• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Science: Vaccines Work, GMOs Are Safe, Everything is a Chemical

Why not?

http://kmle1079.cbslocal.com/2016/03...u-take-a-dump/
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Bethselamin

A fabulously beautiful planet, Bethselamin is now so worried about the cumulative erosion by ten billion visiting tourists a year that any net imbalance between the amount you eat and the amount you excrete whilst on the planet is surgically removed from your bodyweight when you leave: so every time you go to the lavatory there it is vitally important to get a receipt.
      "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
      Groucho Marx
      "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
      Ron White
      "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
      Milo Bloom

Comment

McDonald's is removing the HFCS from their burger buns.

Call me crazy, but I don't think the average McDonald's patron gives a flying f-ck if their Big Mac bun contains HFCS or not.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I have zero issues with HFCS. Like everything else it's fine in moderation.

It gets a bad rap because people don't understand what consequence mean.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            I have zero issues with HFCS. Like everything else it's fine in moderation.

It gets a bad rap because people don't understand what consequence mean.
            I get your point, but I'm also fine with the elimination of sugar hiding in a hamburger bun (assuming they haven't replaced it with another form of sugar).

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Here's the progression by day: 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
              Yeah. Do it.

Closest I can think of is that early on its somewhat like drinking a lot of coffee. You get extra energy, may sleep less and might get some euphoria out of it. Some can be irritable (less likely when its short term). When you come down, you'll probably feel pretty wiped out. Its rough when its long term. That regiment shouldn't be a big deal.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Guess all the effort went into climate change.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/08/1...quired-by-law/
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Unfortunately the bronchitis seems to be hanging on after the first course. I had no negative side effects from the Prednizone but I'm not wild about re-upping based on what I have read here and elsewhere. However, I've been done with the course for a week now and the symptoms, which had dropped to near zero, are steadily climbing back up. And also, this is the science thread so I'm not going to let some anecdotes scare me off if it's the right prescription. So I'm checking back in with my doc on Monday and see what he says. He went to real med school (well, Columbia, but still...), I only went to USCHO Med School.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 08-20-2016, 08:46 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Unfortunately the bronchitis seems to be hanging on after the first course. I had no negative side effects from the Prednizone but I'm not wild about re-upping based on what I have read here and elsewhere. However, I've been done with the course for a week now and the symptoms, which had dropped to near zero, are steadily climbing back up. And also, this is the science thread so I'm not going to let some anecdotes scare me off if it's the right prescription. So I'm checking back in with my doc on Monday and see what he says. He went to real med school (well, Columbia, but still...), I only went to USCHO Med School.
                    Stay at a Holiday Inn Express tonight.

Get well soon - there is something running around our neck of te woods. My FIL has a bug he can't shake either.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I wouldn't be scared off either(got to do what you got to do) but those anecdotes are well known side effects.
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Did your doctor check for pneumonia? Asthma (actually if it is asthma, the pred should help, but the dosage may be different)?
                        Last edited by CLS; 08-21-2016, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Do not let the internet scare you away. Steroids are an incredibly common treatment for many different conditions. Just make sure you are with a doctor you trust, and bring up your concerns. Everything has a risk/benefit profile and good medicine is just trying to win that ratio.
                          In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                          I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Everybody who has ever watched a horror movie knows what to do: redirect this puppy right into the sun. Above all, on no account bring it back to Earth.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Time flies. Today is the 10th anniversary of Pluto's demotion.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Time flies. Today is the 10th anniversary of Pluto's demotion.
                                That was a goofy decision.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X