Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    Mel Pearson is a terrible ice hockey coach and should by no means be considered by Michigan. Plus he's old as dirt and struggles with the English language.
    And he mumbles!
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      And he mumbles!
      Oh, good, sounds like you guys don't want him. I know a place where he will feel right at home behind the bench.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G
      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
      2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        Oh, good, sounds like you guys don't want him.
        Sarcasm continues to go over the heads of Michigan fans...
        No wonder my posts don't do well in this thread.
        Ryan
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          So by disagreeing, you are agreeing with my point that Red's major fault was how to deal with talent.

Thing is- we knew that a LONG time ago. Like with TJ Hensick, and how he and Jack Johnson split up the team back in '06-07.

Or before that- how to keep Al Montoya interested in the net.

None of this is new, but prior teams were able to better deal with it.
          Wasn't Mel a part of the staff for each of those examples?

Comment

is Pearson the consensus pick of Michigan fans? He might be a great coach but he's pushing 60. I would think Michigan should be able to attract a lot of younger hot shot coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
              or you could live in Ann Arbor and get Jolly Pumpkin brews straight from the source since they are brewed at the North Peak Brewery in Dexter. Please talk to me how Ohio State performed in any sport other than football.
              NCAA runner up in Wrestling
              NCAA runner up in Fencing
              Men's Volleyball going into the tournament ranked #2
              Lacrosse ranked in top 5

That's what I have off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                is Pearson the consensus pick of Michigan fans? He might be a great coach but he's pushing 60. I would think Michigan should be able to attract a lot of younger hot shot coaches.
                You'd think, right? Who wants a decrepit old codger like Mel wandering around the rink talking to himself?
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Not at all.

If he gets hired, I doubt you find anyone who has an issue with the hire. But I don't think everyone thinks he's the only choice. Crap- Mel is older now than Red was when he won both NC's.

Then again, Red lasted almost 20 years after that- which is longer than most other college coaches.

What I've read about Muckalt, I'd be quite happy with that, too.

Comment

Not at all.

If he gets hired, I doubt you find anyone who has an issue with the hire. But I don't think everyone thinks he's the only choice. Crap- Mel is older now than Red was when he won both NC's.

Then again, Red lasted almost 20 years after that- which is longer than most other college coaches.

What I've read about Muckalt, I'd be quite happy with that, too.
                    If Mel leaves for Michigan, Muckalt is at the top of my list. The only issue with Muckalt in my eyes is that his eyes on are the NHL so if the AHL or NHL comes calling, he'll be moving on. I don't blame him for that but that would be my only hesitation.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      If Mel leaves for Michigan, Muckalt is at the top of my list. The only issue with Muckalt in my eyes is that his eyes on are the NHL so if the AHL or NHL comes calling, he'll be moving on. I don't blame him for that but that would be my only hesitation.
                      Which would beg the question- if Bill is that good- is he in line for any of the other HC openings? UNO has some money for a coach, and the NCHC has already been a jump to the NHL for a coach.

We seem to be working inside a small building, but there are quite a few openings right now, and the only one that seems to be filled is at MSU- which should be filled this afternoon.

Comment

Which would beg the question- if Bill is that good- is he in line for any of the other HC openings? UNO has some money for a coach, and the NCHC has already been a jump to the NHL for a coach.We seem to be working inside a small building, but there are quite a few openings right now, and the only one that seems to be filled is at MSU- which should be filled this afternoon.
                        UNO has been filled, as well as RPI, and MSU, NMU by the weekend and does anyone think Monty is making a jump?

Comment

Doesn't look like there will be an opening at DU: https://t.co/EjPMiwFV4J
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Doesn't look like there will be an opening at DU: https://t.co/EjPMiwFV4J
                            Uh that article is from June

Comment

Uh that article is from June
                              pardon me for not trust Zig Fracassi's retweet.

Looks like USCHO had an issue updating some site stuff and it spit out an bunch of article links to older stuff including Monty's extension:
                              https://***********/USCHO/status/851844636956086272
                              Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 04-11-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

hacked by the Russians!

Comment

Working...
                                X