Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    If you go to the Jolly Pumpkin website, you'll see there is no location north of Traverse City. Now if you google "Jolly Pumpkin Houghton," you'll find the Old Mission Pub in HOUGHTON LAKE, which serves Jolly Pumpkin brews. It's only 377 miles from the Michigan Tech campus. Just like your sports teams, you've got yourself overrated too.
    or you could live in Ann Arbor and get Jolly Pumpkin brews straight from the source since they are brewed at the North Peak Brewery in Dexter. Please talk to me how Ohio State performed in any sport other than football.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
      Please talk to me how Ohio State performed in any sport other than football.
      OSU seems legit in lacrosse, fwiw.
      Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Red Berensen

tick tick tick tick

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2017/4/10/...n-hockey-coach

Comment

• Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post

4:30 press conference.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...041017aaa.html

Danton Cole bidding war?
            Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 04-10-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              Could be.

Comment

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ires-After.php

Comment

...and then after Michigan hires someone other than Pearson to replace Red, all the Michigan fans will hop on message boards stating how Pearson just really wasn't good enough, not what the team needs, wasn't up to the job, can't rebuild a program, etc.

Ryan J
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    ...and then after Michigan hires someone other than Pearson to replace Red, all the Michigan fans will hop on message boards stating how Pearson just really wasn't good enough, not what the team needs, wasn't up to the job, can't rebuild a program, etc.

Ryan J
                    Go screw yourself.

Comment

Well, Red is retiring. Now we wait to see who the next coach will be.

A little catch up responses to earlier posts:

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                      I know, and it's a shame. I'd like to see MI beat the snot out of the likes of U MN every year, but it's become the place where the best talent of the Ann Arbor national team goes to die. I think they need to find an energetic young coach to turn things around, or they're not going to have their pick of recruits any more. Why would a kid who's been told all his life that he's the best human athlete in the world, want to play in a place where they're losing games to supposedly less deserving players and teams? It's wasted time and talent. If the program was really the pinnacle of greatness as claimed, with the talent they have access to, they'd never lose a single game.
                      Michigan finished 25-8-5 in the 2015-2016 season, with a conference tourney title and 1 win shy of a frozen four appearance. Not exactly shambles that season. They lost the top line and top defensive pair early after that season. 2016-2017 was going to be a rebuilding year.
                      Top talent (USNTDP guys) come in and play for a year or two then go pro. You want to recruit the top guys, but you then have to play a guessing game as to how many spots you'll have to recruit for each year, not knowing who will leave early.

It's simple.

Mel wanted Michigan. Michigan didn't want Mel. He moved on.

Tech wanted Mel. Then wanted Mel again. Then wanted Mel a third time. He went.

Is there another part to the first one? That's what we will find out.
                      The other part to the first one is that there wasn't an open head coaching position at Michigan.

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                      Michigan hockey schedules like their football team- all home games. Scared to come to Houghton. The pep band should have played the chicken dance for them last time. "Leaders and Best". LOL.
                      Not scared, just not profitable. As much as I hate it (I love to go on away trips to new rinks following my team), Michigan hockey does schedule like football....mostly home games. Money is the reason. Much more revenue to be made at home.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G
                      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                      2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

Ryan J
                        I'm not sure why you care so much what Michigan fans think.

Other than my dad going to Tech, I really don't care what Tech fans think.... Not worth the effort.

I know one or two UM fans like to get into people's faces, but they are only the "norm" because you want to project something on the rest of us.

Mel's a great guy, and I only hope for the best for him. Wherever that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          Well, Red is retiring. Now we wait to see who the next coach will be.

A little catch up responses to earlier posts:

Michigan finished 25-8-5 in the 2015-2016 season, with a conference tourney title and 1 win shy of a frozen four appearance. Not exactly shambles that season. They lost the top line and top defensive pair early after that season. 2016-2017 was going to be a rebuilding year.
                          Top talent (USNTDP guys) come in and play for a year or two then go pro. You want to recruit the top guys, but you then have to play a guessing game as to how many spots you'll have to recruit for each year, not knowing who will leave early.

The other part to the first one is that there wasn't an open head coaching position at Michigan.

Not scared, just not profitable. As much as I hate it (I love to go on away trips to new rinks following my team), Michigan hockey does schedule like football....mostly home games. Money is the reason. Much more revenue to be made at home.
                          You seem way too calm for a Michigan fan. What happened to the all-caps screamer? He was more fun.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                            Go screw yourself.
                            So it is true... Michigan fans will read anything you put on the teleprompter.

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Nope. Cole hired by MSU http://www.freep.com/story/sports/co...key/100282994/
                              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G
                              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                              2 Alaskan

Comment

He's very young but Michigan doesn't have to look far south to find one of the top young college coaches in the game in Adam Krug at Adrian....
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X