Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Yes but all the coaches will be down in Florida starting Thursday, and interviews might be held there, but I'm guessing it will be the 10 days after they get back. Then they will either decide or have another round. My guess is the 10th of May we will hear something.
    And RC, you need to proofread better.
    There could be some very interesting dynamics in Naples. Mel (and others) interviewing with UM, Tech exploring potential replacements for Mel...
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      Has to be posted a week before they can fill the position, not officially start the process.
      Thanks for the clarification.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
        Sorry but I'm not as dumb as you.
        suuuure!
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Mel Pearson come on down
          ---
          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
          19 Conference Championships
          10 Conference Tournament Championships
          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

You guys should start a new thread for Michigan hockey coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              You guys should start a new thread for Michigan hockey coach.
              Other than Tech fans, not enough traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                and its no longer valid.
                How long do we really expect all of this to take?
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  and its no longer valid.
                  Yup. Posted for the 7 days mandated. Legal obligation fulfilled.

Unsure how long this will take. It's not as if Red's retirement came as a total shock. I'd like to think they've been working on the contingency plan for awhile.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G
                  7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                  6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                  5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                  5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                  2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                  2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    and its no longer valid.
                    Dang. I was on travel most of the week and didn't get my application in.

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Undertow View Post
                      Speaking as someone who has a significant dislike of BC hockey born in no small part due to the behavior of eaglebunny / chris!!!! back in the golden days of this board, I have to say that I find UMICH (or is it UMICH!!!!! ?) an annoying presence on this thread. Alas, most of us Michigan fans are a lot less annoying. The circle of troll, I guess.
                      Because I know things? I simply relay my findings here and then the Techards blowup the thread with their shenanigans and buffoonery.
                      Originally posted by alfablue
                      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                        Ok, I'll type this slow because I know you don't read too fast. If Tech loses a great coach, that will weaken their program. Their are two biggest rivals are the other two schools from Upper Michigan, NMU and LSSU. throw Melvin a big welcome to Ann Arbor, the Huntsville of the Big 10.
                        Oh the irony of this post. Thanks for PROVING my point....
                        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          You have to use analogies that UMICH will understand. Clearly, he doesn't know much about the U.P. teams.
                          UMICH, it's like having Anastos at State. They have a crappy coach, it's good for Michigan (if you like having a chance to beat your rival, not if you'd rather watch good hockey being played). So while Tech has Mel, NMU and LSSU have less of a chance to beat Tech.

Anyway, for being so sure that Mel is going to stay, there are a lot of posts from Tech fans in this thread.
                          Your analogy doesn't fly. sparty beat us twice this year...

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                            Because I know things? I simply relay my findings here and then the Techards blowup the thread with their shenanigans and buffoonery.
                            There's knowing things. And there's being an a&$ about it.

It's the latter that most have issues about it. Should not have to point that out, but in your crap to Tech fans, you laid into my family too.

Info is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              There's knowing things. And there's being an a&$ about it.

It's the latter that most have issues about it. Should not have to point that out, but in your crap to Tech fans, you laid into my family too.

Info is enough.
                              I'm sure he is a nice guy away from the boards. I'd buy him a beer after this is all over. Same for Donald. And I don't think anyone, Tech fan or not is taking offense.... Well except maybe BB.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I'm sure he is a nice guy away from the boards. I'd buy him a beer after this is all over. Same for Donald. And I don't think anyone, Tech fan or not is taking offense.... Well except maybe BB.
                                Maybe, I've not met him.

But some of the lack of info crap about yoopers is a little much. I'm ****ed proud to be a son of a yooper and Tech grad. So..

Comment

Working...
                                X