This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror 8 - Winter is Coming

Why do I have to read about this in the British "press"?
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/180908...-were-muslims/

Press is in quotes above because some don't like The UK Sun.

A Twin Cities source:
    http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/0...lls-encounter/
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

He was shot by an off duty cop. Stop conflating someone with extensive training in firearms to your local wannabe Rambo.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        Dude stabs 9 in a mall in .... St. Cloud, MN ... and is stopped (dead) by armed man carrying concealed*.

The stabber reportedly asked one victim if they were "Muslim". (One report says it was a kitchen knife.)

The now-dead stabber previously lived in Fargo.

http://www.inforum.com/news/crime/41...ly-lived-fargo

But I'm sure this is just all to sell the St. Cloud and Fargo fishwrappers too.

*Full disclosure - off duty Avon, MN, police officer.
        Conversely, he didn't have a gun and only injured 9, killing none. I can only imagine the casualties if he had procured a firearm instead.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          But I was told this isn't a big deal. It's just to sell newspapers.
          You should know better than to listen to priceless version 119. The guy is a certified ****ing dip****.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Conversely, he didn't have a gun and only injured 9, killing none. I can only imagine the casualties if he had procured a firearm instead.
            Yawn....
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Yawn....
              Glad to see your contributions to this conversation are as meaningful as ever.

Comment

He was shot by an off duty cop. Stop conflating someone with extensive training in firearms to your local wannabe Rambo.
                Ah yes, the myth of "extensive training".

By the time an average police recruit completes typical academy firearms training, how much more skilled in shooting is he than a person who has never shot or even held a handgun before? Not much, according to a first-of-its-kind study by the Force Science Institute that is set for publication in an international law enforcement journal . . .

“[T]his study’s results indicate an alarming need for improved firearms training for officers,” writes lead researcher Dr. Bill Lewinski, FSI’s executive director. After finishing academy instruction and practice, new officers “were a mere 13%” more accurate than novices in shooting at distances where a high proportion of officer-involved shootings occur.
                More interesting?

The discussion was prompted by the fact that during the latest round of FBI suspect interviews conducted for the third book in the Officer Assaulted and Murdered trilogy (“Violent Encounters”), it was revealed that those suspects believed that police officers trained between two and three times a week with their firearms. In reality, most police departments only train about two times a year, averaging less than 15 hours annually. In contrast to our frequency of training, those same suspects revealed that they practiced on average 23 times a year (or almost twice a month) with their handguns.

During a poll taken during this class which represented about a half dozen Florida law enforcement agencies, I asked how many train more than twice a year. No hands went up. When asked how many train or qualify with their duty guns only once a year. Everyone raised their hands.
                It may be purely anecdotal by me, but when I'm at my local range I try to get the lane next to any local LEO I recognize. Why? It strokes my ego when I out-shoot a LEO. (Based on that article maybe I'm thinking about this wrong: I should be embarrassed when I don't out-shoot a LEO on the range.)
                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-19-2016, 10:16 AM.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Glad to see your contributions to this conversation are as meaningful as ever.
                  You don't deserve any of my conversations.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Apologies if posted elsewhere....

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/19/ahmad...ng-source.html
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      You don't deserve any of my conversations.
                      No one deserves any of your conversations.

Comment

Is this all for real? Are you just trolling? I can't tell, so maybe shame on me. But your responses are kind of insane.
                        I was responding based on the people who actually live there. New York City was not (and still is not) "gripped by panic". They seem to be taking it all in stride. Unlike other people.

But hey, the important thing is that no one in New York or Minnesota was hurt.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2796970
                        Last edited by ticapnews; 09-19-2016, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          But hey, the important thing is that no one in New York or Minnesota was hurt.
                          I believe you meant to say "murdered". 29 plus 9 were hurt.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            New York City was not (and still is not) "gripped by panic". They seem to be taking it all in stride.
                            Think about what that says.

29 of their fellow citizens were attacked via IED and, meh, whatever, ...
                            the true tragedy is they didn't use low-fat in my double sweet caramel macchiato this morning.

Sorry, people with IEDs blowing up dumpsters in cities and knifers asking shoppers if they are Muslim before slicing them is not acceptable and not something to be taken in stride.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

the true tragedy is they didn't use low-fat in my double sweet caramel macchiato this morning.

Sorry, people with IEDs blowing up dumpsters in cities and knifers asking shoppers if they are Muslim before slicing them is not acceptable and not something to be taken in stride.
                              I'm happy with the resiliency the country is showing and I'll leave it at that.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

It says in a city of 9 million, 29 of their fellow citizens probably died during sex last last night.

This was the last time "city gripped by panic" was anything but nonsense.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X