X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Science: Vaccines Work, GMOs Are Safe, Everything is a Chemical

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Briefly make them, or they briefly fly? I'm no expert, but the latter could be the problem.
    I think he's saying they make weapons.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

This is a much better article (with more details!) about the raven's intelligence:
      http://gizmodo.com/more-evidence-tha...ent-1796882085
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Briefly make them, or they briefly fly? I'm no expert, but the latter could be the problem.
        We make them fly briefly. But that's the requirement. Flying is only an ancillary function.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          We make them fly briefly. But that's the requirement. Flying is only an ancillary function.

I see... Ok... actually, if you want to work on the space program, that's perfect!

Just guessing here but I imagine your firm has been involved in making these things fly briefly long enough to be considered more or less "experts" at it?

Well, it just so happens that one of the major issues with going to Mars is that the flight time is just too **** long! I think I could swing around $600 million to start for a few of you guys to come down to Kennedy with your expertise on making flights brief and look this thing over. Just produce a couple dozen binders and maybe a nice powerpoint by this time next year that basically says something like "Hey! What if they just went faster?" and I can double, maybe triple that, go forward.

Let me know and I'll call a couple congressmen and swing over to the Cape next week to get the ball rolling.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Just guessing here but I imagine your firm has been involved in making these things fly briefly long enough to be considered more or less "experts" at it?
            You could say that.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I guessed that from some previous post about rockets or jets or something, I don't recall exactly, but regardless, that's about 10 seconds of flight time, right now they're working with a couple hundred days... We'll just get a bunch of those things and some duct tape and that should cut the time down some. Besides, producing something that actually works isn't the goal, it's just getting it sold.

With enough hookers and blow I can sell congress on anything. And fortunately, Florida has a virtually unlimited supply of hookers and blow... And yachts. Congressmen love yachts.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

There's a new fear mongering report about the chemicals in macaroni and cheese.

My response? Of COURSE there are harmful chemicals in your macaroni and cheese. The macaroni alone is exposed to large amounts of dihydrogen monoxide!
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Climate change is taking its toll on everything. There is no escaping it!
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Here is a Juno photograph of the Great Red Spot. I believe it is unfiltered and unaltered. Left click to get to highest res. Resolution allows features down to 10 kilometers to be seen. On an object 365 million miles from Earth.

Science. Yes, I believe I'll have some more, please.

Here is the full NASA Juno image gallery. I'll bet thousands more little kids all around the world will tonight dream about being astronomers than would have without it.

I mean, check this out. That is the south pole of Jupiter.
                    Why do they superimpose a satellite into a few of the pictures? Gives the flat-earthers more fuel.

Comment

"The good thing about science is it's true whether you believe it or not."

In a new study published in Astrophysical Journal Letters, scientists identified some of the negatively charged species as what are known as ‘carbon chain anions’. These linear molecules are understood to be building blocks towards more complex molecules, and may have acted as the basis for the earliest forms of life on Earth.

The detections were made using Cassini’s plasma spectrometer, called CAPS, as Cassini flew through Titan’s upper atmosphere, 950–1300 km above the surface. Interestingly, the data showed that the carbon chains became depleted closer to the moon, while precursors to larger aerosol molecules underwent rapid growth, suggesting a close relationship between the two, with the chains ‘seeding’ the larger molecules.

“We have made the first unambiguous identification of carbon chain anions in a planet-like atmosphere, which we believe are a vital stepping-stone in the production line of growing bigger, and more complex organic molecules, such as the moon’s large haze particles,” says Ravi Desai of University College London and lead author of the study.

“This is a known process in the interstellar medium, but now we’ve seen it in a completely different environment, meaning it could represent a universal process for producing complex organic molecules.
                      With 10^24 stars in the universe, it may be teeming with life.
                      Cornell University

Comment

I assume a GOP Congressman will propose shutting down funding for NASA to stop this from happening.
                        Cornell University

Comment

I assume a GOP Congressman will propose shutting down funding for NASA to stop this from happening.
                          An asteroid impact would be God's judgement upon humanity for abortion and gay marriage.

...but He loves you.

Comment

• No link, but an anti-vaxxers for pets movement is starting in Brooklyn.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              No link, but an anti-vaxxers for pets movement is starting in Brooklyn.
                              Oh goody. Maybe when affluent Millennial "furbabies" start dying of distemper and spreading rabies to human children, THEN people will get the message.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Oh goody. Maybe when affluent Millennial "furbabies" start dying of distemper and spreading rabies to human children, THEN people will get the message.
                                They voted "D". Ergo, they must be brilliant.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X