• Re: Science: Vaccines Work, GMOs Are Safe, Everything is a Chemical

Gluten-free for the masses!

https://gizmodo.com/scientists-gene-...ple-1818848057
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The Radiolab show on color, including tetrachromacy, called "The Perfect Yellow," is one of the coolest things I've ever heard. (The entire series is unbelievably, insanely, spectacularly good.)

It's part of a cycle on color:

"Rippin' the Rainbow a New One" (comparing numbers* of photoreceptor cones in creatures using a choir)
      "The Perfect Yellow" (anomalous 4 cone -- red, green, blue and YELLOW -- women)
      "Why Isn't the Sky Blue" (philology of when the words for each color appeared in each language)

each of which is brilliant work.

* The current known leader is the mantis shrimp. It has 16 cones.
      Last edited by Kepler; 10-04-2017, 09:23 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        We'll see what the Catholic Church has to say.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Not those kind of masses.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Not those kind of masses.
            The masses in apses.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The masses with asps
              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                The masses with asps
                Well handled.
                Cornell University

Comment

• Anti-vaxxer logic: this bridge is only 98% safe. I think I'll swim across.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                    Anti-vaxxer logic: this bridge is only 98% safe. I think I'll swim across.
                    If this is referencing me, I am obviously not anti-vax.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                      You are, however, "I know better than hundreds of peer reviewed scientists and medical professionals," which is a distinction without a difference. If your thought process is fine, then what is wrong with antivaxxers' thought processes?
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                        You are, however, "I know better than hundreds of peer reviewed scientists and medical professionals," which is a distinction without a difference. If your thought process is fine, then what is wrong with antivaxxers' thought processes?
                        Okay, I guess it's time to get into this again.

Did I push my views on anyone? Did I say that everyone should do it the same way I did? Very few people are in the same situation as I am. What I did worked for me. It made me comfortable. The doctors were okay with the plan even if it was to humor me. The kids were fine and are fully up to date on their vax. So please tell me what the issue is? How did I put anyone at risk? How long of a grace period are you allowed to give shots because sometimes doctors are booked out for several weeks or schedules need to work out? How tightly does the schedule need to be kept because I never said how long of a delay it was? I still don't understand how what I did was so reprehensible. I do think my speeding analogy was a pretty similar example and would like someone to actually respond rather than just dismiss it.

I'm currently in a receptive mood and not trying to be combative, so I look forward to seeing this. Obviously this is my one hot issue and the shots against me and my kids got to me, so I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                          Okay, I guess it's time to get into this again.

Did I push my views on anyone? Did I say that everyone should do it the same way I did? Very few people are in the same situation as I am. What I did worked for me. It made me comfortable. The doctors were okay with the plan even if it was to humor me. The kids were fine and are fully up to date on their vax. So please tell me what the issue is? How did I put anyone at risk? How long of a grace period are you allowed to give shots because sometimes doctors are booked out for several weeks or schedules need to work out? How tightly does the schedule need to be kept because I never said how long of a delay it was? I still don't understand how what I did was so reprehensible. I do think my speeding analogy was a pretty similar example and would like someone to actually respond rather than just dismiss it.

I'm currently in a receptive mood and not trying to be combative, so I look forward to seeing this. Obviously this is my one hot issue and the shots against me and my kids got to me, so I'd like to avoid that if possible.
                          Seems like one effective way to accomplish that would be to stop making it about you and your kids.

Comment

Now you are moving the goalposts. In the other thread, you were adamant that you (and therefore everyone) ought to be able to pick your own timeline. Now you say it could be a problem to hit the exact timeline due to doctor availability. So which is it? You agree that people ought to follow the timeline but are curious how much leeway there is? Or do you still think you know better?

Your seatbelt and speeding analogies will work nicely, as soon as we institute penalties and fines for not getting vaccinated properly. Speeding and not wearing seatbelts put lots of people (not just the offender) at risk, and we recognize that by administering civil and criminal punishments for those behaviors. We really ought to do the same thing for people who put others at risk by not vaccinating properly.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              Now you are moving the goalposts. In the other thread, you were adamant that you (and therefore everyone) ought to be able to pick your own timeline. Now you say it could be a problem to hit the exact timeline due to doctor availability. So which is it? You agree that people ought to follow the timeline but are curious how much leeway there is? Or do you still think you know better?

Your seatbelt and speeding analogies will work nicely, as soon as we institute penalties and fines for not getting vaccinated properly. Speeding and not wearing seatbelts put lots of people (not just the offender) at risk, and we recognize that by administering civil and criminal punishments for those behaviors. We really ought to do the same thing for people who put others at risk by not vaccinating properly.
                              No. I was simply asking the question. How rigid is the schedule? What if you can't hit it because of factors out of your control? Should the doctors make special considerations to get you in to make sure you hit the schedule? You still have no clue what my schedule was because I have never said what it was. I'm simply pointing out that it might not be as bad as you think. But as long as the vax are received in a reasonable manner, what's the problem? The issue I raised is what is reasonable.

I never once actually claimed I knew better or preached people had to follow me. Just stated what I did and that it worked for me. You need to do what works best for you, even if it is not conventional.

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              Seems like one effective way to accomplish that would be to stop making it about you and your kids.
                              That is the whole issue. But attacking me for not looking out for my kids is over the line IMHO because that is what this entire issue is about to me. Making sure my kids are protected.
                              Last edited by Tiggsy; 10-09-2017, 04:24 PM.

Comment

No. I was simply asking the question. How rigid is the schedule? What if you can't hit it because of factors out of your control? Should the doctors make special considerations to get you in to make sure you hit the schedule? You still have no clue what my schedule was because I have never said what it was. I'm simply pointing out that it might not be as bad as you think. But as long as the vax are received in a reasonable manner, what's the problem? The issue I raised is what is reasonable.

I never once actually claimed I knew better or preached people had to follow me. Just stated what I did and that it worked for me. You need to do what works best for you, even if it is not conventional.

That is the whole issue. But attacking me for not looking out for my kids is over the line IMHO because that is what this entire issue is about to me. Making sure my kids are protected.
                                You are just chumming sharks.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X