This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Science: Vaccines Work, GMOs Are Safe, Everything is a Chemical

Insta Tan!! Guaranteed to work on redheads!!

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-40260029
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

NASA wants to probe Uranus in search of gas

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/nasa-want...232157525.html
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Soundbite in nutrition this week is that coconut oil is as unhealthy for you as beef fat. Paleo and organic people have lost their sh-t, saying in effect, Big Canola paid for the study.

My response? Awww, poor little babies got their feelings hurt. How do you think it feels for people like me to sit and hear you say that everything I eat (gluten, grains, dairy, sugar, legumes) is unhealthy and I'm going to die a horrible death?
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Doesn't coconut oil have a relatively high saturated fat content and what unsaturated fats it has tend to be monounsaturated fats?

Even lard, in all its porky deliciousness, has tons of monounsaturated fats and IINM, a fairly high polyunsaturated fat content as well?

So... duh?
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Doesn't coconut oil have a relatively high saturated fat content and what unsaturated fats it has tend to be monounsaturated fats?

Even lard, in all its porky deliciousness, has tons of monounsaturated fats and IINM, a fairly high polyunsaturated fat content as well?

So... duh?
            Definitely duh. I just think it's amusing that all these Paleo followers (Dave Asprey especially) are upset about this study. This, coming from people who think it's okay to put butter in their morning coffee.

Speaking of butter in the coffee, some quick math. 1 tablespoon of butter (grass-fed or not) is 100 calories. Right or wrong, I drink 4-5 large cups of coffee a day. But the coffee is black, and at 20 calories a cup at most... that would be an extra 500 calories a day. Unnecessary.

Comment

I think anyone who puts butter in their coffee might be clinically insane. It's probably best to stop reading that kind of stuff. You clearly don't buy it and all it does is enrage you.

Let the morons part with their money and health. You do you.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                Soundbite in nutrition this week is that coconut oil is as unhealthy for you as beef fat. Paleo and organic people have lost their sh-t, saying in effect, Big Canola paid for the study.

My response? Awww, poor little babies got their feelings hurt. How do you think it feels for people like me to sit and hear you say that everything I eat (gluten, grains, dairy, sugar, legumes) is unhealthy and I'm going to die a horrible death?
                And it still lowers the risk for dementia/Alzheimer's (at least for now), so do you want to go with a bad heart and know it, or go with a good heart without a clue of what's happening

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, coconut oil being as unhealthy as beef fat doesn't sound all that concerning. I'd be more concerned if the headline was that it is as unhealthy as sugar.

Comment

Definitely duh. I just think it's amusing that all these Paleo followers (Dave Asprey especially) are upset about this study. This, coming from people who think it's okay to put butter in their morning coffee.

Speaking of butter in the coffee, some quick math. 1 tablespoon of butter (grass-fed or not) is 100 calories. Right or wrong, I drink 4-5 large cups of coffee a day. But the coffee is black, and at 20 calories a cup at most... that would be an extra 500 calories a day. Unnecessary.
                    Black coffee has 2 Cal/8oz.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                      And it still lowers the risk for dementia/Alzheimer's (at least for now), so do you want to go with a bad heart and know it, or go with a good heart without a clue of what's happening
                      Source plzkthx
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Source plzkthx
                        https://bebrainfit.com/coconut-oil-dementia/
                        About 2/3 down are links to some studies, correlation for some may be a bit tenuous...
                        But the gist of it is that while low fat diets are good for your heart they are bad for your brain, and the fats in coconut oil are a little better than others.

But mostly, can I not just make fun of today's Coconut oil is the debil Bobby Boucher news, with yesterdays coconut oil is a miracle drug news?

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                          As far as I'm concerned, coconut oil being as unhealthy as beef fat doesn't sound all that concerning. I'd be more concerned if the headline was that it is as unhealthy as sugar.
                          the study was done by American Heart Association
                          The AHA endorses cocoa puffs, what else do you need to know?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Sugar Lobby owns every Congressman in the US Govt.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              the study was done by American Heart Association
                              The AHA endorses cocoa puffs, what else do you need to know?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              Yes, the AHA is EEEEEEEEEVYIL.

Coconut oil also has warnings from the FDA, WHO, HHS, AD(ietetic)A, as well as the British NHS.
                              Code:

Comment

Soundbite in nutrition this week is that coconut oil is as unhealthy for you as beef fat.
                                It's true that they're comparable, but "unhealthy" is the wrong word. Beef fat is not as evil as people say. One of the healthiest things you can eat is a big old fatty ribeye or a slow-cooked beef bone broth. YUM fat.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X