Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Summer Olympics - Ready or not, here we come!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Summer Olympics - Ready or not, here we come!!

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Michael Phelps, see you in Tokyo.......as a swimming analyst. No way NBC doesn't sign him to a long term contract. Or at least try.
    I think he'll try out, but depending on the tryouts, he'll retire if he is not doing well. He will leave his legacy untarnished, so to speak. Go out on top.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      It might be boring to you, but when Usain Bolt announces in Berlin that he is going to work out for free at such and such an arena and 50,000 people show up simply to watch a workout, well maybe others don't quite agree. Yesterday for the preliminary heats of the 100 there were 45,000 in the stands, and after Bolt's heat there were 4000.

For me it's the most exciting 10 seconds in sports, and there is a lot going on in that 10 seconds.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...vent-right-way
      If you've never seen a video of one of Bolts workouts, you should google it up.

I'd say the two best olympic events are the 100 and the mile.
      Pass. Running is boring.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yeah, but skeet shooting...

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Pass. Running is boring.
          Try watching the 4x1 or the 4x4 relay if you think running is boring.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Ryan Lochte and his mother say Lochte and and two other swimmers were robbed at gunpoint last night. IOC & USOC deny it.
            So a game of to tell the truth unfolding...this'll be fun.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              Ryan Lochte and his mother say Lochte and and two other swimmers were robbed at gunpoint last night. IOC & USOC deny it.
              They need to bribe the IOC to get an acknowledgement.
              Last edited by Greyeagle; 08-14-2016, 12:29 PM.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                NBC says they wuz robbed!
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                  They need to bribe the IOC to get an acknowledgement.
                  USOC now confirming it. Says the robbers posed as cops.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

These Olympics are going to go down like the Edsel - entering the lexicon for "synonymous with failure".

Sochi couldn't be happier.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      These Olympics are going to go down like the Edsel - entering the lexicon for "synonymous with failure".

I had this conversation with my dad yesterday....

Are these Olympics really that bad? The housing issues seem to have been ironed out. Yes, there was a robbery last night, but not an everyday occurrence prior. And the next biggest blunder is a green swimming pool. In the grand scheme of things, not the total failure projected 12 days ago....
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Are these Olympics really that bad? The housing issues seem to have been ironed out. Yes, there was a robbery last night, but not an everyday occurrence prior. And the next biggest blunder is a green swimming pool. In the grand scheme of things, not the total failure projected 12 days ago....
                        Still need the Kraken to come out of the lagoon.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Firstly, the housing situation was really bad. Have you seen some of what the various nations' athletes have put out there about their living conditions? Their apartments have been missing sinks, and a guy was turning on his shower by turning on the sink.

A bridge that extended over the ocean, planned as part of the bicycling events' routes, collapsed. They failed to complete all the necessary mass transit projects. Insufficient security was a known issue going into the games. What all has to go wrong before Rio gets called out for its failures?
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Except that the athletics is really entertaining. Other than the water, the facilities are great.

Poverty does manage to bring the worst out in people.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Firstly, the housing situation was really bad. Have you seen some of what the various nations' athletes have put out there about their living conditions? Their apartments have been missing sinks, and a guy was turning on his shower by turning on the sink.

A bridge that extended over the ocean, planned as part of the bicycling events' routes, collapsed. They failed to complete all the necessary mass transit projects. Insufficient security was a known issue going into the games. What all has to go wrong before Rio gets called out for its failures?
                              Even with that, the revised cycling route was really great. Very challenging from a technical standpoint, hilly in some places, fast in others. Made for lots of drama both for the women and the men.

This hasn't sucked nearly as much as you would suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                Even with that, the revised cycling route was really great. Very challenging from a technical standpoint, hilly in some places, fast in others. Made for lots of drama both for the women and the men.

This hasn't sucked nearly as much as you would suggest.
                                Two people died and three others were injured due to this Olympics - due to Rio's inability to find honest and/or capable contractors to build the cycling bridge. How is that not bad enough? Screw the level of competition and its difficulty -- people died due to Rio's failures!
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X