Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
    That you're an utter moron?
    Bose, now should apologize to all utter morons for comparing them to weasel boy.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      That you didn't apply.
      I wouldn't want to live in the middle of nowhere, oh yea, that and I'm not qualified...
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
        That you're an utter moron?
        Congratulations you used the correct form of you're. Your idiot brethren Shirtless didn't.
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
          The right coach has an immediate impact. And even though people talk about a coach "needing to get his recruits in place" all the time, I call BS on that notion. You will know whether or not hiring Mel was a home run by early in his second season. My guess? That ball is probably going a long way.
          I feel like with Mel having worked for years recruiting under Red that most of the Michigan recruits and current players are going to match up with the types of guys Mel may have recruited for himself. Shouldn't be as much of an issue as it would normally be with someone taking over the program.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

A couple of future Wolverines set themselves apart at the 2017 World Selects Invite, featuring top '02s from around the world:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...nges-2002s-wsi
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
              A couple of future Wolverines set themselves apart at the 2017 World Selects Invite, featuring top '02s from around the world:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...nges-2002s-wsi
              Thanks.

Comment

No word on the 2nd assistant? Is Mel waiting to see if Muckalt gets the Tech job?
                Let's Go Bobcats!
                Go Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by QU/UM View Post
                  No word on the 2nd assistant? Is Mel waiting to see if Muckalt gets the Tech job?
                  One scribe is suggesting we will hear next week.

Comment

If there wasn't any official word on Powers being gone, I found the job listing for assistant hockey coach on the umich careers page.
                    ---
                    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    19 Conference Championships
                    10 Conference Tournament Championships
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

I've heard the same thing from a somewhat unreliable source that alfa listed previously. There's no news as far as I know (but keep in mind that I'm not as well connected as I used to be).

Comment

Doubtful he gets the Tech job. Heard the interview didn't go so well. Probably spin it as turning it down.
                        "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Maybe? Another possibility could be Mel wanting to bring one of the current assistants at Tech down here, and waiting to see if they get the job and/or stay on there with whomever the head coach will be.

Pure speculation on my part, I've not heard anything to suggest this.
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            Maybe? Another possibility could be Mel wanting to bring one of the current assistants at Tech down here, and waiting to see if they get the job and/or stay on there with whomever the head coach will be.

Pure speculation on my part, I've not heard anything to suggest this.
                            He said in an interview that neither was coming with him...
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              He said in an interview that neither was coming with him...
                              If circumstances have changed since that initial statement, Madden may have been a top choice, but it's possible that, this log after the end of his AHL season, they haven't been able to reach an agreement. And it's quite possible that Madden has decided moving from AHL head coach to college assistant is not a step forward, either financially or as a career step.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I probably shouldn't do this but remember when I characterized the UP as full of loaners and criminals? All the Techies blasted me and wanted to see proof. Well I've been sitting on an article which proves my point. I've been wrestling with it for days on if I should post it. Why not?

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...years_pri.html

Cue responses about Kaczynski , etc...

But guess what, Teddy completely snapped when he was living in a desolate compound. I still win. If/when Michigan becomes the elite of the elite again you can rest assured that Tech had a little to do with it. Mel got his training wheels there, first as a player, then grad assistant, then Head Coach (after Assisting as Michigan for 22 years). I'm sure that Tech will always hold a special place in Mel's heart, but fact of the matter is if you have the opportunity to be at Michigan of course you will go. There is also the speculation that Mel never wanted to leave the Assistant gig at Michigan to take the Head Coaching job at Tech but Coach Berenson strongly suggested it that way Mel could gain some experience for when he retired and Mel took over.

Comment

Working...
                                X