Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Looks like the wife and I will visit Ann Arbor when Tech plays Michigan. There's also a game at the Big House that weekend too. Super excited.

Is there a chance that series will be Fri-Sunday?
    Yeah! I hope to see you guys that weekend. If you have trouble finding football tickets let me know. If it is homecoming weekend, I know people that will be on the field, and thus their regular tickets may be available.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G
    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      Yeah! I hope to see you guys that weekend. If you have trouble finding football tickets let me know. If it is homecoming weekend, I know people that will be on the field, and thus their regular tickets may be available.
      I'm sure you will see us. We'll let you know if we can't find tickets. We're annoyed it's Homecoming weekend but this is a rare chance for an amazing sports weekend.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
        Since there's no Big 10 offseason thread, and the topic has come up in this thread, might as well discuss it here.

I see expectations being Minnesota winning the conference and Mich St. coming in 6th. After that, it gets murkier.

I'd probably put PSU/Wisco likely 4th and 5th in some order, and Mich/OSU likely 2nd and 3rd in some order. I kinda question giving that much respect to Michigan given just how much they have lost, but this is a program that has always been able to use the phrase "we don't rebuild, we reload." There's a reason why there's a running joke - if you don't know anything about Michigan in any given year, you can always just say "#1 recruiting class in the country." (obviously not always true, but they are always legitimately in the mix). It'll take more than just a stud freshman to get Michigan back to the NCAA Tournament, but a stud freshman and some improved defensive play will be enough to put them in the top-half of the Big 10.

We'll see. Nothing ever goes exactly as expected, but that's my take heading into 2016-2017.
        I agree with this assessment. I'm optimistic that the B10 will be much better in the non-conference portion; but, we'll see. Hopeful for at least 2 bids this year.

Have to give the nod to the Gophers pre-season, and Sparty looks to be a disaster as long as Anastos is there. I assume Michigan will re-load; but agree 2-5 looks up for grabs. Penn St lost a lot too, and Ohio St and Wisconsin should be much improved.

I think it will be an exciting and competitive season. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
          Why not Wisconsin? They return everyone plus new coaching staff that has defensive coaching background will make a difference. They were very young last year. Pretty sure they played Michigan tough each game; resulting in 2 ties and 2 close games.
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
            WMU lists the GLI this season as the 30th & 31st.
            UoM lists the GLI this season as the 29th and 30th.

Who's accurate?
            I honestly don't know, the Wings schedule has not been announced yet. However, the Wings ALWAYS play on New Years Eve at home. If that remains true (I see no reason for it not to) the WMU is out automatically by default. I'm willing to bet the UM is correct with the 29th/30th.

Michigan could be wrong I assume but come on, Wastern is a MAC school....
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              I honestly don't know, the Wings schedule has not been announced yet. However, the Wings ALWAYS play on New Years Eve at home. If that remains true (I see no reason for it not to) the WMU is out automatically by default. I'm willing to bet the UM is correct with the 29th/30th.

Michigan could be wrong I assume but come on, Wastern is a MAC school....
              The Wings are playing at Toronto on Jan 1 so they won't be playing the traditional NYE home game.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                The Wings are playing at Toronto on Jan 1 so they won't be playing the traditional NYE home game.
                You'd think not but Detroit and Toronto aren't that far apart. I still don't see them doing that as the NYE game is at night and a Jan. 1 game would be in the day (or afternoon).

Comment

the Jan 1 game is the big winter classic game, teams don't play that as the back end of back to back games....
                  Plus I remember last NYE that they mentioned that it would be the last NYE game at the Joe

12/31 is open at the Joe.

That being said, no one is spending NYE watching college hockey in person, a few hundred nut cases maybe, but not enough to justify having a game on that date given the alternate dates available

Comment

Michigan Hockey Alumni and member of Deker Hall of Fame passes- Joe Marmo 6-27-25 to 5-23-16 http://www.woodfuneralhome.com/memso...MkXpgNU.mailto

Joe was a good friend of mine, and was my Squirt coach when we moved to Idaho back in the 70s. I very much remember him wearing his M sweater when coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      Michigan Hockey Alumni and member of Deker Hall of Fame passes- Joe Marmo 6-27-25 to 5-23-16 http://www.woodfuneralhome.com/memso...MkXpgNU.mailto

Joe was a good friend of mine, and was my Squirt coach when we moved to Idaho back in the 70s. I very much remember him wearing his M sweater when coaching.
                      Don't know him but death is never easy. RIP.

Comment

When we will find out when they'll change the times for the Tech at Michigan series? I'm anxious to find out if it's Thursday-Friday or Friday or Sunday. It would suck to miss Sunday's game because we need to fly home.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Right now, it still says Friday Saturday.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...key-sched.html

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            Right now, it still says Friday Saturday.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...key-sched.html
                            I'd be shocked if they kept it that way.
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Prepare for shock and awe....

Comment

They have had Saturday night hockey after home football.
                                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G
                                7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                                6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                                5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                                5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                                2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                                X