia was captain. But the highly favored Edina East Hornets lost to the Rochester John Marshall Rockets 4-2 in the 1977 MN State HS Hockey championship game.

SOURCE: Vintage Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Coincidence that Pearson tweeted that same article from this thread how Ann Arbor is the greatest city in the universe and best city since Atlantis? Somebody reads USCHO...
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    Coincidence that Pearson tweeted that same article from this thread how Ann Arbor is the greatest city in the universe and best city since Atlantis? Somebody reads USCHO...
                    maybe Mel is UMICH?
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      maybe Mel is UMICH?
                      Well part of being a coach is being a politician and actor...so it's very plausible.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        maybe Mel is UMICH?
                        I don't get the impression Mel is a complete dooshnozzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          And is likely to know that Houghton Lake isn't anywhere near Tech's campus.

Comment

Hey Tech-tards....

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...r-Fulfills.php
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                              Okay Mel, now you're just being mean about this.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Met the guy once, was very pleasant, joked with us Gopher fans a bit. Saddened that "home" is NOT Tech,but rather is Michigan. Nature of the business.

I wish him well.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X