X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror 8 - Winter is Coming

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    And you will back anyone that is as crazy and ridiculous as you
    So you consider yourself crazy and ridiculous when it comes to another thread?

Comment

So now we have another front going in Libya. American planes bombing ISIS targets. That should work out well. So is this Bushs fault also?
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        So now we have another front going in Libya. American planes bombing ISIS targets. That should work out well. So is this Bushs fault also?
        If a unilateral invasion resulting in 100+ thousand casualties caused enough extremism and the same invasion created a power vacuum by which that extremism could root and grow into an terrorist organization with a global reach...then yeah, he played a pretty big role.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Using the Olympics as media cover. Smart.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            If a unilateral invasion resulting in 100+ thousand casualties caused enough extremism and the same invasion created a power vacuum by which that extremism could root and grow into an terrorist organization with a global reach...then yeah, he played a pretty big role.
            And **** the Mongols for the siege of Baghdad in 1258 too!

(only somewhat joking...there's something to be said for all of the modern middle eastern issues leading back to the Mongols completely destroying the very advanced Islamic culture present at the time of that invasion)
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              yeah Hilary and Arab Spring had nothing to do with it. At least we know nothing will change when she gets into office. The neocons will still rule.

Comment

Is an airstrike on an ISIS target in Libya a secret or surprise? I mean, it's not as extreme as a Reagan policy of using covert military and economic means to overthrow a foreign government is it?

Comment

Meanwhile in Germany....

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...673fbfb1531bf0
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Comes up as subscriber only article

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

(only somewhat joking...there's something to be said for all of the modern middle eastern issues leading back to the Mongols completely destroying the very advanced Islamic culture present at the time of that invasion)
                      HISTORY SLAM!!

(well played buddy )
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        Using the Olympics as media cover. Smart.
                        If I was going to do that I'd wait until the Olympics had started...
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          HISTORY SLAM!!

(well played buddy )
                          I find history, and more specifically, this type of historical topic extremely intriguing. Basically, what would the world look like, had the Khans not sacked Baghdad? It is obvious that the world would be a completely different place had it not happened, given how advanced the culture was at the time. Compared to what its like now, in many ways it still has never fully recovered. Also, on the topic of the Mongols, what would the world look like had Batu Khan advanced to Vienna in 1241, after defeating the most formidable army in all of Europe, instead of retreating and returning to Mongolia following Ogedei's death?
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Comes up as subscriber only article
                            hmmmmm. let me get that link again. brb.

Bloody Aussies. Getting their caps handed to them by Sri Lanka must have ticked them off. Right then! Let's try the Daily Mail!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-shooting.html
                            Last edited by joecct; 08-05-2016, 10:59 AM.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Yet history alone will judge Hulagu Khan.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

The Border Patrol tells you how to evade the Border Patrol.

https://www.cbp.gov/border-security/...locations-faqs
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X