Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
    Well, Mel is going to love the Hughes brothers, Michigan is going to be scary good here soon, the B1G coaching changes have really benefited that conference big time. I'm excited to see Michigan come out east to take on Clarkson, any Michigan fans making the trip? You think Houghton is in the middle of nowhere? Come on up to Potsdam and you'll know where the middle of nowhere is haha, best of luck to Michigan and to Mel.
    If Michigan goes out there I'll definitely make the trip. Is that announced? I've been wanting to get to Clarkson and St. Lawrence. I have at least one friend that will make the trip with me. Oh, and no worries about the middle of nowhere....I've been to Bemidji.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Spath-

Ran into Mel Pearson at lunch. He looks like he has a lot of energy. Obviously is excited. Introductory press conference is at 2:00
      ---
      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
      19 Conference Championships
      10 Conference Tournament Championships
      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        That bar in Houghton Lake.
        Lol!
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Watched the presser- said all of the right things. Mel seems quite excited about coming back.

Post ending- it was interesting to see a few Dekers who apparently could take a few hours off to see the press conference live. I know I would have liked to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            I'm convinced that Mel left because of his relationship with Red and Warde, not necessarily Michigan. I'm sure it was very difficult for him to say no to his mentor when asked to be the person to succeed him.
            That's not necessarily true. Mel knows that his success quotient is high at Michigan, too. I think it goes hand and hand with the backpedaling going on about Mel not leaving MTU because he is an Alum, etc and that he would never leave.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              If Michigan goes out there I'll definitely make the trip. Is that announced? I've been wanting to get to Clarkson and St. Lawrence. I have at least one friend that will make the trip with me. Oh, and no worries about the middle of nowhere....I've been to Bemidji.
              Yes, October 6th and 7th from what I've been told.

Comment

Well, as a MTU fan I am sad to see Mel leave, but I can't say I am surprised. I believe at MTU he gave us the chance to be a national contender and I hope the university continues to commit to keeping us at or near the top of the WCHA. At Michigan, we will all get to see if Mel is the coach I believe him to be. I believed at MTU he could win a NCAA title and now that he has moved on to U of M he has all the resources and the 5-star prospects he will need to win a NCAA title. You don't take the U of M with expectations of anything lower than a NCAA title. I wish him the best and he did everything he could for MTU at his time here as HC and I heartily thank him for that. He left the program in a much better spot than when he received it. Good Luck at U of M Mel and I hope we get to play and beat you in the NCAA tourney !!!

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                  Hmm....will I be able to convince the husband to spend his birthday on a hockey trip to the middle of nowhere with me?
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    Watched the presser- said all of the right things. Mel seems quite excited about coming back.

Post ending- it was interesting to see a few Dekers who apparently could take a few hours off to see the press conference live. I know I would have liked to be there.
                    My wife went down. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend. I still need to teach my classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                      Ugh. Opening the season on the road?
                      ---
                      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                      19 Conference Championships
                      10 Conference Tournament Championships
                      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
                        My wife went down. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend. I still need to teach my classes.
                        Cool!

What's her take on the energy in the room? The player I know mentioned that Mel had a lot of energy in the team meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                          Mel is NOT a Michigan Man.
                          YEP! He is a EDINA Man! If it weren't for the great Willard Ikola this wouldn't be nearly possible. Congrats Mel and go Hornets!
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                            YEP! He is a EDINA Man! If it weren't for the great Willard Ikola this wouldn't be nearly possible. Congrats Mel and go Hornets!
                            Edina East
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              Edina East
                              But came there from Flin Flon to play hockey!
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                Edina East
                                And born in Vancouver.

Comment

Working...
                                X