This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Science: Vaccines Work, GMOs Are Safe, Everything is a Chemical

Reason 715 on why you should not pick your nose. There's some valuable stuff up there!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...he-human-nose/
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Video of SpaceX performing a full length test firing of one of their returned first stages.

I wonder, do the engineers and technicians on the ground ever get past the "I can't believe they pay us for this" stage of their employment?

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
        Video of SpaceX performing a full length test firing of one of their returned first stages.

I wonder, do the engineers and technicians on the ground ever get past the "I can't believe they pay us for this" stage of their employment?
        My god, I wouldn't. Is it too late to start over?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I wouldn't think so. How much more schooling would you need to be hired on as the guy who stands off to the side giggling uncontrollably?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Embry Riddle has lots of Students at Space X, nice campus in Daytona beach, aint too shabby
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Obama signed bill S.764, pretty much overturning Vermont's GMO labeling law.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                Obama signed bill S.764, pretty much overturning Vermont's GMO labeling law.
                Bought and paid for
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Bought and paid for
                  Typical Organic hooey.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post

They don't pay you for the work - they pay you for putting up with Elon Musk's ego and the horrible work environment that he spawned. SpaceX is a terrible place to work.
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Got $130 + shipping to spare? It is not logical, but it is a great collectors item!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Got $130 + shipping to spare? It is not logical, but it is a great collectors item!
                        Whatever that site is, your link just got me dinged on the corporate firewall alert. Now my manager's going to have a conversation with me. Not kidding.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          Obama signed bill S.764, pretty much overturning Vermont's GMO labeling law.
                          Some friends and I were lobbying for an amendment to GMO labeling law to require that the definition of "genetic modification" include selective breeding. Half seriously, half subversively. Imagine if every item of food for sale had to be labeled as GMO.
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Hmmmmm. I've read too much science fiction to be a fan.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-s...animal-embryos
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The Prime Meridian is not where you think it is

http://www.space.com/33583-moving-th...-on-earth.html
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Hmmmmm. I've read too much science fiction to be a fan.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-s...animal-embryos
                                This is one of those things that on surface doesn't sound good...but nobody here (and maybe nobody alive) has any idea of the ramifications - positive or negative.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X