Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    I think we would seriously consider following them if they ever did that. Especially considering the timing of that possibility.
    I would be booking tickets the day the news came out. I've been to Alaska twice... Nearly the same timing for a Europe trip...
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Maybe Mel can take them hiking on Brockway Mountain or on an Isle Royals Cruise. Actually, if you have the resources, do it! Coach Harbaugh may push the envelope. But that's no different than Nick Saban or Urban Meyer has done to elevate their programs. If somehow Mel can tap into that stream., take the team to a Euro tourney or tour, it can only be good for the program.
      That is certainly a possibility. I think that it "could" happen but you've got to remember that the hockey program, self-sufficient as it is, DOES NOT make what the football program does. If/when Mel gets us back to consecutive Frozen Fours then maybe...
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
        I would be booking tickets the day the news came out. I've been to Alaska twice... Nearly the same timing for a Europe trip...
        I'd much rather go to Europe than Alaska.

Even if it was just Switzerland.

Comment

I've been to both, just the excuse to get to Alaska was hockey.
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
            Not even close in my field

Chemical Engineering.

At least we know about lead pipes.
            BTW, you're wrong according to this source.

http://colleges.startclass.com/d/o/Chemical-Engineering
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I've not been to Europe. I've been to Alaska twice, once to Fairbanks, once to Anchorage, both for hockey.

Maybe Michigan needs to get invited to the Friendship Four, so I'd have an excuse to visit Europe (and could convince some friends to go with me).
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                BTW, you're wrong according to this source.

http://colleges.startclass.com/d/o/Chemical-Engineering

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate...ering-rankings
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

And?

That doesn't disprove my statement...

Comment

And?

Your source has ranked colleges overall and then filtered out the ones that don't offer chemical engineering degrees. It's not a ranking of chemical engineering programs.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                      Your source has ranked colleges overall and then filtered out the ones that don't offer chemical engineering degrees. It's not a ranking of chemical engineering programs.
                      I've stopped trying to explain to the idiot why he's an idiot...it's pointless.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Lorenzo, at the original Cottage Inn Pizza on E. William, will be happy to have Mel back in town. Lorenzo told me back in 2011 that Mel used to bring the team in for pizza after practices...and I'm sure he will again...
                        Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 05-10-2017, 10:08 PM.
                        "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                        Abe Lincoln

Comment

And?

It proves you are dumb as a post.
                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Buffalo Sabres name Jason Botterill new General Manager. He's putting that U of M MBA to good use. Congratulations, Jason!

http://www.tsn.ca/sabres-name-botter...nager-1.748921
                            The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
                              Buffalo Sabres name Jason Botterill new General Manager. He's putting that U of M MBA to good use. Congratulations, Jason!

http://www.tsn.ca/sabres-name-botter...nager-1.748921
                              I was going to shoot you an e-mail about that- pretty cool. Someone to visit when the FF is in Buffalo.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                                Chemical engineering qualifies you to work at a gas station. Aim high Huskies....

Comment

Working...
                                X