X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror 8 - Winter is Coming

Oh, my, a two-fer!

A knife-wielding clown wearing big floppy shoes chased a teenager through an Upper East Side subway station Wednesday, authorities said.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

As I posted in the other thread:

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Stolen from Twitter:

"Clowns terrorizing the streets, a real life billionaire running for president. We need you Batman!"

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        It is a Chinese conspiracy
        It's pronounced Jina

Comment

The anti-Russian conspiracy

http://theduran.com/heres-how-the-we...s-destruction/
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Wow, that site is a goldmine. :

Angela Merkel pledges allegiance to Al-Qaeda and ISIS

John McCain desperately wants to help his ISIS friends, calls on U.S. to attack Syria and go to war with Russia

Hillary Clinton strategist says “kill” Julian Assange, because “a dead man can’t leak stuff”

UN humanitarian convoy strike was “a well-prepared hoax”

Imagine if Russia had a less moderate leader than Vladimir Putin

Here’s why Donald Trump’s defamation proposals actually protect free speech

NSA whistleblower says DNC hack was not done by Russia, but by U.S. intelligence

Why I support Donald Trump for President of the United States
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I have sympathy towards this view, but I don't think leaving the field to the Russians and the Islamists is being a good global citizen. The US has the capacity to be a force for stability and a measure of justice in the world without pretending that everybody wants to be Fresno. Even leaving aside moral considerations, I don't think it's in our national interest for instance to completely disengage in Syria and let Assad, Putin, and al-Baghdadi drive millions more refugees west to destabilize Europe.
              Then we can at least stop funding them, for crying out loud. Heck, this has been happening since the USSR invaded Afghanistan... Every single administration, including Reagan, is responsible for this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Then we can at least stop funding them, for crying out loud. Heck, this has been happening since the USSR invaded Afghanistan... Every single administration, including Reagan, is responsible for this mess.
                But you have to somehow silence or at least subdue the fear-mongers, and that is a difficult task as long as the strategy works.

Comment

Today is V. V. Putin's 64th birthday. What country is his present?

Just make him Tsar and get it over with!!

Possibly a coincidence it is also the Anniversary of the Battle of Lepanto (1571) where the forces of Christendom defeated the Ottoman Empire.
                  Last edited by joecct; 10-07-2016, 10:37 AM.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It was only a matter of time before old school (IED) met new school (drone).

http://www.popsci.com/booby-trapped-...ench-commandos
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      It was only a matter of time before old school (IED) met new school (drone).

http://www.popsci.com/booby-trapped-...ench-commandos
                      We spend $100 million per AH-64 Apache, they spend $100 per drone. Advantage: Boeing
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Three Somali Clinton Supporters Charged with Terrorist Plot

Oh wait...

Comment

• So nothing about the terrorist fire bombing in North Carolina?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            So nothing about the terrorist fire bombing in North Carolina?
                            You mean the Trump Office? That was covered in the campaign thread as was the fact that Democrats raised $10k in 40 minutes for repairs.

But yeah sure...nothing
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Listening to Col. David Hunt on Howie Carr on way home, he says there are 6000 or so US troops in Iraq right now. When did that happen?
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Listening to Col. David Hunt on Howie Carr on way home, he says there are 6000 or so US troops in Iraq right now. When did that happen?
                                About a year ago, due to the ISIS conflict. Mostly, US forces are supposed to act as advisors and trainers for Iraqi forces.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X