This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror 8 - Winter is Coming

I'm a little surprised we haven't already started a thread, "Days Since Last Mass Vehicle Attack."
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Sounds like a mental health issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Oh come now, everyone knows we have to blame the car.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          Nah he isnt white so it is terrorism.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Nah he isnt white so it is terrorism.
            Or when you leave a note
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
              I was watching CNN this afternoon and my god, the reporters are idiots.
              My favorite was when they said the suspect (who they have on tape, who admits what he did) jumped out of his truck and shouted ...

"God is great!" ... in Arabic ...

Claiming he shouted "God is great" makes it sound like some sort of Presbyterian gone mad.

Uh.
              Folks.
              He shouted "Allahu Akbar."
              Just say it.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                ... like some sort of Presbyterian gone mad.
                I hang a batting practice breaking ball like that and Kep hasn't hacked at it yet. Disappointing.
                And Handy, Handy too. Good grief; that should be in the Target Field RF porch already.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

My favorite was when they said the suspect (who they have on tape, who admits what he did) jumped out of his truck and shouted ...

Claiming he shouted "God is great" makes it sound like some sort of Presbyterian gone mad.

Uh.
                  Folks.
                  Just say it.
                  You realize they mean the same thing, right?

Or do you think "yeah, but ONLY DUH TERRACES USE TEH ARABEEK!!!!"

Jesus F-ck. 1.5 billion f-cking people are Muslim.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Happy?
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Uh.
                      Folks.
                      Just say it.
                      Which, translated from Arabic to English, is "God is Great."

I somehow doubt you were that pedantic when Ricky Martin was still living the crazy life: "No he's not, he's living La Vida Loca!"

Comment

Uh.
                        Folks.
                        Just say it.
                        Yeah, not a Trump voter.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Which, translated from Arabic to English, is "God is Great."

I somehow doubt you were that pedantic when Ricky Martin was still living the crazy life: "No he's not, he's living La Vida Loca!"
                          I know what Allahu Akbar means in Arabic (God is great!) and English (Duck! Crazy dude about to do something really stupid and bad.)

If I walk into a room and shout "God is great!" you wondering who the loud evangelist is.
                          If I walk into a room and shout "Allahu Akbar!", even me as a white guy yelling it, admit it, you're ducking for cover.

Ricky wasn't quoting; he was singing a song.

Alternatively, CNN was obfuscating what occurred.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Translating now = "obfuscating what occurred". Never mind that every story I've read clearly stated he uttered, "Allahu Akbar" which in Arabic means... The Great Obfuscator here is you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Happy?
                              Haven't seen him around here in a while. Miss him?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Translating now = "obfuscating what occurred". Never mind that every story I've read clearly stated he uttered, "Allahu Akbar" which in Arabic means... The Great Obfuscator here is you.
                                You've read; CNN did what they did.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X