Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    I am fully aware that the frat boy destroyed a challis at Boyne Highlands which is in Harbor Springs located in the lower peninsula. The deal is that there isn't much up there, more than in the UP but still not a lot. It's "kinda" the same thing. I never stated that the resort was in the UP, just that it was in a less populated area like the UP (although definitely more populated).

The Danton Cole thing was bad. I took that from a source where I typically get information from but I actually never heard anything from that particular individual. From the sounds of it it actually may have happened until 2 things happened: 1.) the sparty job opening up, and 2.) countless UM hockey alumni calling AD Manuel and saying that they wanted Mel. Regardless I won't take anything that I hear from that individual and run with it in the future. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Mel wasn't a leap by any means, I only got on the Mel train after 2 things happened (1.) Cole went to sparty and 2.) a reputable source told me that Mel was coming). I've said this multiple times over the years, I didn't think that Mel would come back to Michigan after he got Tech up and running. Therefore I was on the Techie's side for the majority of time (wow that pains me to say).

I really don't have anything against the UP. It's just the Techie crap about how awesome it is offends me. They kept saying that it was so great the Mel would never leave. Even when I was on their side about Mel not leaving I didn't believe that. If it is so awesome for everyone there would b more people, businesses, money, etc. up there. Well there is some money up there BUT NOWHERE TO SPEND IT.
    Did you forget the destruction and rich daddy coverup at Treetops in Gaylord around the same time? What happened there made Boyne look like the mess after a 7 year old Birthday Party.

Now, one of the things that makes the UP better than Ann Arbor...Ann Arbor has you.
    Last edited by RapidsCity; 05-22-2017, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
      Did you forget the destruction and rich daddy coverup at Treetops in Gaylord around the same time? What happened there made Boyne look like the mess after a 7 year old Birthday Party.

Now, one of the things that makes the UP better than Ann Arbor...Ann Arbor has you.
      You're reading comprehension is lacking severely. I have stated that I condemn that behavior, not that they care. Use your words, you can do it....

And no I technically do not live in Ann Arbor.
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
        Clearly you've never been up there if that is the sum of your insight.

Sorry you couldn't afford the toll.
        I've been there a couple of times, none too recently though. I don't particularly enjoy it. I acknowledge that some do, oh well. However not that it matters I seem to be in the majority of else more people would live there. That is after all what we were talking about. The FACT that Mel would rather live in Ann Arbor (Saline) than Houghton. The University of Michigan also has ridiculous resources, etc. It was a no brainer really.
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Just stop, then.

All you do is dig your hole deeper. That's it. Nothing really else than that. And you are taking the rest of us down with you. So just stop.

The UP is a great place, the fact that you don't want to find out about it does not change that. And I'll not suggest that you go, either- pointless.

Your source of info needs help, BTW. Some knew it would be Mel a long time ago. And it wasn't me.
          I never said anything that wasn't true. It was the Techies that were living in some denial and who insulted myself as well as The University of Michigan. THAT'S when I brought out the desolate, loaner, serial killer type that lived in the UP.

The UP is full of nothing. How much is there to know about? It has nature, whoopee. That's fine if that's your thing but in this day and age people enjoy electricity.

Like you said, people "knew" Mel would come back right after he left. I never claimed to be all-knowing or anything. I'll agree, my source isn't perfect, that's never been in denial. However it is correct about 80% of the time. You probably even know my source, it's no big deal really.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            I've been there a couple of times, none too recently though. I don't particularly enjoy it. I acknowledge that some do, oh well. However not that it matters I seem to be in the majority of else more people would live there. That is after all what we were talking about. The FACT that Mel would rather live in Ann Arbor (Saline) than Houghton. The University of Michigan also has ridiculous resources, etc. It was a no brainer really.
            Ann Arbor does have a lovely Banana Republic, I hope you and Mel get some on point pastels this coming season. Maybe a romper or two.
            In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              I never said anything that wasn't true.
              Dude, give me a break. You just said another, which was a whopper.

Give this thread a break and find someplace else to post your crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
                Ann Arbor does have a lovely Banana Republic, I hope you and Mel get some on point pastels this coming season. Maybe a romper or two.
                Typical irrational sports fan, person leaves your favorite team so you slam them with derogatory comments.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Dude, give me a break. You just said another, which was a whopper.

Give this thread a break and find someplace else to post your crap.
                  Prove it to me....

Comment

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to alfablue again."

Also, UMICH, why do you have to post each response individually?
                    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                      "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to alfablue again."

Also, UMICH, why do you have to post each response individually?
                      Gee, there must be a reason.

Comment

Despite elevated tensions here I'd like to wish everyone a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.

Comment

Despite elevated tensions here I'd like to wish everyone a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.
                          You're the one who is starting it. You're not making anyone look good here.

****shows like this is what got you banned from mgoblog.
                          ---
                          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                          19 Conference Championships
                          10 Conference Tournament Championships
                          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Bill Muckalt will Complete Mel Pearson's staff
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                              You're the one who is starting it. You're not making anyone look good here.

****shows like this is what got you banned from mgoblog.
                              Uh, I'm not banned from mgoblog. In fact I've only went to that site less than 10 times in my life. MGoblog is more football oriented and while I of course love Michigan football I do not consider myself knowledgeable about the team. There are many, many others around who know more than I. That IS NOT to say that I know more than anyone here about Michigan hockey. I'm just fortunate to hear things about it.

Comment

Uh, I'm not banned from mgoblog. In fact I've only went to that site less than 10 times in my life. MGoblog is more football oriented and while I of course love Michigan football I do not consider myself knowledgeable about the team. There are many, many others around who know more than I. That IS NOT to say that I know more than anyone here about Michigan hockey. I'm just fortunate to hear things about it.

My bad, you have a -2 million points.

http://mgoblog.com/users/doc-brown
                                ---
                                National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                                Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                                19 Conference Championships
                                10 Conference Tournament Championships
                                2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X