X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Science: Vaccines Work, GMOs Are Safe, Everything is a Chemical

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Not exactly that, though the kid is now the target of anti-vaxxers, and is getting doxed.
    https://karenvaxblog.wordpress.com/2...omment-page-1/
    That was an interesting link.

When I first watched the kid's video link provided by Kep, like pretty much everyone else I thought it was a very clever and well-made video. I did wonder, however, the extent to which it was a set up by larger forces. I just assumed maybe the kid had a parent or someone who was in the medical or drug field. It just struck me as odd that a kid this age would go ahead and make this video.

This should be good for multiple levels of social media ranting by both sides for weeks.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

If she says "I thought there would be no math," find another.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...into-your-80s/
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        If she says "I thought there would be no math," find another.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...into-your-80s/
        ....while complete ignorance of math is not an impediment to finding employment as a reporter. These type of articles just infuriate me. "A correlates with B" does not mean A causes B, nor vice versa! Maybe living in blue houses causes people to have sex later in life and be good at math? Just as plausible as "maths can boost your sex life."
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Crossing fingers

http://www.sciencealert.com/this-rad...-immune-system
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

I really hope so (Dr. Mrs. has MS). There is a special place in hell for giving false hope to disease sufferers and this seems like a clickbait site, but again, let's hope so.

The Lancet reference gives me a little bit of hope.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

SpaceXisms

Elon Musk ✔ @elonmusk
              Ascent phase & satellites look good, but booster rocket had a RUD on droneship
              RUD = Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

SpaceXisms

RUD = Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly
                Patsy Cline released a song about RUDs, it was titled I Fall to Pieces.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Patsy Cline released a song about RUDs, it was titled I Fall to Pieces.
                  Velvet Revolver also did a song called "Fall to Pieces."
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Did Janet Jackson have an RUD at the Sooper Bowel?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Did Janet Jackson have an RUD at the Sooper Bowel?
                      That was totally an RSD.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This is my favorite new thing in the world today. Proof that science and engineering can do good things.

http://www.seabinproject.com/
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Give an engineer some free time and you never know what they'll think of (and make).

http://aleteia.org/blogs/the-daily-c...-nerf-gun-ever
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm taking an hour off today to hear a seminar on thorium reactors. Pretty cool since I'm not sure my company is involved in them, yet, but it's great that they sponsor these events.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I'm taking an hour off today to hear a seminar on thorium reactors. Pretty cool since I'm not sure my company is involved in them, yet, but it's great that they sponsor these events.
                              Very cool. We need to progress in that area. Coal should be dead.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Coal should be dead.
                                I dare you to say that to anyone in West Virginia.

Comment

Working...
                                X