Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    Who is CCT?

And Michigan never plays past the second week of December until the GLI.
    CCT= Colorado College Tigers maybe?
    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
    2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

CCT is what Clarkson was referred to as back in the day, Penn State just released their schedule and Penn St. is in Potsdam on Friday so Michigan will be in Canton on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        There has been one report that Brian Wiesman will stay as an assistant. This was reported from a tweet.. (not from me, so this is third hand).

And I saw a post that Mackult was up in Houghton recently.

No idea about long time assistant Billy Powers, nor Steve Shields (who I think is a volunteer).
        Ok, an update- the same source that says that Weisman is already on the staff says that Powers is moving on- with a perhaps on the US program in Plymouth.

Other names- Madden, Muckalt, Tamer, and Komisarek.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/co...aff/101332980/

Comment

• Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
          CCT= Colorado College Tigers maybe?
          Don't tease me like that. The feels if that series ever gets renewed.
          ---
          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
          19 Conference Championships
          10 Conference Tournament Championships
          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
            The Game will never be at 3:30 in Ann Arbor. Period. So forget that.

It's only been at 3:30 once before. 2006, not here.
            Tradition with the game is strong but so are TV networks. Money talks...
            Originally posted by alfablue
            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Ok, an update- the same source that says that Weisman is already on the staff says that Powers is moving on- with a perhaps on the US program in Plymouth.

Other names- Madden, Muckalt, Tamer, and Komisarek.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/co...aff/101332980/
              Question. Do you think that we'll find out on the 18th?
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                Question. Do you think that we'll find out on the 18th?
                Doubt it. Wrong party.

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                  CCT is what Clarkson was referred to as back in the day, Penn State just released their schedule and Penn St. is in Potsdam on Friday so Michigan will be in Canton on Friday.
                  Clarkson College of Technology.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                    Tradition with the game is strong but so are TV networks. Money talks...
                    "Money talks"

It wasn't at 3:30 this past season with the highest profile matchup in a decade that was a CFP play-in game. It's not ever going to be.
                    ---
                    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    19 Conference Championships
                    10 Conference Tournament Championships
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                      "Money talks"

It wasn't at 3:30 this past season with the highest profile matchup in a decade that was a CFP play-in game. It's not ever going to be.
                      The new TV contracts give far less power to the schools in deciding start times, hence you guys possibly having two night games this year. But, you're probably right, barring another 1 v 2 match-up I don't see them moving it from the noon slot.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Take this with a grain of salt. The same guy who told me about Cole being Michigan's head coach, before bleep hit the fan of course, told me today that Chris Chelios will be an Assistant at Michigan. Wiseman is coming back, but Powers is retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Maznblu View Post
                          I'm going to guess the answer to this is two (1996 and 1998). Which would be one more than you have.
                          Yes I was alive at that time but no I was not a Michigan fan at that time. I didn't become a fan until I went to school there.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                            Take this with a grain of salt. The same guy who told me about Cole being Michigan's head coach, before bleep hit the fan of course, told me today that Chris Chelios will be an Assistant at Michigan. Wiseman is coming back, but Powers is retiring.
                            The article pointed out that Wiseman is coming back and Powers is moving on, so your source read the Free Press.

One rumor for Powers was to move to Plymouth for the development program.

It's more likely that Chelios heads to East Lansing than here. So since your source penned Cole, seems like that is more likely.

Comment

The article pointed out that Wiseman is coming back and Powers is moving on, so your source read the Free Press.

It's more likely that Chelios heads to East Lansing than here. So since your source penned Cole, seems like that is more likely.
                              Thought the MSU staff was set with Luongo and Exter?
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Yea I remembered that I saw the Wiseman staying put thing here thanks to you. I called him out on the Chelios thing by saying that his son (or sons even) went to sparty. He replied, "So, Chelios went to Wisconsin." I simply "Touche, but I still don't see it happening." He mentioned another name that I had never heard of but he assumed that I knew who it was. I guess that he doesn't realize that I only started following Michigan Hockey in 2002.

Remember, I relayed that information after telling you to take it with a grain of salt. I seriously don't believe him. He isn't my source, who is typically really accurate, but he is in that "group".

Comment

Working...
                                X