This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Science: Vaccines Work, GMOs Are Safe, Everything is a Chemical

I found this to be an interesting read, while the conclusion from that article seems to be that antarctic ice is less prone to the effects of global warming than initially thought, the fact that a single El Nino event in the 1940s could set forth the possibility of losing a large chunk of a glacier sure makes it seem like there could be a tipping point in the future:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2...not-shrinking/
    I originally found this article via something on the daily wire but I didn't think their slant was the best so I dug deeper for their source and found the telegraph...I'm not sure where others think that fits in slant but they included a quote from a NASA scientist who was a co-author on the paper.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I could not put this down. A family, friends, a doctor and a research team who gave the finger to cancer.

https://apps.bostonglobe.com/metro/g.../2016/12/will/
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        I could not put this down. A family, friends, a doctor and a research team who gave the finger to cancer.

https://apps.bostonglobe.com/metro/g.../2016/12/will/
        Great story
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

There are worse things than asteroids. Right, Kep?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

My personal "favorite."
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I have nowhere else to put this, so I'll put it here because it's from Gizmodo:

http://gizmodo.com/googles-new-emoji...orn-1789742980

SFW: No pictures
              NSFW: Language, maybe...?

The first comment was fantastic:
              Wait, wait wait wait wait...peach represents assplay? Back in my day there was the old classic movie call, Face Off. I think it won like 12 academy awards and a nobel peace price. Anyway, the best quote from the movie is, “I can eat a peach for hours.” I pray to god our Lord and Savior Nic Cage was not speaking of assplay, because while that is fun an all, it would just seems like problems would arrive after eat someone’s *** for hours.

Also, The President of the United States of America had the song Peaches. It adds a whole new context to the line ‘Movin’ to the country gonna eat me a lot of peaches.’
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The inherent difficulty of trying to expose pseudoscience in the service of cynical politics or "you can lead a man to facts but you can't make him drink."
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This is pretty cool, especially when world is only a few thousand years old
                  https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...SA_FB_BIO_BLOG
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    This is pretty cool, especially when world is only a few thousand years old
                    https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...SA_FB_BIO_BLOG
                    That's obviously the work of Satan. The liar.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Better living via chemistry

http://www.vi-poo.com/
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Poopourri is another that has been around for a few years.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Zombiefying West Virginia

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...lowTwt_DCBrand
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

And W T F is going on on Great Britain? Her Majesty will not be amused.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2...te-real-thing/

Does that first picture look like Ivanka? Kep - the Cylons are already here!
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

You're not fooling anyone... http://freebeacon.com/politics/congr...-change-plans/

Comment

And W T F is going on on Great Britain? Her Majesty will not be amused.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2...te-real-thing/

Does that first picture look like Ivanka? Kep - the Cylons are already here!
                                Looks more like Melania. Ivanka is pretty when her bangs cover that enormous forehead.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X