X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Science: Vaccines Work, GMOs Are Safe, Everything is a Chemical

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Yep, RAGE STROKE! This is popcorn worthy, watching you organics foam at the mouth.
    dude, you have some issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      From one of Trump's answers.

Uh, what? What does that mean?
      Physics is King, Biology is Queen, and their rule is absolute.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

It means that he knows big words too - he has the best words.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I applaud Trump for that sentence...truest statement of his campaign.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            I applaud Trump for that sentence...truest statement of his campaign.
            It seemed like he gave pretty much the exact same answer to half-a-dozen of the questions:

"We have limited resources and so we need to set priorities.

"and if we reduce government regulations and stop picking winners and losers and unleash market forces, we'll see incredible innovation."

I do like the concept of having an empiricist as President; we could use a respite from sixteen years of ideology-driven agendas to catch our breath and get reorganized....
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Hopping from the Dead Thread:

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Every moon landing occurred during Nixon's first term.

That's sad.
              We've done a lot of great science since then. I want us walking on other planets and moons, too, but until we get FTL our best ROI is scopes, probes, and bots.

If I were an advanced, spacefaring civilization, I'd organize a Fight Club project: go find new civilizations, attack them, and lose.

A benevolent alien Washington Generals would help us put all our chimp stupidity behind us in one glorious self-preserving union. Imagine for a moment the increase in efficiency if we expended zero assets attacking or defending ourselves against each other. What if 100% of human-directed energy went to satisfying human requirements, exploring the universe, and researching in order to better do each of those functions?
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Hopping from the Dead Thread:

We've done a lot of great science since then. I want us walking on other planets and moons, too, but until we get FTL our best ROI is scopes, probes, and bots.

If I were an advanced, spacefaring civilization, I'd organize a Fight Club project: go find new civilizations, attack them, and lose.

A benevolent alien Washington Generals would help us put all our chimp stupidity behind us in one glorious self-preserving union. Imagine for a moment the increase in efficiency if we expended zero assets attacking or defending ourselves against each other. What if 100% of human-directed energy went to satisfying human requirements, exploring the universe, and researching in order to better do each of those functions?
                Views on going out there...

Do you avoid planets that exhibit signs of civilization?

Manifest Destiny?

Crawl back to your system and go full isolationist?

The aliens out there may not be friendly!!
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

All these worlds are yours, except Europa. Attempt no landings there!!
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    It's not difficult to imagine xenophobia among other high-IQ life forms. It exists in a majority of humans, so...

Comment

Views on going out there...

Do you avoid planets that exhibit signs of civilization?

Manifest Destiny?

Crawl back to your system and go full isolationist?

Talk to the interesting ones. Isolate the bad ones. This could explain why we see nothing -- they may have strung up a quarantine around us at a radius of a couple light years and are waiting to see whether we ever get over our ape brain. Trump could be a test. He looks a little like this guy.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Leaning (and Sinking) Tower of San Francisco!?!?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nati...AjP/story.html
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Redoing Babylonian Math.

http://nasa.tumblr.com/post/15068885...inkId=29160147
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

This is fascinating, thank you for posting it.
                            Cornell University

Comment

From the fact of the day from space.com
                              Daytime temperatures on the dark side of the moon can reach minus 243F (minus 153C).
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

From the fact of the day from space.com
                                But Grand Forks is windier.

Comment

Working...
                                X