This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Science: Vaccines Work, GMOs Are Safe, Everything is a Chemical

Thing about doctors is they’re human. Obviously exempting anyone with medical training who is a college hockey fan or my wife, there are plenty who take kickbacks from pharma reps, overprescribe opiates and antibiotics etc. Find one you trust, and do your own research to make sure you are onboard with their methods.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      Thing about doctors is they’re human. Obviously exempting anyone with medical training who is a college hockey fan or my wife, there are plenty who take kickbacks from pharma reps, overprescribe opiates and antibiotics etc. Find one you trust, and do your own research to make sure you are onboard with their methods.
      Most (if any) Doctors are not inventing their own vaccine schedule though, which is what the topic of discussion is.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Most (if any) Doctors are not inventing their own vaccine schedule though, which is what the topic of discussion is.
        There are “doctors” of chiropractic that will recommend eating dirt and sniffing moonbeams in place of getting immunized. There are others that possess healing skills that seem miraculous in their efficacy. Question everything.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          No doubt.

Comment

The Atlantic might be the best source I've seen for ready-to-consume scientific articles. It does such a good job at getting you understandable details. Often the comments sections point to more in-depth articles to boot.

'A New Rosetta Stone for Astronomy': For the first time, astronomers have detected visible light and gravitational waves from the same source, ushering in a new era in our attempt to understand the cosmos.

The Atlantic
            A more "sciencey" link
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              The Atlantic might be the best source I've seen for ready-to-consume scientific articles. It does such a good job at getting you understandable details. Often the comments sections point to more in-depth articles to boot.

'A New Rosetta Stone for Astronomy': For the first time, astronomers have detected visible light and gravitational waves from the same source, ushering in a new era in our attempt to understand the cosmos.

The Atlantic
              A more "sciencey" link
              So that occurred about 130 million years ago. About half way between then and now was the asteroid off Yucatan that wiped out the dinosaurs.

Flowers started to bloom on Earth 130 million years ago. Modern man has been around for ~50,000 years.
              Last edited by joecct; 10-16-2017, 07:13 PM.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                So that occurred about 130 million years ago. About half way between then and now was the asteroid off Yucatan that wiped out the dinosaurs.

Flowers started to bloom on Earth 130 million years ago. Modern man has been around for ~50,000 years.
                And the thing is, it's remarkable because it's so recent.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Memories can be erased.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...a-snails-brain

I can't prove it, but I bet that both the DNC and RNC funded the research.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Memories can be erased.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...a-snails-brain

I can't prove it, but I bet that both the DNC and RNC funded the research.
                    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/26/...-device-rumors

I was crushed when the Courier was cancelled. I really hope they revive it. Though, I will say I think the Surface Book would meet my current needs better than a notebook like Courier. To have one of these back in college would have been a game changer.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Interstellar visitor came and left a couple weeks ago
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

GRAIN FOR ALL!!!!

The mysteries of the pyramids have deepened with the discovery of what appears to be a giant void within the Khufu, or Cheops, monument in Egypt.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Didn't you watch Stargate?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Bye Bye Science.

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota...rds/454547863/

Deborah Swackhamer, a prominent water chemist, was dumped as chair of a key science panel at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on Tuesday as part of a dramatic restructuring of how the agency gets scientific advice.

Swackhamer, a retired University of Minnesota professor, has drawn the public spotlight this year for sharply criticizing EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt. She said Tuesday that Pruitt is turning the agency’s scientific advisory boards into committees that will “rubber stamp his agenda: deregulation.”
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                And the pendulum swings the other way. Why can't it stay in the middle??
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X